Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by SurgeUk on Today at 05:56:47 PM »
Not participating, just showing some support  :salute:
Used my only Micra to help pack the GAW for Dutch_Tooler. I need to weigh everything for the EU  :twak:

There's more than just the Vulpis  ;)
Carry on the good work awl  :drink:
The Break Room / Re: Rate the last movie you watched v2
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 05:52:55 PM »
The Lodgers  2014  Irish.  Great acting and photography.  Creepy.  If you need every small detail spelled out, this might not be for you.  What a welcome reprieve from cheap slasher, phony computer animation, and cliche scripts.  Best wishes.  G
 :D
The Break Room / Re: Hybrid cars- anyone have one?
« Last post by Grant Lamontagne on Today at 05:51:16 PM »
You are doing better than I am.  In the past 30 ish years I've had:

1986 Pontiac Firebird
1991 VW Fox
1987 GMC Tracker
1981 Pontiac Catalina
2000 Pontiac Sunfire
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ
2010 VW Golf
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Keeping cars for a decade here is very difficult considering the rust issues.  You rarely see cars more than a decade old here.

Def
The Break Room / Re: Hybrid cars- anyone have one?
« Last post by powernoodle on Today at 05:44:10 PM »
This is only my 4th vehicle in the last 44 years, and it will prolly last me another 10 or until I croak.  :ahhh
The Mod Squad / Re: Wenger Safari mod for whittling
« Last post by mfturner on Today at 05:36:58 PM »
Oooh, ok, it makes sense that the tool layer may be softer than the blade layer.  That’s a vote for a two layer build in my mind.  Thanks!
Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by LoopCutter on Today at 05:36:35 PM »
Whew!  Dodged an impulce purchase!

FarmerX shared his GREEN MICRA. Just received a sales email from LM for the Micra, oh my the GREEN is stunning, but, 😢 out of stuck😢

Lucky me!   (Just kidding, the green looks nice as well as the Red and Blue, but can not beat the SS)
Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by LoopCutter on Today at 05:30:01 PM »
I feel like I've been neglecting my Case knives so have grabbed this Working Medium Jack for today.

That is a very a very impressive Medium Jack, to busy for a picture.

I will cover for you with my large Stockman in Mediterranean Blue that riding backup to my LM Micra this month.
Edged Tools / Re: Case Knives
« Last post by LoopCutter on Today at 05:24:23 PM »
I originally wonder the same, if a CS version would be offered. And I am still wondering.

On the other side of the coin, it does appear that CASE is releasing more patterns with the Carbon Steel option than in previous years.

And, then it has been mentioned in a SMKW you tube video with a CASE rep, they are introducing different handle materials and color combos, BUT, only in restricted quantities. When gone, they will be GONE.

Like the SMKW exclusive, SEA DRAGON BONE.  NOTE, CASE labels the box as Burnt Caribbean Blue  Jig Bone.  Pretty much all patterns in this color are gone.

It is my take, marketing toward collectors AND SECONDARY RESELLERS by limiting quantity  to increase inventory turnover. 

A model other knife makers have been enjoying the past several years, as GEC,  and the sub brands.

The Mod Squad / Re: Wenger Safari mod for whittling
« Last post by Ron Who on Today at 05:15:24 PM »
About sharpening the can opener to make a chisel: I´ve done it and found the metal too soft. It will not stay sharp very long.

Gary´s right, the barcode dates it 1974 or later

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD