Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

If you are referring to the cut style file, I find it to be overly aggressive and prefer the grit texture one.
Leatherman Tools / Re: April Rebar and Friends Challenge
« Last post by BPRoberts on Today at 08:51:55 PM »
Day 26

The kitchen ceiling fan was wobbly. It was somehow missing a screw. I took the loose blade off so I could take the other screw to the HW store to match, then tightened up the others. 711 ratchet called into service detached to get into some tight spaces for the ones that were still mounted.
Day 25

Bought a new belt, Sportsman took  care of the labels.
And it's a welcome improvement!
Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by SteveC on Today at 08:15:14 PM »
Couple William Rodgers knives

Nice !   :like:

How does the British Stockman compare ?
Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by SteveC on Today at 08:14:18 PM »

I enjoy your rambling buddy . So ramble on.   :tu:

:iagree: :tu:
General Tool Discussion / Re: Flame On! - April Firestarting Challenge
« Last post by comis on Today at 07:55:29 PM »
I carry mine in a Ziploc bag with the rest of my fire kit, so that keeps everything dry.
Thanks for chiming in, Ziploc bag is definitely a great rainproof/waterproof solution for anything outdoor.

Day 25

Smart move Nate, the test confirms that the striker is completely destroyed when wet. I would have thought it would be more durable like wet/dry sandpaper.    [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]    [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  
Carrying a dry strip inside the container is a good move, and sometimes I do miss those 'strike anywhere' matches, which I bet it will work even with a MT or SAK file...
« Last post by comis on Today at 07:52:30 PM »
It's supposed to be small, but it's really thick, and extremely heavy. And it's not as well-made as the regular Fiskars utility knife. This one has a lot of play when closed and when opened. But the pivot is not a screw I can tighten to reduce the play.
The Gerber EAB is miles better than this, if you're looking for a small folding utility knife.
Thanks for the feedback, if I were to get one, I am thinking maybe the Milwaukee one?  It looks kinda promising, not super heavy and has a small 1/4 bit adapter which is quite handy.
« Last post by comis on Today at 07:50:34 PM »
Day 26

I tried starting fire with this 8 W2 leds Hanklight (approximately 7000-8000 lumens?), but wasn't successful.  I have seen it done on YT in the past, and my wild guess is the relative humidity is usually really high where I live and it's been raining for the past few days, so it's even harder to make it lit.
General Tool Discussion / Re: Black Oxide Friday!
« Last post by Antti Lammi on Today at 07:21:29 PM »
:woohoo:
Awesome combo Steve

Only Tools Matters

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68