Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Leatherman Tools / Re: How come Leatherman doesn't?
« Last post by gerleatherberman on Today at 01:33:31 PM »
 :multi:

I know a guy who does custom laser engraving locally. I may take one of my PSTs over to him and see what kind of money we'd be looking at overall for an engraved design. He even does acid etching...For an extra fee. :cheers:
Rescue Tools / Re: Heavy duty door Opening Tool?
« Last post by lister on Today at 01:33:15 PM »
I guarantee that advice given to him will apply in most of the Europe far better than what he had in mind. Especially if he is from Austria as I think it was mentioned somewhere in this thread. They are our neighbours and they enjoy a better standard of living than us and there is no need to knock any doors down in my neck of the woods.  :D
Leatherman Tools / Re: What is being carried today ?
« Last post by ThePeacent on Today at 01:27:39 PM »
Had been carrying this for a few days now. Really comfy.

looks badass!   :salute:
 :drool:
The Mod Squad / Re: Mini Wave mod.. well sort of..
« Last post by gerleatherberman on Today at 01:26:54 PM »
My sympathies to you Sam Lim. LM steel is a pain to cut by hand tools. :salute:
Leatherman Tools / Re: Leatherman 2018 Rumors?
« Last post by ThePeacent on Today at 01:16:34 PM »
I'd like to see slimmer, sleeker tools. Maybe less functions, but the good old back to basics

and being deceived by their blade-only offering of this year, I'd love to see a return of the Crater series with updated materials and/or functions
(I'm thinking G10 scales, multiposition carry clip, scales with wrench cutouts, allen or hex drivers,  ::) and new functions like package opener,  belt cutter or Wave scissors, or diamond file on them   :drool:)

whatever they do, I don't want to see them follow their recent trends of past years  :twak:
Rescue Tools / Re: Heavy duty door Opening Tool?
« Last post by Gerhard Gerber on Today at 01:03:03 PM »
I left this thread rather angry on page 2 or something.......probably should've stayed gone....

I can understand all the arguments raised why this person wanting to break down doors upsets most of you.  :salute:

What I do not appreciate is you all just see a nutter, which he might be, but there might also be a very valid reason for his anxiety.

From what I read in the news, and what I've been told first hand, there is reason for concern.

Nutter or not, can't say, but due to the international nature of this forum I have to point out that you, and me, can sometimes not even imagine how different life can be for others......

I had a moment this morning reading about Dan (Chako) chasing off car thieves........I cannot comprehend how or why he did that unarmed, knowing all the sweet firearms he owns!

Now, because you are such nice people, I truly and deeply hope you never experience anxiety that drives you into that mindspace  :salute:
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Pics of your SAKs outside
« Last post by ThePeacent on Today at 12:59:32 PM »
Barcelona winter sunset

(Image removed from quote.)
Wonderful! how are the Barcelona carry laws btw? Are they more relaxed in the south EU, compared to pretty much 0 tolerance up here in Sweden?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

no, they're almost zero tolerance here... :P
You'd better not pull out a 84 mm SAK blade to open a package, or a Leatherman tool's blade to get to your letter, cut open that clamshell plastic or trim a hanging string of your clothes.   :ahhh

The law is quite ambiguous (The last word is always on the officer that's questioning you, so if he has a bad day or feels like you're doing wrong he can arrest you for having a 1" blade, or a razor blade for that matter) and leaves lots of space for doubt, discussion and penalising.

If you're not weird looking, acting strangely or in a crowded area (disco, theme park, mall, theater) then you might be forgiven for using or pulling out a SAK blade or smaller knife, but God forbid you use a OHO folder, a flipper or a single blade knife bigger than your finger in public.
That's a granted fine, questioning and probable loss of your item plus monetary compensation, and even charges put against you.   :facepalm:

It's sad indeed but the only context in which you could get away with carrying a fixed blade or a single blade knife of reasonable (2" or more) size would be in the outdoors, deep into the woods or on the middle of the mountains, and even then you'd better not scare away any passerby or anyone that happens to be nearby (neighbors, hikers...)    :ahhh

it's quite draconian really   :(
Flashlight Forum / Re: What light did you carry today?
« Last post by jaya_man on Today at 12:58:41 PM »
Just these two for the duration of our Tokyo trip...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Which SAK is getting pocket time today?
« Last post by jaya_man on Today at 12:54:57 PM »
It’s the last day of our Tokyo holiday... we fly back tomorrow... both my Bladeless Manager and Compact Tinker Small... Scissors proved very useful for opening coffee sachets, shopping packages and removing luggage tags... Even the tweezers helped to get the kid occupied in applying decals to his lego toys...

Compact Tinker Small is not in the picture as the wife is using it at the moment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Pics of your SAKs outside
« Last post by Thunderpants on Today at 12:49:38 PM »
Lovely Ranger - just don't drop it in yellow snow...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
December Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: $330.00
PayPal Fees: $18.17
Net Balance: $311.83
Above Goal: $36.83
Site Currency: USD
113% 
December Donations

Community Links