Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

The Break Room / Re: Ten Things Everyone Should Be Able To Do
« Last post by Grant Lamontagne on Today at 10:34:23 AM »
Good job!

I need to change my air filter soon too. Boys been too long and I work in a very dusty environment.   :facepalm:

Def
General Tool Discussion / Re: Flashlight Challenge - June 2024
« Last post by Vidar on Today at 10:28:38 AM »
Edit: Never mind - brain droppings gone sideways!  :D
i did allready post my last SAK Video on the SAK Alike Challenge Thread ^^
I think it will be some sort of an 4 Layer Comparassion Video , i wonder if the Minichamp is also 4 Layer ..

Even though i ditnt got an Email from Swiza that it was shipped, DPD will deliever the Pakage today so i will post pictures this evening ^^

EDIT: When i dont count this quite useless Nail Skinn Spatel Tool, the Minichamp is 4 Layer (but 3 Layer on the other side) ..
The Mod Squad / Re: Wenger Safari mod for whittling
« Last post by Vidar on Today at 09:45:19 AM »
I'm not a whittler so I don't think I can say anything sensible about tooling for that.

I would drop the spare liner and trust that Wenger over time had found the right balance between weight, stiffness, toughness and strength. It is the robustness of the final assembly that counts, and the sum of the parts is a lot stiffer. (If you do decide to go with a double liner it might be a good idea to glue them together as two layers that can move between them will be less stiff).

The springs are likely dimensioned to maintain their stiffness based on a long life in relaxed postion when the tool is either fully open or closed. Thus for stiff springs I've sometimes left a SAK with the tools in half opened position for some time. They seem less springy afterwards and easier to open. Your vary might milage.

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Explorer Challenge May 2024
« Last post by Antti Lammi on Today at 09:28:35 AM »
After yesterday i decide to choose my Rebwing as my pliers carry instead Spirit. My RebWing is 6 gram lighter and has dedicated Metal Saw and Heavy Duty Saw (for Metal and Wood) also has excellent pliers, even tho Spirit is much more erconomic to use. Also i can mod Rebar toolset when needed.

Hi all.
Thanks for the welcome.
I hope stories and information about our tools will be interesting to the community

DSC00865_kik.jpg
* DSC00865_kik.jpg (Filesize: 225.84 KB)

DSC01047.jpg
* DSC01047.jpg (Filesize: 266.38 KB)
Power Tools / Re: mini chainsaw pure cooper x brushless
« Last post by Vidar on Today at 09:22:19 AM »
A brushed motor uses a mechanical solution to move the magnetic field and cause rotation. A brushless motor uses electronics to achieve the same.

Compared to a brushless motor a brushed motor will be less expensive, be less efficient (a consideration for battery driven tools), make more noise, and the brushes will wear down over time.

In practical terms for something used occasionally both will be fine. Brushes take a long time to wear down and there is often replacement brushes included. Personally I have noticed that some of my brushed tools will throw sparks at times - if you're working around flamable stuff or gases that might be worth a thought too.
These are for Barry

Only Tools Matters

Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by gra_farmer on Today at 08:36:51 AM »

DAY 3

So a sad day yesterday, it was my father in-law's funeral, but a nice way to remember his life, talking to his friends and the family, having a huge number of photos on a slide show and 16 hour play list of his favourite music, compilation of both painstakingly created by my wife.

Typical of a wake, there was too much food and drink, so this morning some calming lemon balm leaf tea... harvested by the Micra, before heading to the office.

God bless you dad, I'll look after your little girl always xxx (my wife and best friend)

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: So this happened... FINALLY
« Last post by Rizio Il Ghiro on Today at 08:15:45 AM »
 :iagree: looking good!  :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68