Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Leather slips for SAK’s
« Last post by Otonka on Today at 11:06:12 PM »
Hey Otonka, is there any way you could take a photo of what the Swiss Champ looks like in its slip?
Of course. Sorry for the late response. I like the slips larger than the SAK.
Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by SteveC on Today at 11:04:05 PM »
 :like: :tu:
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Leather slips for SAK’s
« Last post by Black sunshine on Today at 10:39:22 PM »
Just got this from TahoeLeather and it’s the nicest slip I have owned. Very high quality and it’s nice that no brands or branding has been embossed into it. The metal rivets give it a nice extra touch. It fit’s this Cadet well and covers the whole knife.

What size did you order?  Looks great.
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Dating My Collection
« Last post by Black sunshine on Today at 10:30:27 PM »
Waiter
1986 - 1991

‘90 or ‘91.
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Dating My Collection
« Last post by Black sunshine on Today at 10:24:24 PM »
Re: Dates - I've just gone by the tangs on them, but have seen experts on reddit point out the tiniest details on tools etc that might hone in my broad predictions. Will see if someone comes along and adds anything.
Modeler: c. ‘83
Climber: ‘87 or ‘88
EcoLine Climber: c.’94
Fieldmaster: ‘00 or ‘01
Spartan: ‘02
Ranger: ‘92 maybe ‘93
Leatherman Tools / Re: The SideClip Owners Club
« Last post by mvp on Today at 10:21:26 PM »
Joking aside, this is a good compromise, don't you think ?
  [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

Good mod, but I don't like too much because he can move freely around that pivot point.
I was actually thinking to make holes and thread them to put a free series pocket clip. I'm not sure would work, but it's something I think I will give it a try soon.
Molly enjoying what has been a very rare exception to the grey skies and rain.  I left my chair for all of 30 seconds and I came back to this.  ::)
The Break Room / Re: Revived Sos Surprise Box GAW ( US edition ).
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 10:19:24 PM »
   Since none of our European friends have actually seen the US surprise box, maybe you might like a better idea of how to make one.  Without getting into specifics, the Surprise box has things like pens, lanyards, paracord, watch bands, lights, carry pouches, one-piece tools, SAK parts, and sheaths.  There are multi-tools and knives as well.  If you will look at the things kept by the US members, you will see all of these sorts of things.  Most recipients keep a few things and put some items back.  Some of them are expensive.  Some are not. 
   I remember friend Antti sent an item to Frenchephaistos recently.  We have several Finnish members who could potentially be part of the game.  If anything could be sent from Finland to France (you already know, Antti), the box could circulate around France and maybe some neighboring countries.  Depending on shipping and laws.  There are lots of UK members, but their new shipping laws might not allow entry. 
   Find out what works.  Put together a few things and see who wants to receive the box and then pass it on.  If nobody does it first, it won't happen.  It could be done satisfactorily with just items like I mentioned and NO knives at all.  Best wishes.  G
 :think:
Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by Gareth on Today at 10:14:00 PM »
Thanks loopcutter and Gareth  :tu:
Can’t see your picture Gareth.

It appears I didn't attach it.  :oops:

:D :D
The Break Room / Re: Revived Sos Surprise Box GAW ( US edition ).
« Last post by Antti Lammi on Today at 09:42:40 PM »
    Good idea but pretty much impossible.  How about the European MTo contingent putting together a Surprise Box on your own?  Trade it around over there.  It started with Sherry just putting a handful of nice things in a box on her own and sending it.  It could work there. 
    A box of mixed things from the US with new and used items of all sorts would be quite a task to get through taxation and customs.  Not worth the trouble.  Especially since it would likely be confiscated.  I can see a French box working maybe with shipments within country.  Or Finnish box?  The US box started small.  No reason you couldn't start one on a small scale over there.  Best wishes.  G
 :think:

I agree, It could work somehow here like it do US.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%