Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by gra_farmer on May 20, 2024, 11:31:24 PM »

DAY 20

We are almost there..... only 10 days to go, and well done everyone so far for such a brilliant Micra photo album from so many...

So today, crazy busy again, work and sick child....not a good mix....also sorting the ducks out which are huge now... pictures will follow....

...so on the duck theme, the Micra has been helping to line there indoor home while their feathers come through...the blade is surprisingly good.

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Explorer Challenge May 2024
« Last post by Alan K. on May 20, 2024, 11:23:48 PM »
Day 20
No use today but it finally rained this afternoon. :cheers:
The Outdoor and Survival Forum / Re: Fishing - I want to know everything about it
« Last post by styx on May 20, 2024, 11:07:39 PM »
probably should have mentioned that we were on the shore of a smaller lake. as for technique, well all that fussing about and arguing led to nothing being caught at all.

somehow the best sentiment I got is to just start and learn by doing.

btw I've seen spear fishermen use their knives to do the same thing (well similar) as to what the iki spike does
Gadget Freak and EDC Forum / Re: Zippo Bit Safe Lighter Insert.
« Last post by Chako on May 20, 2024, 11:00:48 PM »
Pretty much as I bought a zippo and this as part of my collection. Always cheaper to get in on the ground floor.
Leatherman Tools / Re: Leatherman PST chronology project
« Last post by Poncho65 on May 20, 2024, 10:55:38 PM »
That is an awesome JPST :drool: :like: :like:
Edged Tools / Re: What Is Your Latest Knife?
« Last post by Heywood Floyd on May 20, 2024, 10:40:15 PM »
Yeah, it is smaller IRL than it feels on pictures, the Cadet helps figuring it out.
That pouch is the smaller one of a kit of 3, from the brand Tasmanian Tiger (military brand of Tatonka)
I find it strange that a German company would adopt a uniquely Australian animal as branding for one of its product lines. My perspective is perhaps biased as an Australian.
The Break Room / Re: Hybrid cars- anyone have one?
« Last post by powernoodle on May 20, 2024, 10:33:57 PM »
Yeah, I would definitely take a Cybertruck - just as a very expensive and very fun toy.

It took me a long time to get on board (<<pun), with hybrids.  I was just not accepting that the tech would be durable, and I keep my vehicles 12 - 15 years.  Forgive me if I have mentioned this already (I'm too lazy to look  :dunno:), but I started watching carcarenut on Youtube, who was a certified Toyota mechanic.  He changed my mind about hybrids.  Hybrid brakes last almost forever; there is no starter, no belts (on my Sienna), no alternator, gas mileage doubles, etc.  Plus you can get all wheel drive with the rear wheels operated by an electric motor that does away with the weight and complexity of a mechanical connection to the engine.  Once I embraced reality, I was totally into hybrids and will never go back.  The way things are going, I may never have the opportunity to go back anyway.  All Siennas and Camrys (starting in 2025) will be hybrid only. 

Of course, hybrids will disappear when hydrogen vehicles fueled solely by municipal water hit the market.    :tu:
The Mod Squad / Re: My first victorinox spirit X mod
« Last post by pa_strunk on May 20, 2024, 10:28:19 PM »
If it were only that easy when I ask my wife where my sock are life would be so good.  :D
Edged Tools / Re: What Is Your Latest Knife?
« Last post by m47mu74nt on May 20, 2024, 10:26:35 PM »
Yeah, it is smaller IRL than it feels on pictures, the Cadet helps figuring it out.
That pouch is the smaller one of a kit of 3, from the brand Tasmanian Tiger (military brand of Tatonka)
Leatherman Tools / Re: Leatherman PST chronology project
« Last post by GreyFox on May 20, 2024, 10:18:30 PM »

Leatherman 4.jpg
* Leatherman 4.jpg (Filesize: 153.44 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%