Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

multi tool calendar????

Offline heavy handed

multi tool calendar????
on: April 04, 2010, 03:01:36 PM
i just been looking through, the shutter shop section,
and i have got to say we have got some real talented members here with a camera.

the pictures really bring the tools/ knives to life, from the macro ,the candid shots an also the tools in action.

now ,i know nothing about production, buisness etc but would it be possible to produce a MTO member calendar, that we could and buy?

we could do a vote our favourite pics (yay i love a poll) ,for 12 pics or if possible make a day calander with 365 pics.

heavy handed

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Re: multi tool calendar????
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 03:09:49 PM
We have thought about doing a multitool calendar in the past (jokingly I think) and it more revolved around good looking ladies holding a multitool.  :dd: Hmmmm that EMT woman who shops at my store is a candidate. Anyways, I think the likelihood of us getting a REGULAR multitool calendar is more doable than my other one, what you think Grant?

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 03:12:33 PM
I think it would be an excellent idea :) 

Now how do we go about getting it done? ???
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 03:13:55 PM
I think it would be an excellent idea :) 

Now how do we go about getting it done? ???
Have Chako send us one pic of every tool he's got?  We could do LM one year and SAK another...LOL!
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

Offline heavy handed

Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 03:20:25 PM
i would definetly be in for 2,
but i suppose we would have to see how many members would be interested first??? ;)

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 03:41:33 PM
My mom dose calenders and to print them is about $16

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 04:24:37 PM
Or you could make your own.

I just found this...

http://bighugelabs.com/calendar.php

That made this...

Mind you, you can only make 8.5x11 sized calendars, which is a bit anemic if you want to wall hang them.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Offline heavy handed

Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 05:29:41 PM
ooh very nice :tu:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 06:54:59 PM
That turned out great chako, a calender would be cool, im sure there was talk of a poster,  :think:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 01:02:27 PM
We've discussed calendars before, and there are two distinct drawbacks that keep coming up- one, we'd need to crank out a lot more than we need, and two, they'd be pricier than we could expect folks to pay for them.

I'll mention it to Travis again, but it never seemed to work out before.  Something may have changed somewhere along the line, but don't hold your breathe!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 01:20:08 PM
We have thought about doing a multitool calendar in the past (jokingly I think) and it more revolved around good looking ladies holding a multitool.  :dd: Hmmmm that EMT woman who shops at my store is a candidate. Anyways, I think the likelihood of us getting a REGULAR multitool calendar is more doable than my other one, what you think Grant?

and I have a couple models willing to pose, too...
9 more to go :)

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 03:39:29 PM
We've discussed calendars before, and there are two distinct drawbacks that keep coming up- one, we'd need to crank out a lot more than we need, and two, they'd be pricier than we could expect folks to pay for them.

I'll mention it to Travis again, but it never seemed to work out before.  Something may have changed somewhere along the line, but don't hold your breathe!

Def

How about you do it in print for charter members and make a PDF-only version for the rest of us, or go with the second option altogether? Printing and wire-binding could routinely be done by each of us in a bookstore or the like and it would save you that burdain... :-\

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 01:57:26 AM

Def

How about you do it in print for charter members and make a PDF-only version for the rest of us, or go with the second option altogether? Printing and wire-binding could routinely be done by each of us in a bookstore or the like and it would save you that burdain... :-\

I think Kinkos and other printing shops can do the binding for individuals.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%