Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

BNIB Vic Ranger missing tweezers o.O

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
BNIB Vic Ranger missing tweezers o.O
on: March 31, 2009, 07:37:28 AM
Just got my Victorinox Ranger in today, the box was completely sealed in plastic, and the tweezers were nowhere in sight  :o  :ahhh The blade stamp tells me it's pre 05, guess just a minor CC oversight.

Very nice little SAK packed with features to the brim  :cheers:

Offline skydan

Re: BNIB Vic Ranger missing tweezers o.O
Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 08:19:27 AM
My first Vic is the Ranger. And still my favourite. It's been backpacking around the world with me. All the tools came in handy at some point, even fixing a car in New Zealand, though the scissors and corkscrew probably had the most use. It's ten years old and the scales have a few chips but otherwise it's still as good as new. I was so impressed that I've become a Vic addict^H^H^H collector.

As you say, a great selection of tools yet still a handy size. I don't understand why they aren't more popular. (I believe the Huntsman has that honour.)

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 08:43:04 AM
I am a big fan of the Ranger too !  :cheers:

You might try emailing Vic's warranty dept. and telling them what happened. They may very well send you some free tweezers.
[

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 10:18:37 AM
I still need to pick up a Ranger one day, as they look a cracking edc :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 07:28:04 PM
Just got my Victorinox Ranger in today, the box was completely sealed in plastic, and the tweezers were nowhere in sight. 

If you send me your address I will send you a pair of tweezers, no charge, Tim.
T

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 10:02:47 PM
Just got my Victorinox Ranger in today, the box was completely sealed in plastic, and the tweezers were nowhere in sight. 

If you send me your address I will send you a pair of tweezers, no charge, Tim.

Thank you Tim  :tu: but I'll pass for now, maybe with my next order  :cheers:

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 03:12:09 AM
The Ranger is a terrific SAK,though at 5 layers,a bit much for my own personal tastes.One of the few 91mm SAKs that have a file,a regrettable fact IMO.
I

us Offline bren10man

Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 04:52:15 AM
I bought a Ranger a month ago...mine has the newer blade stamp.

I agree, the Ranger is nearly the ideal size and type/amount of tools.  However, I would gladly trade the corkscrew for a phillips screwdriver.

I have a Craftsman I bought in Alaska in 1996, very similar to the Ranger.  I have a letter from Victorinox that I received in 2006 when I asked them about it.  They stated that this is an early Craftsman that was only marketed in Europe or something.  This one has no pliers, no hook, but has phillps with can key and fish scaler.  No hook and hole in the awl mean 1987-1991 made.  Yes, the bottle opener opens half way.  The 1985 Vic catalog shows this model or the one closest to mine.  Just like the Deluxe Angler/Fisherman (scissors and pliers with corkscrew) and Swiss Flame, I have only seen one, and I own it.
MOLON LABE!

Offline Ben X

Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 05:15:34 AM
The Ranger is a terrific SAK,though at 5 layers,a bit much for my own personal tastes.One of the few 91mm SAKs that have a file,a regrettable fact IMO.
Precisely why we have Scibeer :D Seriously, my EDC is a Scibeer Mechanic with the File added.
"

us Offline bren10man

Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 02:59:23 PM

I have a Grand Prix I bought about 8 weeks ago, NIB.  The Korean Vic Store has at least 20 of them....discontinued years ago.  Think Fieldmaster with file replacing wood saw.
MOLON LABE!

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 08:15:02 PM

I have a Grand Prix I bought about 8 weeks ago, NIB.  The Korean Vic Store has at least 20 of them....discontinued years ago.  Think Fieldmaster with file replacing wood saw.
There's likely more than a few that are lusting for one of those.
I

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 11:56:02 PM
I'm still bebating whether to go with a Ranger or a Swisschamp , am more inclined to the Ranger .

Chris

us Offline bren10man

Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 05:47:20 AM

There's likely more than a few that are lusting for one of those.

Want one?  Send me an e-mail or contact felinevet, and in the next shipment of First Mates (which will be the final shipment of those, 7 are left at the store) I will include one for you. 
MOLON LABE!

Offline SoDak

Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 02:45:29 AM
I got three rangers when amazon had them on sale for $20 and a $10 when you spend $50 deal. I have to say that the ranger is a fantastic combination of tools in a small package. It hasn't quite made it into my edc(farm use is a bit much for a sak) I do like to have it handy. Like others though, I wish that it had a phillips screwdriver instead of a corkscrew and maybe some nylon scales. It is probably my favorite sak out of the ones I own.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 02:52:17 AM
I'm still bebating whether to go with a Ranger or a Swisschamp , am more inclined to the Ranger .
Chris

You should look at the Handyman/Craftsman.. I a little more than a Ranger but less than a Swisschamp..
B

Offline SoDak

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 09:44:39 AM
Chris

You should look at the Handyman/Craftsman.. I a little more than a Ranger but less than a Swisschamp..

Or you could look at the Champion, basically the Swiss Champ without the pliers.  It's the one big SAK that I keep meaning to pick up.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline bren10man

Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 01:55:35 PM
I carry the Champion.  Since 1986.  For me, it is the right size and right set of tools.  I can do without the pliers.  If I need pliers, I grab my SOG Power Plier.
MOLON LABE!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD