Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Spyderco Military/Para-Military

us Offline getpower

• More money, younger women, and older whiskey
Spyderco Military/Para-Military
on: April 12, 2009, 10:34:11 AM
Does anyone have any experience with either of these knives?

I have a Digicam Milli and have also purchased a black on black Millie but that has not come yet. I love the knife (the Digicam one) and definitely think that it is one of the best knives on the market today. I am also planning a black on black purchase soon, but need to wait a couple of months at least until I can scrounge some more funds togeather (I think everyone is probably hurting in the financial department these days :().

I was wondering if anyone has anything positive to say about either of these or if they have reviews on them?

00 Offline kwakster

• No Life Club
Re: Spyderco Military/Para-Military
Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 01:09:35 PM
Have four different versions of the Military and it is one of my favourite carry knives.

I've been working in knife related businesses for quite a while and during this time i've seen a multitude of knives passing by, and i consider the linerlock on the Spyderco Military to be the best constructed and executed one i've ever seen and worked with.
The knife itself is quite large, but light and nimble in the hand, and an awesome cutting machine.
When carrying it seems to disappear in your pocket or waistband because of it being so thin.
My oldest Military is a fully serrated version that is about 8 years old and it still locks up without any bladeplay, and i haven't been babying this one.

My latest is the Carbon Fiber Military with the S90V blade, and even while i've just started to use it lightly i can already say that this version takes it even a step higher.
The S90V steel stays sharp noticebly longer than S30V and the handle is stiffer than G10 which you can feel in use.
Currently i'm waiting on the release of the all titanium framelock Military which should really be something special.

I had only one Para-Military which i traded away after a few years of ownership because i never used it.
The compression lock is very good and i liked the overall look of the knife, but my hand thought otherwise.

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Re: Spyderco Military/Para-Military
Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 02:39:55 PM
The Millie is a classic . The ergos are great . I'm less keen on the Para , mine was short lived , it just didn't feel like a Millie .

Chris

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $149.46
PayPal Fees: $8.74
Net Balance: $140.72
Below Goal: $159.28
Site Currency: USD