Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Is this guy for real?

Offline Ben X

Is this guy for real?
on: April 18, 2009, 07:28:56 AM
"

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Is this guy for real?
Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 12:56:05 PM
Yes and no...

The XXLT is discontinued, and one of three models to include the infamous Victorinox lighter.  Before Wenger came out with their Giant knife, this was the biggest SAK you could buy, and it was also intended for collectors.  When Vic gave up on the lighters due to reliability issues, they also pulled the plug on the XXLT, eventually replacing it with the XAVT.  So, since it's a discontinued and fairly rare model, it does have some significant collector value.

As for it being "worth" $800, well as with any collectible, it's "worth" what someone will pay for it.  Some time ago, an XXLT went for about $800 on eBay, but I don't believe it was ever verified for that amount, meaning it was a common belief at the time that the bidding was artificially inflated with fake bids.  After that, quite a few people tried to sell their XXLT's to make a quick buck and the price settled around the $400 mark, and most of the ones I have seen since then have stayed in the $350-500 range since then, so no, I doubt this one will sell at that price, unless it's to someone who doesn't know any better, and you know what they say about a fool and their money.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Is this guy for real?
Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 08:05:04 PM
AND $50 SHIPPING!  :o
B

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30