Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swisstool without logo

Toze · 13 · 1662

Offline Toze

Swisstool without logo
on: April 22, 2009, 09:50:56 PM
Well, my trusty Swisstool went off to Victorinox for a repair, the service centre couldn't fix it so it went back to Switzerland. It wasn't worth them repairing it so the nice people at Victorinox sent me a replacement. The one I now have is one of the newer models, new plier head style, no hole in the awl, wire strippers on the chisel etc but the main difference is that it doesen't have the "Victorinox Swisstool" logo in red and white printed on the side. Is this a rareity or are any others like it?

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Swisstool without logo
Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 10:04:14 PM
I never knew the older Swisstools had a hole in the awl?
B

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 10:04:43 PM
I've never seen one like it, but thats not saying much.  Maybe its to differentiate a warranty repair one, from a new one.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 10:13:55 PM
Well, my trusty Swisstool went off to Victorinox for a repair, the service centre couldn't fix it so it went back to Switzerland. It wasn't worth them repairing it so the nice people at Victorinox sent me a replacement. The one I now have is one of the newer models, new plier head style, no hole in the awl, wire strippers on the chisel etc but the main difference is that it doesen't have the "Victorinox Swisstool" logo in red and white printed on the side. Is this a rareity or are any others like it?
Mine has the red logo :)

Hmm :think: DUNC!
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline Toze

Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 10:16:38 PM
Yeah, my old one had a hole in the awl like a SAK. I think they usually give out stock ones as repair replacements, I was offered one but decided to wait for mine to come back, got attatched to it, but alas, it wasn't to be, he was too sick to come home!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 10:18:33 PM
Yeah, my old one had a hole in the awl like a SAK. I think they usually give out stock ones as repair replacements, I was offered one but decided to wait for mine to come back, got attatched to it, but alas, it wasn't to be, he was too sick to come home!
So how are you liking the 05 headed one mate :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 10:23:42 PM
The only ones I've seen without Logos are Black oxide ones . Unless yours was taken from the production line before the logo was applied .
    I've just looked at my five Swisstools ranging from very early with no hard wire notch to a very recent 95 plier head model and NO hole in the awl . None of the many Swisstools I've owned previously had holes in the awls either  :think: I would very much like to see a photo of one with a hole in the awl .

Dunc

Offline Toze

Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 10:35:22 PM
I never took any photo's of it, only just recently got into the noble art of the collection of multitools! I had it from about 2000 or 2001, it definatly had a hole in the awl, It's the only multitool I owned until about 2 months ago so I distinctly remember it having a hole. It was also a lot more highly polished than my new one, and most of the tools were a tiny bit larger, the awl was thicker, so was the small screwdriver and the new one's blades seem to taper more towards the hinge, top to edge, making the tip wider than the back of the blade.
    The new one seems to click into place more solidly, with a very chunky click, very solid indeed.

Offline bingofuel

Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 06:02:07 AM
Did they replace your Swisstool (left) with a Swisstool RS (right)?

Don't know about the hole in the awl.  The only holes I've seen are in the plier springs, as seen in the left pic.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 06:04:36 AM by bingofuel »

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 06:03:17 AM
The RS still has the red logo on the reverse side!  :)
B

Offline bingofuel

Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 06:06:13 AM
The RS still has the red logo on the reverse side!  :)

:-\ Ah.  I traded my RS for a Spirit when it first came out, so I couldn't remember.

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 07:36:47 AM
Mine is 1998. No hole in the awl.

Offline Toze

Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 04:54:13 PM
They replaced my Swisstool, not an RS. I've also noticed that after a few openings and closings that the pliers are a bit loose and that when it's open it rattles if you shake it, one of the reasons I returned my original one for repair! The first one didn't work loose for many years!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%