Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Any One Like Guns?

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Re: Any One Like Guns?
Reply #30 on: May 07, 2009, 12:25:46 AM
Here is a good black powder forum these guys are the real deal. http://www.voy.com/60048/ The Ruger ROA black  powder pistols are very well made but sadly they stopped making them. You can buy them used but the are pricey. My Pietta 1858 Remingtion NMA is a nice pistol and a lot less money than the Ruger ROA. You can load them pretty fast after you get the hang of it. They sell a bench loader that helps and you can also make paper carts using cigerette papers or tea bags. http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=144094 This is a good book to read about black powder shooting. http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=121867&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=free&utm_campaign=9315
Mike
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #31 on: May 07, 2009, 12:56:29 AM
I don't like guns...

...and that's not even all of 'em.
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Online David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #32 on: May 07, 2009, 05:54:37 AM
I`ve been known to burn a little powder.   :D   Yes, I like guns.
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

gb Offline Craig

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: May 07, 2009, 08:29:36 PM
I like those black powder revolvers, Mike - especially the Remington :). Apart from airpistols, black powder are about the only type of handguns we are allowed in the UK.

Got any good links for those out of interest?

http://www.mlagb.com/

Sounds like fun :)
Prone to daydreaming.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #34 on: May 07, 2009, 08:39:05 PM
I like those black powder revolvers, Mike - especially the Remington :). Apart from airpistols, black powder are about the only type of handguns we are allowed in the UK.

Got any good links for those out of interest?

http://www.mlagb.com/

Sounds like fun :)

Yes it does.  :)
I'm back!!

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: May 07, 2009, 08:51:50 PM
Shooting BP is a lot of fun these days i shot BP more than i shoot my seposatory guns.
Mike
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #36 on: May 07, 2009, 10:55:07 PM
I have a great black powder gun story.

I didn't really know much about black powder guns. At a trip to Bass Pro Shops with a friend I bought a cheap 50 caliber black powder rifle. He said he knew about black powder guns so I trusted him. This was about 15 years ago. Anyway, so he gives me some gear that he has laying around. Some odds and ends, he also gives me a powder flask. The kind that measures how much powder you put in.

So anyway, we go shooting. I can see the ball I'm shooting flying through the air and I ask him about it. He says that's normal. So anyway, we had a lot of fun but I still thought it was odd how slow the ball flew.

That evening I'm talking to my uncle(who really does know about black powder guns). He tells me to bring the rifle over and he'll show me the proper way to clean it. So I bring my rifle and gear over to his house. He's looking at it and asks me if this is the powder horn I was using. I said yes and he busts out laughing. Moments before I had told him about how I was seeing the ball fly through the air.

After he calms down and wipes the tears from his eyes from laughing so hard, he explains to me that the flask I was using was for a 36 caliber PISTOL. It's no wonder I could see the bullet flying, it was probably only going a couple hundred feet per second. After I got a proper flask I couldn't see the ball and it kicked a bit more. 
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: May 08, 2009, 02:21:34 AM
I once had a balckpowder gun I bought at a yard sale and I shot it till the barrel rusted up(month after I bought it) then I traded it and a gold coin for a French Mas.
(

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: May 08, 2009, 02:41:52 AM
That's one thing about black powder you have to clean them in a timely manner. At first is seams weird to be cleaning a gun with soap and water.
Mike

Mike

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: May 08, 2009, 03:07:13 AM
That's one thing about black powder you have to clean them in a timely manner. At first is seams weird to be cleaning a gun with soap and water.
Mike
I failed to properly clean the one and only blackpowder I had, a six shot revolver.  It quickly rusted and the cylinder stopped rotating and would not even come out of the gun.....it became a wall ornament (until I got married-and other parts started rusting)

us Offline Pacu

Reply #40 on: May 17, 2009, 12:37:31 AM
Remember back in the early 90's you could buy Norinco .45s for about 200 bucks at a gun show? Sure they didn't have beavertails or trigger jobs but man they sure were straight shooters. They would load anything too....sometjing about the ramp i guess
:like:    :MTO:

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: May 17, 2009, 01:37:37 AM
They were closer to the original 1911 than the stuff colt was making at the time.
(

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #42 on: May 17, 2009, 02:39:24 AM
Colt back then was in a tailspin,and it's quality,to me anyway was nothing like the Colt of days past.
I

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #43 on: May 17, 2009, 02:42:15 AM
Is it true that there is a recall of all WS M&P .45 caliber?

Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: May 17, 2009, 02:43:18 AM

Can someone confirm this my cousin has one for CCW.
(

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #45 on: May 17, 2009, 02:51:50 AM

Can someone confirm this my cousin has one for CCW.
If you mean S&W,the only recall on thier site is for  some Walther PPK,and PPK/s pistols
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CustomContentDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&content=62303&sectionId=10506
I

us Online David

Reply #46 on: May 19, 2009, 08:15:35 AM
Here is a pic of my brothers 500 Linebaugh. Its a real cannon not for the weak or faint of heart.
IMG_0280.JPG
* IMG_0280.JPG (Filesize: 85.94 KB)
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: May 19, 2009, 08:22:48 PM
Here is a pic of my brothers 500 Linebaugh. Its a real cannon not for the weak or faint of heart.
My hand hurts just looking at it.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: May 20, 2009, 05:31:08 PM
I'm considering getting one more. My Makarov wants a playmate so I've been looking at one of these.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=129570908

Same caliber but in a more modern pistol. These commie guns are addicting.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

• No Life Club
Reply #49 on: May 20, 2009, 05:32:41 PM
I've been thinking of getting a nagant but ammo is so expensive.
(

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #50 on: May 20, 2009, 05:41:33 PM
My hand hurts just looking at it.

I'm no gun person but I have shot a few rounds from a .50AE Desert Eagle, would it be comparable?  I know it's different bullet.  Whatever, it was a monstrous thing to fire.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: May 20, 2009, 05:49:50 PM
I'm considering getting one more. My Makarov wants a playmate so I've been looking at one of these.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=129570908

Same caliber but in a more modern pistol. These commie guns are addicting.

Makorovs are very cool guns from time to time you can still find 7.62x25 drop in barrels for them. Surplus 7.62x25 is still very cheap.
Mike

Mike

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: May 20, 2009, 05:55:15 PM
It might compare if they were shot out of the same style gun but the Desert Eagle, due to its action and weight, dampens some of the recoil compared to the other pistol.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: May 20, 2009, 05:58:36 PM
Makorovs are very cool guns from time to time you can still find 7.62x25 drop in barrels for them. Surplus 7.62x25 is still very cheap.
I think you're mistaken. The Makarov shoots 9X18MM and you can find 380 barrels for it. A 7.62x25 round would blow up the gun. That round rivals the 357. But yeah, the 9x18MM is cheap and not to hard to find.

at Offline Woz

• No Life Club
Reply #54 on: May 20, 2009, 06:07:02 PM
I like Glocks. A G26 makes a great EDC pistol, 9x19 is a powerfull enough but quite inexpensive caliber too.
If not Glock, I like Swiss made Sphinx too. A Sphinx 3000 is a nice mentoy.

For fun, I like the Walther G22 - cheap munition and quite accurate.
edc-reviews.blogspot.com

• No Life Club
Reply #55 on: May 20, 2009, 06:18:08 PM
I used a glock 27, 19C w/GTL and, 17.
(

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #56 on: May 20, 2009, 06:33:38 PM
It might compare if they were shot out of the same style gun but the Desert Eagle, due to its action and weight, dampens some of the recoil compared to the other pistol.

Now that's a scary thought.   :ahhh
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #57 on: May 20, 2009, 07:06:15 PM
I've been thinking of getting a nagant but ammo is so expensive.

You can shoot 32 S&W Longs in the little Nagant. If you reload Lee sells a cheap set of dies to resize 32-20 brass to fit the Nagant. You can also use M1carbine dies. I reload using 31/2 grains Unquine and 90grain HBWC very cheap to load.
Mike

Mike

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #58 on: May 20, 2009, 11:31:41 PM
I think you're mistaken. The Makarov shoots 9X18MM and you can find 380 barrels for it. A 7.62x25 round would blow up the gun. That round rivals the 357. But yeah, the 9x18MM is cheap and not to hard to find.

Boy i got that wrong for some reason i thought they were converting them to 7.62x25  you are right it is 380.
Mike

Mike

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #59 on: May 20, 2009, 11:37:44 PM
Personally I'd rather have the 9x18MM than a 380. The 9X18 is slightly more powerful and if you buy Russian ammo it's a LOT cheaper. I LOVE "Comrade Makarov". It's not the most powerful pistol out there but with 8+1 rounds of 9x18MM HP in a gun that NEVER jams I feel that it is at least as good as a home defense handgun as a 6 shot 38 Special revolver. Plus I can shoot the Makarov a lot better too.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%