Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Real world usage? 3461

Global Tuffy Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 28,078 Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Re: Real world usage?
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2009, 03:16:36 PM »
Yeah, and bits and packets are carried across by volunteer ants. ::)

Mike wouldn't do that as he's be too concerned about Ant fatigue.  :D

I'm back!!
No Life Club Posts: 3,785 Why is it doing that?
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2009, 03:22:25 PM »
That's why he needs volunteer ants; they know what's in it for them. In turn, they are allowed to occasionally nibble on the bits they transfer (resulting in "bit or packet loss"... ::)).
Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club! Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here... Posts: 42,959 Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2009, 06:17:21 PM »
Yeah, and bits and packets are carried across by volunteer ants. ::)

Mike wouldn't do that as he's be too concerned about Ant fatigue.  :D
Hey, it a serious problem :twak:

Won't someone please think of the ants :'( :D

Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!
Global Tuffy Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 28,078 Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2009, 06:18:46 PM »
Hehehe!  :D

I'm back!!
Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 31,590 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2009, 04:54:51 PM »
I can't seem to find an output for the Infinity, my Google-fu must be weak today.  :-[  Anyone got a number?

Try not to be the person who blunders around and causes everyone else to get out the way.  Everyone else thinks you're a utter...
No Life Club Posts: 4,320 Avatar removed by request
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2009, 05:11:44 PM »
I can't seem to find an output for the Infinity, my Google-fu must be weak today.  :-[  Anyone got a number?
IIRC it's under 20 lumens and maybe closer to 12 lumens  :tu:
Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 31,590 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2009, 05:36:44 PM »
Thanks John.  :salute:  If that's the case I'll maybe stick to some of the other things I have.

Try not to be the person who blunders around and causes everyone else to get out the way.  Everyone else thinks you're a utter...
Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club! Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here... Posts: 42,959 Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2009, 08:01:46 PM »
Well I love my Infinity so much, I've sold the Fenix and bought a second one for work :)

No Life Club Posts: 2,164
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2009, 10:02:01 PM »
IIRC it's under 20 lumens and maybe closer to 12 lumens  :tu:

I thought it was 14, but thats by no means an assurance that it is :D :D

Definitely below 20

No Life Club Posts: 1,053 Where is all that water coming from?!
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2009, 10:07:14 AM »
Well I love my Infinity so much, I've sold the Fenix and bought a second one for work :)

That's a funny coincidence, I just bought one  :D I'm looking forward to it  :mail:
Multitool.org Main Site Manager Zombie Apprentice Posts: 15,287
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2009, 10:57:49 AM »
One big advantage of higher powered lights is seeing stuff in daylight.  Stop looking at me funny  >:(

If you need to see stuff in a dark hole when your vision is adapted for bright sunlight a few lumens just won't cut it.

I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2009, 06:10:10 PM »
One big advantage of higher powered lights is seeing stuff in daylight.  Stop looking at me funny  >:(

If you need to see stuff in a dark hole when your vision is adapted for bright sunlight a few lumens just won't cut it.
There is that i suppose :)

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2009, 06:10:31 PM »

That's a funny coincidence, I just bought one  :D I'm looking forward to it  :mail:
She's on her way mate :salute:

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2009, 07:11:55 PM »

Good point.  And as someone that edc's a flashlight all the time and uses them both day and night (I find I can see colours easier in gloomy areas during the day) that would be very important.

I'm back!!
Sr. Member Posts: 338
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2009, 08:07:25 PM »
I have two of those Gerber lights and they are just AWSOME (i have a white one and a red one)  I have been looking at the LD01 for a while though.

"
No Life Club Posts: 1,757
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2009, 08:12:35 PM »
I have two of those Gerber lights and they are just AWSOME (i have a white one and a red one)  I have been looking at the LD01 for a while though.
I think you will like the LD01.   A great small light.   Also fits the LM wave/charge/surge sheath side pockets very well.

Dennis
Sr. Member Posts: 338
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2009, 08:22:29 PM »
I have a Fenix EO1 in there ATM!

"
No Life Club Posts: 4,320 Avatar removed by request
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2009, 08:42:43 PM »
I EDC a LF3XT which may I add is the best of both worlds,it has a very very low 0.6 lumen perfect for night time with dark adapted eyes.

and 140 lumen high, more than bright enough to light dark places in daylight

but! best of all I can adjust the output anywhere in between :D
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2009, 10:32:34 PM »
I fellow man of taste and breeding then :tu:

No Life Club Posts: 2,886
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2009, 10:45:06 PM »
You guys are right about having a bright light in the daytime. It is really useful in dark holes and hidden spots. For me anyway another thing that have come to look for in a multi-level EDC light is user interface. I have come to dislike lights that you have to turn the bezel to get to the high and low levels or cycle through tons of low levels until you get the high level.

"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $111.66
PayPal Fees: $6.95
Net Balance: $104.71
Below Goal: $195.29
Site Currency: USD