Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Crap! Need a new mini-driver bit.

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Crap! Need a new mini-driver bit.
on: June 17, 2009, 09:45:31 PM
Yeah, so fiddling with my SURGE!! a couple min. ago I noticed that at some point in time my eyeglass bit for the mini driver decided get up and walk away of it's own accord. I can get a new one from LM, but they nly sell replacement bits in a $5 set with a few of the other bits. After shipping it's $7. A bit much for a 1oz mini driver bit when I don't need/want the other bits. Anyone know where I can grab a new bit from on the cheap, or have an extra one laying around they'd be willing to sell me for a realistic price?

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Re: Crap! Need a new mini-driver bit.
Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 09:52:20 PM
WooHoo!!!! Nevermind, salvaged a spare from my ALX. Crisis aborted!  :cheers:  Though the bit fits in there pretty loosely compared to how impossible it was to get it out of the charge... Think I'll swap the retaining springs around too.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 10:18:43 PM
Maybe the retaining spring on the Surge could be bent a little for a tighter fit.
[

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 10:26:29 PM
I actually did try that once a few months back. It got mangled when I snapped off the original bit using it to pry something (shut up). Trying to get the broken piece out I screwed up the spring. I thought I got it tight enough but I guess not. So I'm swapping in the ALX's spring as we speak.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%