Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Any Gamers here?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Any Gamers here?
on: April 21, 2007, 01:30:30 PM
I was just wondering what folks were playing?  There were a few games mentioned in another thread so I thought it might be interesting to see what everyone plays.

For me it's mostly older stuff.  I haven't gotten into any MMORPG's yet, but I am sure the day will come.  I stick mostly to RTS games like Starcraft, AOM and AOE, Galactic Battlegrounds and the like, but I also enjoy a few good rounds of Unreal Tournament 2004.  I also play Diablo II once in a while, but much like the others, it's no fun unless you are playing with someone else.

I did enjoy (for a brief time) a really cool space based RTS called Homeworld II in which you actually got to command forces in all three dimensions.  The interface took some getting used to but it opened up a whole realm of new possibilities.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Re: Any Gamers here?
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 06:19:16 PM
Well, on the computer I play SWAT 4 quite a bit.  I recently got over my addiction to World of Warcraft, and I haven't gotten into any other MMORPG's yet. 

A week ago though, I was lucky enough to find a new Nintendo Wii in stock.  Since I've picked it up, I've been playing that thing quite a bit.  It's seriously fun!
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 06:20:59 PM
There's one for sale on Knifeforums right now.I haven't had a console game since the original Nintendo!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 06:23:51 PM
The Wii is very very very fun.  Although sometimes I feel like an idiot standing in my living room waving my arms around like a lunatic :)
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline Thargor

Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 09:35:40 PM
Yeah the Wii is great but my God they need to start releasing games for it soon or they're going to piss away all that great publicity they've generated, theres nothing to play, Zelda and Wii Sports and thats it really, if I could speak Japanese Id have hundreds of titles to choose from, Japan is Nintendos home turf but if they neglect the North America and Europe like they did with the Gamecube they'll regret it.

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 03:22:43 AM
Warioware Smooth Moves is also an insanely addictive game.  Most of the kids titles are good too (Cars, Happy Feet, etc).  Nintendo has always been marketed towards younger players, so the game selection for adults is somewhat limited.

Super Paper Mario is one of the greatest Mario games ever.  Wii Play is pretty good, and Mario Party 8 comes out next month :)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 03:29:40 AM

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 05:04:45 AM
  I stick mostly to RTS games like Starcraft, AOM and AOE, Galactic Battlegrounds and the like,

You would like Command And Conquer:Generals and the expansion Zero Hour.  Seriously fun game...The super weapons are real tide turners...The Chinese get a nuclear missile, the Americans get a laser beam, and the terrorists get a barrage of 8 missiles with anthrax warheads.  Tons of diffrent units also.
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 05:18:17 AM
I played Command and Conquer a number of times but I never really got "into" it.  I dunno why really, probably just never played it enough.  I did enjoy it when I did play it.  Some nice weapons in there, but I always thought that a Starcraft type Terran Ghost with a laser painter for a nuclear missile system would have been a great addition.

Def

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 08:02:33 AM
I'm like you Def the only games I play on the computer are RTS. The ones I play are AOE, Empire Earth, Rise of Nations, and Galactic Battlegrounds.  Rise of Nations is really fun.  I play some sports games with my stepsons on the PS 2.  I Like racing games on the PS 2.  I have some old F1 games but the best I found is TOCA Race Car Driver 3.
"

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 09:31:43 AM
Rise of Nations is a killer game.  So is Galactic Battlegrounds.... any time I can run the Trade Federation is a good time :)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 02:15:49 PM
I didn't think anyone else still played Galactic Battlegrounds!

Trade Feds are one of my favorites.  There's nothing like overrunning the other guy with several platoons of heavy Destroyer droids.  With the shields and numbers they are almost impossible to resist because there are too many to hit.  Take a couple repair droids with you and rotate any Destroyers taking damage and you may overrun the enemy without losing a single offensive unit.

I've really been taking a shine to the Rebels lately since they seem to have the edge in air superiority though.

Def

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 01:53:08 AM
Hehe... Destroyer Droids are fun :)

I also like just making a crap load of the generic droids and rushing the enemy.  I've always liked ground assaults better in RTS games.  When we used to play Starcraft multiplayer, I'd build a huge ground force to protect my buddy while he built up his air force.  It was fun like that :)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 02:13:33 AM
That's funny... I like to watch as ground forces wash up against my defenses and disappear quickly! :P

I don't send out offensive forces until my base is dug in and virtually impenetrable...

Def

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 04:16:18 AM

I don't send out offensive forces until my base is dug in and virtually impenetrable...

Def

Same here, the game may last longer, but it's more fun.  Especially when you create little 'assault teams' of a few units to take out a specific enemy building or supply line.
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD