Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Order complete...

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Order complete...
on: July 17, 2009, 06:55:07 PM
...the Juice has arrived.  I might be switching with my roommate though.  The screwdrivers on this one are really, really hard to get out.  The blade didn't cut me but the screwdriver drew blood.  Don't worry I cleaned it.  LOL.  Review shortly.  Thanks for all the great info and encouragement.
Gray
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Re: Order complete...
Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 06:58:45 PM
congrats :cheers:
A

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 07:13:42 PM
...the Juice has arrived.  I might be switching with my roommate though.  The screwdrivers on this one are really, really hard to get out.  The blade didn't cut me but the screwdriver drew blood.  Don't worry I cleaned it.  LOL.  Review shortly.  Thanks for all the great info and encouragement.
Gray

My Juices have cut me in the past as well - trying to get those flatheads out.

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 07:16:54 PM
Gray

Yep, that's it.  :)
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 07:54:52 PM
Gray

WD40...  ;) :D Congrats anyway...  :cheers:

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 08:01:33 PM
Gray

Actually, I ran out of WD-40 so I used 3 in 1.  It's working, they aren't nearly as tight as they were an hour and half ago.  :)

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 08:11:06 PM
Actually, I ran out of WD-40 so I used 3 in 1.  It's working, they aren't nearly as tight as they were an hour and half ago.  :)
There you go... :D (WD40 actually makes a pretty good deodorant as well...) ;)

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 08:24:30 PM

Ewww!!

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 08:27:59 PM
Ewww!!
:D :D

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 08:41:55 PM
Gray

I'd recomend 3-1 over WD-40 anyway.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 08:50:29 PM

I had the same problem when I got my CS4, and WD40 fixed it instantly...  :)
Why is 3-1 oil better.? I haven't tried it..

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 09:01:51 PM

I had the same problem when I got my CS4, and WD40 fixed it instantly...  :)
Why is 3-1 oil better.? I haven't tried it..

3 in 1 oil is a lubricant.  WD-40 is not.  It is a Water Displacement solution.  Water Displacement = WD.  While it has some oiliness to it, it evaporates really fast.  If ya want a lubricant, go for a lubricant.  I use mineral oil, personally, as anything I use with a knife in it eventually comes in contact with food stuff.
As for those inside drivers, yeah, I have a Juice XE6, and the inside drivers were impossible to get out.  One of the springs broke, so I don't carry it around anymore.  Hmm.  I wonder if the ultra tightness of the drivers means there's WAY too much tension in those springs?  It WAS one of the flathead driver springs that broke.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 09:07:34 PM
3 in 1 oil is a lubricant.  WD-40 is not.  It is a Water Displacement solution.  Water Displacement = WD.  While it has some oiliness to it, it evaporates really fast.  If ya want a lubricant, go for a lubricant.  I use mineral oil, personally, as anything I use with a knife in it eventually comes in contact with food stuff.
As for those inside drivers, yeah, I have a Juice XE6, and the inside drivers were impossible to get out.  One of the springs broke, so I don't carry it around anymore.  Hmm.  I wonder if the ultra tightness of the drivers means there's WAY too much tension in those springs?  It WAS one of the flathead driver springs that broke.
Thanks...  :tu:

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 10:43:58 PM

Your welcome, AHB!!  Like I said, WD-40 is a little oily, so it will lube joints to a degree, but it's not really that good.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 10:46:02 PM
Your welcome, AHB!!  Like I said, WD-40 is a little oily, so it will lube joints to a degree, but it's not really that good.
I'm gonna get me some mineral oil one of the next days... ;)

gb Offline Craig

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 11:01:54 PM
Ewww!!
Better than using petrol I suppose :)
Prone to daydreaming.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 11:02:44 PM
Ewww!!
Uhmm... Petrol.. :drool: :D

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 11:34:48 PM
Ewww!!
Uhmm... Petrol.. :drool: :D

After I read somewhere, I think bladeforum, that mineral oil made a good lubricant, I used baby oil once.  If you can get over the smell then it is actually very good.  i don't know taht I would use baby oil if you were going to use your blade for food prep, but regular mineral oil would be good.  It was all I had at the time.
Gray

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%