Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What Did You Use Your Multitool For Today?

Blackbeard · 5824 · 431915

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Re: What Did You Use Your Multitool For Today?
Reply #5760 on: May 28, 2023, 04:50:52 PM
I’ll post it here as well if you gents don’t mind

Busy day for my Spirit X Plus

First I used it to unpack a box of herbal tea (no photo taken), then I cut some dill with the main blade
(Image removed from quote.)

After that I discovered that a bathroom ceiling light that I only replaced a few months ago went almost completely dead

Used a ratchet to unscrew the chassis of the light from the ceiling and Spirit’s small flathead to disconnect the wiring

Will hopefully have that light replaced under warranty tomorrow
One thing that crossed my mind recently is that most of the things we buy these days are disposable. Either due to an attempt to cheapen the production or for any other reason almost nothing is built to last nowadays. Unlike SAKs and Swiss Tools. That’s what I think of every time I use those pieces of engineering awesomeness
Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #5761 on: May 28, 2023, 09:34:12 PM
I’ll post it here as well if you gents don’t mind

Busy day for my Spirit X Plus

First I used it to unpack a box of herbal tea (no photo taken), then I cut some dill with the main blade

After that I discovered that a bathroom ceiling light that I only replaced a few months ago went almost completely dead

Used a ratchet to unscrew the chassis of the light from the ceiling and Spirit’s small flathead to disconnect the wiring

Will hopefully have that light replaced under warranty tomorrow
Warranty replacement and a new light installation complete

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Reply #5762 on: May 29, 2023, 06:16:18 AM
One thing that crossed my mind recently is that most of the things we buy these days are disposable. Either due to an attempt to cheapen the production or for any other reason almost nothing is built to last nowadays.
:iagree: That's why I hate electronics and modern small appliances; when they break, it's cheaper to buy a new one than repair what you have. And it boggles my mind how Victorinox can continue to offer a product of such high quality at such a low price, even with inflation being what it is. Better yet, it's been my experience that they stand behind their products. They really are a notable holdout in the trend toward cheap, disposable crap.
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

us Online David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #5763 on: May 29, 2023, 09:10:24 PM
Carrying the Curl today, only thing I've used it for was to get rid of a steel protrusion off a shelf. Was straightening up gallon oil and caught it on a bottle resulting in a mess. File on the Curl handled the offending steel assailant quickly

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

00 Offline Grand_Banana

• No Life Club
Reply #5764 on: June 04, 2023, 10:32:31 PM
Changed out wife’s cycling shoe cleats from old shoes to new.  Used the awl on the Electrician to clean out caked on dirt and 4mm bit on the Wave. 

IMG_2768.jpg
* IMG_2768.jpg (Filesize: 154.25 KB)

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
What Did You Use Your Multitool For Today?
Reply #5765 on: June 14, 2023, 10:18:09 PM
Used spirit quite a few times yesterday.

We have an osmos water filtering system at home, but here we have to go and pay for getting filtered water. It’s rather cheap - less than a dollar for 38 liters (two large 19L canisters)

But carrying them using special handles is way more convenient, so I ordered a coole of those.

Used package opener to unpack them

Turns out despite those were made in Turkey - they are still of not the best quality

so I used file and an awl to trim the excess plastic on the handles that otherwise made carrying literally painful

Considering the fact that we are now in the middle of the largest ecological disaster since Chornobyl because of the mfking russian c0cksuck3rs I strongly believe those may well come in handy - people from all over the country are helping out there in the south right now and there already are cases of cholera sadly

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #5766 on: June 14, 2023, 10:32:23 PM

I drilled holes with an Explorer Plus in a soap container for air circulation.  Manly!

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #5767 on: June 14, 2023, 10:33:38 PM
I drilled holes with Explorer Plus in a soap container for air circulation.  Manly!

Really nice thing to do helps quite a lot for the soap to get dry quicker

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #5768 on: June 14, 2023, 10:59:10 PM
Really nice thing to do helps quite a lot for the soap to get dry quicker

I was just following your motto:  Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.   :cheers:

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #5769 on: June 14, 2023, 11:48:51 PM

00 Offline Grand_Banana

• No Life Club
Reply #5770 on: July 19, 2023, 06:46:52 AM
Baby gate install. This is something I typically use my Wave+ kit to do.  I was asked to set it up quickly after coming in from doing some property maintenance and had my Marlboro PST and Outdoorsman on me. Gave that a shot and did OK.

Primarily used the PST awl for pilot holes, Outdoorsman Philips, and the Alox Minichamp helped score some plastic used for hole alignment.

IMG_2973.jpg
* IMG_2973.jpg (Filesize: 90.85 KB)

Also got to use the PST ruler (bit it tricky to see the pic).

IMG_2974.jpg
* IMG_2974.jpg (Filesize: 49.1 KB)

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #5771 on: July 22, 2023, 11:58:32 PM
Mom visited us today and her glasses broke. Tried to fix them using a SpiritX, but sadly not everything can be repaired

fi Offline Pilotsupergrip

Reply #5772 on: July 23, 2023, 10:48:35 AM
Used my day old new Curl several times yesterday at the cabin. Cut down three maples with a chainsaw and trimmed the branches with an axe and the Curl's diamond file worked great for touching up the axe edge back to shaving sharp. Used also the pliers to pull a hot grill out of the electric fish smoker. Used the knife to cut some vegetables. Also used the scissors as I sewed the most minimal of the LM bit holder "envelopes" out a old car medikit fabric to carry in the jeans fifth pocket. Had so much to done so I forgot to take any pics but yeah, the Curl was a great companion yesterday!

Lähetetty minun SM-A426B laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Curl, Surge, OHT, Crunch, Micra, Squirt PS4, Style CS, Huntsman, Spartan, Classic SD, Armbar Slim Cut

us Offline GA1dad

• No Life Club
Reply #5773 on: July 23, 2023, 06:06:37 PM
I fully acknowledge that I could have used the little plastic fuse puller that GM provided me,,,, but where's the fun in that? :whistle:

* 20230723_115318 (506 x 650).jpg (Filesize: 88.05 KB)
Jason - N4RBZ- A Harley can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no Harley____O~`o__

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #5774 on: July 25, 2023, 01:32:47 AM

Reply #5775 on: July 25, 2023, 06:26:54 PM
I was just taking a trip to our grocerie shop and our 4 year old godson was suddely there with his new bike and her mom. So they walked with me to our house and the boy was driving with the new bike all exited. I noticed that the front brake lever was pointing straight down and the bell was unusable from the position it was at. Not a single thing on the left side of the handlebar was going to be used by those short fingers. So I pulled out the Curl and bit set from my shorts and adjusted the lever and the bell so that he could use them. Made sure that the bolts were tight. Happy I had the Curl and bits with me so I could improve the safety of his riding

Curl, Surge, OHT, Crunch, Micra, Squirt PS4, Style CS, Huntsman, Spartan, Classic SD, Armbar Slim Cut

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #5776 on: July 25, 2023, 07:22:14 PM
Nice usage PSG!   :tu:

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #5777 on: July 26, 2023, 09:51:50 AM
I was just taking a trip to our grocerie shop and our 4 year old godson was suddely there with his new bike and her mom. So they walked with me to our house and the boy was driving with the new bike all exited. I noticed that the front brake lever was pointing straight down and the bell was unusable from the position it was at. Not a single thing on the left side of the handlebar was going to be used by those short fingers. So I pulled out the Curl and bit set from my shorts and adjusted the lever and the bell so that he could use them. Made sure that the bolts were tight. Happy I had the Curl and bits with me so I could improve the safety of his riding

For me that's exactly why you should carry a MT! Nice work

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #5778 on: July 28, 2023, 08:48:52 PM
I'm on vacation and flew on a plane so no mt's for me for two weeks. Mrs TJ got a chocolate milk and I used the sharp part of my Nightize Doohickey to take the wrapper off for recycling purposes.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline damiross

Reply #5779 on: August 01, 2023, 05:22:42 AM
Fixed a bathroom towel holder.  The little screw on top was lose so I tightened it with my Leatherman Wingman.  Used the small screwdriver.

us Offline campussecurity

• No Life Club
Reply #5780 on: August 02, 2023, 04:57:10 AM
Posted in Carry thread I overcarried today. I shot myself in the foot with that one. Ended up using LM Curl and Climber on desk disassembly and reassembly. x4 My Back hurts.

us Offline Adam5

Reply #5781 on: August 03, 2023, 05:49:45 PM
Installed a Tesla charger with my modified ST 300M, Leatherman ratchet, bit kit, and OC Farmer (not pictured):

us Offline Adam5

Reply #5782 on: August 13, 2023, 01:13:37 AM
I used my Free P4 to assemble a pedestal fan:

no Offline nakken

• No Life Club
Reply #5783 on: August 13, 2023, 09:51:00 PM
The SOG PowerPint came in handy for readjusting the Docter sight on my Artemis CP2 :tu:

20230813_205120.jpg
* 20230813_205120.jpg (Filesize: 93.76 KB)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 10:03:56 PM by nakken »

us Offline Farmer X

Reply #5784 on: August 14, 2023, 05:54:07 AM
 :like:
USN 2000-2006

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #5785 on: August 18, 2023, 09:31:50 PM
The special Spirit was used today to, in order of importance, open a beer and dispose of a hot aluminium foil BBQ container after the pork filet was done  :drink:

* 718202319266.jpg (Filesize: 329.6 KB)
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

Reply #5786 on: August 29, 2023, 07:54:11 AM
Yesterday took the air conditioner out as the weather is not that hot anymore. I had a plywood with a hole for the air duct replacing the outer window. There was some storm in the summer that made the plywood rattle and I feared it might fall to the street so I had jammed the plywood in place with two wooden posts that I nailed to the window frame. Had to take out the plywood with posts first. Used the Curl as a hammer to knock of the posts. Pliers to remove the nails. And used the Squirt to tighten few screws in a tight spot.

us Offline Farmer X

Reply #5787 on: August 30, 2023, 06:06:44 AM
Must be nice to shut the air-conditioner off in September...but don't y'awl get some rather long winters?
USN 2000-2006

Reply #5788 on: August 30, 2023, 08:56:24 AM
Must be nice to shut the air-conditioner off in September...but don't y'awl get some rather long winters?
We have a mobile air conditioner unit that we use during the warmer months primarily from may to september.

We do have long winters. Sun rises late and it gets dark early. In the most northern parts of Finland the sun does not rise at all in the middle of winter. Now it's getting a bit darker here in the south and the day seems to be shortening at a pace of 5-6 minutes a day. Good time to start carrying a flashlight again. :)

I just remembered that I took photos yesterday that works for this thread. Used the Squirt flathead to open up the scissors after the dishwasher and put some paraffin oil to the pivot area. Some rust had developed but got it off just by wiping with the oil. Also used the file as a scraper to remove some stuck dirt as I've ground the tip into a chisel. The tip was a bit rough from factory so it was an easy "mod". Had a photo of that too but nobody wants to see some stuck food being scraped off :D

us Offline Farmer X

Reply #5789 on: August 31, 2023, 04:44:22 AM
In the most northern parts of Finland the sun does not rise at all in the middle of winter.
The northern parts of Alaska and Canada are the same way.

What Squirt do you have? They're great little tools! :tu:
USN 2000-2006

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%