Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Newbie saying hi

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Newbie saying hi
Reply #30 on: July 16, 2009, 10:00:49 PM
:P

Mine still see plenty of use as luckily I have no mates and therefore stay in the house all the time.  :D
You truly are blessed :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline thesuper

Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 11:05:31 PM
unfortunatly I do like my folders, I have a Spydy Delica and a Spydy Bug and a Buck Hunter, all stay firmly "indoors", opning the odd envelope/parcels etc,but much adored and pawed over non the less! A bit like owning a Ferrari and only revving it up in the garage!! Oh how I wished I lived in the USA (sometimes!)
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: July 17, 2009, 12:50:40 AM
unfortunatly I do like my folders, I have a Spydy Delica and a Spydy Bug and a Buck Hunter, all stay firmly "indoors", opning the odd envelope/parcels etc,but much adored and pawed over non the less! A bit like owning a Ferrari and only revving it up in the garage!! Oh how I wished I lived in the USA (sometimes!)

Yeah, its annoying isn't it.  I've got a few folders and would love to use them properly but havn't got the chance.  On the plus side it keeps them in pristine condition, but I do like tools with signs of use; gives them more character.

england Offline thesuper

Reply #33 on: July 17, 2009, 01:36:42 AM
Yeah, some of  mine have a few nicks and knocks, character building stuff. I managed to damage the small s/driver on my original LM Supertool, never forgave myself for that! But most are perfect.

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #34 on: July 17, 2009, 02:04:56 AM
Helllloooooooooooooo.
Got those frog legs.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: July 17, 2009, 03:42:53 AM
Tube station manager in London eh? :) Well now that must be exciting! Mate, was it scary during the blitz? How often did folks stay down there? Was it every night? Did they ever have to stay the whole night? Oooh, that must have been a fright! How many sleeping people can fit in a tube station? ??? How did you know when it was safe to go back topside? And how did they run the trains with people sleeping down there? Could you feel the ground shaking when the bombs hit?

Oh.....wait a sec......how old are you? :(
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #36 on: July 17, 2009, 08:15:02 AM
Bad Bob :D :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #38 on: July 17, 2009, 09:35:22 AM
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Screwtape

• I am the Toast King!!
Reply #39 on: July 17, 2009, 10:11:12 AM
Hi Hi Hi :tu:

Which underground line do you work on? I've a good friend who works the Jubiliee and those pink and yellow lines that join up
can't remember the names  thou :-\
"Hello! I am the Toast King and I rule over the Moon!"

england Offline thesuper

Reply #40 on: July 17, 2009, 02:33:00 PM
Oh very funny J-sews!! That pic isnt actualy from the war, it's some of my passengers who have been waiting so long for a train they've laid down and gone to sleep!!!!! I work on the brown line (!) the Bakerloo to you. The pink and yellow lines are the Hammersmith & City,and Circle lines. Don't ask me if I know your mate, leave that to our American cousins like J-sews "your British?, I have a friend named Bill in Birmingham, do you know him?"!!!!!!!!!

gb Offline Screwtape

• I am the Toast King!!
Reply #41 on: July 17, 2009, 03:40:50 PM
Well I might have asked if it was the same lines but I undertand your pain I'm originally from the isle of wight so I'm forever getting the same sort of thing.  Strange thing is quite often I do actually know their mate  :ahhh

Come to think of it according to Thomas the Tank engine there are only about 3 people that run all the trains are you sure you won't know him  :pok:

"Hello! I am the Toast King and I rule over the Moon!"

england Offline thesuper

Reply #42 on: July 17, 2009, 10:05:30 PM
Come to think of it according to Thomas the Tank engine there are only about 3 people that run all the trains are you sure you won't know him  :pok:

Well you never I suppose! Whats his name/grade/area of work? Trains or stations?

Question for J-sews....Hiya mate, are there places in the States where tourists/visitors can go to fire guns? Obviously you have firing ranges, but can a tourist turn up, pay a fee and blast off some shots? Your mate Bill in Birmingham says "Hi" by the way!! :D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 10:23:34 PM by thesuper »

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #43 on: July 18, 2009, 12:21:51 AM
Come to think of it according to Thomas the Tank engine there are only about 3 people that run all the trains are you sure you won't know him  :pok:

Well you never I suppose! Whats his name/grade/area of work? Trains or stations?

Question for J-sews....Hiya mate, are there places in the States where tourists/visitors can go to fire guns? Obviously you have firing ranges, but can a tourist turn up, pay a fee and blast off some shots? Your mate Bill in Birmingham says "Hi" by the way!! :D

Sure there are thesuper. :) Just go straight downtown in any of our major cities. See the guy with the long trench coat and dark sunglasses. He only accepts cash, but he generally has several guns to choose from right there on the spot. (prices are a bit steep though) :-\ After that you can pretty much start firing off shots in any direction. You'll soon be joined by other folks who apparently enjoy shooting as much as you do. :angel:

Enjoy! :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #44 on: July 18, 2009, 05:06:00 AM
Welcome to the forum Rob :tu:

england Offline thesuper

Reply #45 on: July 18, 2009, 09:33:16 AM

Sure there are thesuper. :) Just go straight downtown in any of our major cities. See the guy with the long trench coat and dark sunglasses. He only accepts cash, but he generally has several guns to choose from right there on the spot. (prices are a bit steep though) :-\ After that you can pretty much start firing off shots in any direction. You'll soon be joined by other folks who apparently enjoy shooting as much as you do. :angel:

[/
quote]

england Offline thesuper

Reply #46 on: July 18, 2009, 06:16:40 PM

Think I'll give that a miss then, it reminds me of downtown London. It's been many years since I shot a wooden target in anger, I'de probably shoot myself in the foot!. Please take my joke in the spirit it was meant, I apologise if I offended you in any way, just my Scouse (Liverpool) sense of humour! I came here to make friends and chat, hope that includes you buddy. Rob

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #47 on: July 18, 2009, 06:34:30 PM

Think I'll give that a miss then, it reminds me of downtown London. It's been many years since I shot a wooden target in anger, I'de probably shoot myself in the foot!. Please take my joke in the spirit it was meant, I apologise if I offended you in any way, just my Scouse (Liverpool) sense of humour! I came here to make friends and chat, hope that includes you buddy. Rob

Hah! You're dealing with Bob the Unoffendable here! :D Please excuse my lame attempt to upstage your humor with a dash of my own. :P :D

Actually US cities aren't that bad (some are, some aren't) Generally you're safe as long as you avoid wearing gang colors on the wrong turf. :ahhh :D

england Offline thesuper

Reply #48 on: July 18, 2009, 08:06:08 PM
Thanks for your reply J-sews, I feel better now! No offence taken and non intended  my friend. I'm happy to share a joke with you anytime! I find cities are cities, only the accents are different, what happens in them tends to be the same. But you will always find decent folks in them, just like the ones in these forums! Rob

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #49 on: July 19, 2009, 03:38:19 PM
Thanks for your reply J-sews, I feel better now! No offence taken and non intended  my friend. I'm happy to share a joke with you anytime! I find cities are cities, only the accents are different, what happens in them tends to be the same. But you will always find decent folks in them, just like the ones in these forums! Rob

Indeed you are correct sir! :salute: And welcome again. :)

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #50 on: August 01, 2009, 02:19:15 PM
nice to have you around Rob :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99