Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Benchmade 915 Triage- Knife Of The Year?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Benchmade 915 Triage- Knife Of The Year?
on: May 09, 2011, 07:18:35 PM
From Benchmade:

915 Triage™ Nominated for Knife of the Year

Benchmade included among the top three in Shooting Industry Academy of Excellence Award

May 9th, 2011, OREGON CITY, Ore. - The Shooting Industry Academy of Excellence has selected the 915 Triage™ as a finalist in the Knife of the Year Category. The 915 Triage™ is a new product for 2011 from Benchmade.   

915The new Benchmade 915 Triage™ is the perfect utility tool, featuring a folding knife, a safety hook and a glass breaker for additional safety. The AXIS® locking mechanism and modified sheepsfoot blade style is a great cutting tool for numerous applications. Built with N680 highly corrosion and water resistant steel and ambidextrous thumb-stud openers, the 915 Triage™ is an easy-to-use tool. The textured G10 handle is available in orange or black and provides excellent grip and feel. Whether you're using this knife in the outdoors or in an emergency situation, the 915 Triage™ is the dynamic tool to rely on. This USA-made product is designed and built for the individual who appreciates the difference that a high-quality cutting tool can make.

"We are thrilled to be selected as one of the top three knives in our industry," said Rob Morrison, Benchmade's Director of Marketing.

The 20th Anniversary Shooting Industry Academy of Excellence Awards will be announced Friday evening July 22, at the Holiday Inn University Plaza in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

If you were here for our SHOT 2011 coverage you know this is the knife that interested me most at Benchmade.  Here's my look at it:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,25470.msg458903.html#msg458903

Benchmade sure has my support for Knife Of The Year!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Re: Benchmade 915 Triage- Knife Of The Year?
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 07:21:37 PM
Wow, that looks like a winner!   :tu:
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 07:37:15 PM
It is really nice in person too.  I liked this one a lot and was tempted to try and steal it from Benchmade's booth!  They were watching them pretty closely though, so I doubt I was the first one to consider it!  :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline asupernothing

• The best way to predict the future is to create it
Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 02:32:31 AM
I held out till the orange plain edge ones came out, but I just got mine in last week. It really is a great knife. Its my main work knife now. Everyone who handles it likes the thing and wants to get one. Definite winner on the 915.
(insert witty quote)

us Offline ari6126

• No Life Club
  • Colors!
Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 02:43:01 AM
Is it just me or does the Dual Pro seem like a much better deal? I realize the materials aren't as good, but a full serrated blade is a lot better than a gut hook.

us Offline asupernothing

• The best way to predict the future is to create it
Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 06:49:10 AM
Eh, I personally prefer the hook. Especially since its a separate tool and not just a notch cut into the blade.
Plus I don't like the way most makers cut the serrations.
(insert witty quote)

at Offline Woz

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 09:30:36 AM
Nice knife! I really like Benchmade (but still prefer Spyderco), but I do not really think the 915 is a winner. It sure is a great EDC knife with extra value. But as a rescue knife it lacks function imho. There are more than enough glass-breaker and belt cutter combos out there. Benchmade already has great rescue tools out there, think of the hooks or the Houdinis. A Griptilian plus a small Houdini are cheaper, but have more functions (the LED light). A Vic rescue tool is MUCH cheaper, and has a lot of more tools. Spydercos Assist costs 130 MSRP (915: 165 MSRP). ... ... ... I just can not see what makes the 915 a "knife of the year" - it IS a great new rescue knife. But, just another rescue knife.
edc-reviews.blogspot.com

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD