Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Happy Dancin'

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Happy Dancin'
on: September 03, 2006, 04:38:42 AM
Got me a sweet little Juice KF4 on the way.  I was pretty excited about it, and now I realize that it's actually discontinued.  This is music to the ears of a silly collector like me. 
Plus, it is bigger and better equipped than the Juice models I already have, so I am pretty excited.
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Happy Dancin'
Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 04:42:34 AM
Well, I am dancin even happier now since I just noticed that it has the diamond file, which I think is perhaps the greatest feature Leatherman ever came up with.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Kapt Kopter

Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 05:26:50 AM
Def I have both the Grey and the Solar colour....you own't lose that one in the bush...........I always liked the K4,but I must be another exception to the rule as it is the first Juice to be discontinued..........my local dealer told me he couldn't give his away while the S2 AND CS4 flew off the shelf.....he sells some C2 and even less XE6 but those two still sell better than the KF4.......go figure ???

Kap

My two favs are the CS4 and the Pro(retired also)......as its been stated before the Pro was a special model for Costco at one time.
I

Offline colubrid

Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 05:58:16 AM
I have the KF4 and  S2. The KF4 is the one I always reach for. It amazes me LM is discontinuing this one.

I have a feeling you are realy going to like this LM.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 12:30:59 PM
I believe the one I am getting is in yellow.  It should clash nicely with my S2 in orange!

I like the diamond metal file, but I also see that there really isn't a great tool selection on it other than that.  I am looking foreward to trying out that saw, but it still seems to be missing the scissors and the can/bottle opener that I like on the C2 and S2.  I think I am going to really like it, but once again the "perfect" multi is passing me by...

Def

us Offline Fred

• I'm the one they call Dr FeelGood
Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 10:34:22 PM
Well if you ever need to get rid of it let me know!
Yabba dabba doo!

us Offline inkster

• Administrator
  • Administrator
Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 05:05:29 AM
Def I have both the Grey and the Solar colour....you own't lose that one in the bush...........I always liked the K4,but I must be another exception to the rule as it is the first Juice to be discontinued..........my local dealer told me he couldn't give his away while the S2 AND CS4 flew off the shelf.....he sells some C2 and even less XE6 but those two still sell better than the KF4.......go figure ???

Kap

My two favs are the CS4 and the Pro(retired also)......as its been stated before the Pro was a special model for Costco at one time.

kapt  You haven't seen his bushes  :o LOL

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 04:30:29 AM
Has anyone heard if the Kf4 was discontinued due to slow sales? Or is Leatherman soon to be axing the remaining models too, as current stock is depleted?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 11:33:22 AM
I don't know- next time I am talking to my contact at LM, I will make certain to ask.  I imagine that it was due to poor sales though, as the larger Juice models tended to be a little on the pricey side.
Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 01:30:56 AM
Well it's here and it's a good news/bad news thing.

I like it alot.  I just have a little problem, and I think I may have to send it to LM about.  I am pretty certain this fits into the defect catagory, but the wood saw seems a little warped.  It actually wants to close on the "wrong" side of the awl.  Anyone else have this problem?

Other than that, I think it's pretty sweet.

Def

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 02:18:24 AM
...  I am pretty certain this fits into the defect catagory, but the wood saw seems a little warped.  It actually wants to close on the "wrong" side of the awl.  Anyone else have this problem?

The saw in my CS4 does the same thing, but it is of minor consequence.  Just need to push the tip of the saw with a finger while closing it to guide it into the correct place.
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 02:30:59 AM
I know, but a new tool should be perfect, you know?  Might just be me being a little picky.  I'll carry it for a few days and see what happens.
Def

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 08:46:32 AM
I have the same problem with my Xe6. I always thought it was annoying but I live with it. I thought it was stranger that you have to open the awl to get to the saw in the first place.
"

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 12:19:58 PM
I thought it was funny that the "instructions" don't mention that you have to pull the awl out first!  It seems kind of funny that they don't, since if you need the instructions on a multi:
a) you might never otherwise figure out how to get the saw out, and
b) you probably shouldn't be using tools at all!

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%