Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Many HD Pics of ST300 on LM site...

us Offline getahl

Re: Many HD Pics of ST300 on LM site...
Reply #30 on: July 22, 2009, 11:15:54 PM
Eyeballing the spec sheet in the Leatherman Library and the product page for the Core, there's not really much difference between the two, is there? The only real differences I see are the replaceable wire cutters and the cut out for the knife blade, yes? I'm wondering if I should just grab a Core from Costco (which I think I saw packaged with a knife for 40 or 50$). Does anyone know if the Core contains those zytel inserts like the Blast and Fuse?

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #31 on: July 22, 2009, 11:22:43 PM
yes it does have the zytel inserts but they are not structural so no worries :)
A

us Offline getahl

Reply #32 on: July 23, 2009, 12:08:40 AM
I know they aren't load bearing, but a part of me doesn't like how they look aesthetically. Thank you for verifying that they have the inserts, though I think I'll hold off for the all-metal construction of the new ST. :)

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 12:11:56 AM
I know they aren't load bearing, but a part of me doesn't like how they look aesthetically. Thank you for verifying that they have the inserts, though I think I'll hold off for the all-metal construction of the new ST. :)

i hear you, me too :D
A

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 12:13:31 AM

Get past that and you'll realise that the zytel adds quite a bit of comfort.  I like the zytel on my Fuse.
I'm back!!

us Offline getahl

Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 01:10:31 AM
I'm sure the inserts are awesome, but I think it's the replaceable cutters that are going to win out on the supertool. I have a Powerlock with rolled cutters, and they've never been quite the same. I need to get around to finding out exactly what SOG's warranty is. The damage itself is over a year old already (shows you how much I use the SOG haha).

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: July 23, 2009, 03:09:14 PM
I will get one (maybe 2) just for the "its new and I want it factor" I will probably carry it as well. I am still in search of that perfect weight, tool selection and sheath combination to attract me. I am hoping this could be what i want.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%