Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

what do you watch?

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Re: what do you watch?
Reply #60 on: August 04, 2009, 07:33:20 PM
I'm having a thing for Dora the Explorer lately... The way she repeats everything ~10-15 times is probably a pro for toddlers but can really get on your nerves if you can't choose not to listen to it...  >:(
My youngest is totally into "IN THE NIGHT GARDEN"  :ahhh
Even more scary than Dora & Tubbies... :P :D

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #61 on: August 04, 2009, 07:39:28 PM
Nothing, and I mean nothing is as awful as Barney.  >:D
Gotta disagree, I've seen Barney and the Teletubbies and neither are as creepy as the Wiggles. Grown men simply shouldn't act like that.

And I LOATHE Dragon Tales. There's one character on there, Ord who is a huge dragon. He's stupid and cowardly. I hate him. He's 10 friggin feet tall, he can fly and he BREATHES fire. WHY IN THE HELL ARE YOU AFRAID OF EVERYTHING!!!!!!
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #62 on: August 04, 2009, 07:42:33 PM
I'm having a thing for Dora the Explorer lately... The way she repeats everything ~10-15 times is probably a pro for toddlers but can really get on your nerves if you can't choose not to listen to it...  >:(

My wee one has moved on from In the Night Garden (thankfully) but is now fixated with Waybuloo. ::)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waybuloo
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #63 on: August 04, 2009, 07:44:18 PM

My wee one has moved on from In the Night Garden (thankfully) but is now fixated with Waybuloo. ::)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waybuloo
YIKES.... :ahhh Well, have fun... >:D  :pok:

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #64 on: August 04, 2009, 07:47:39 PM
This cute guy..?
(Image removed from quote.)

:D  :D

Nothing about him is cute  >:D
I'm back!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #65 on: August 04, 2009, 07:48:36 PM

Had that on in my house for about 3 years now.  Very odd.
I'm back!!

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #66 on: August 04, 2009, 07:54:54 PM

Had that on in my house for about 3 years now.  Very odd.
Well, There are 7 years between my girls, so I can't figure out how many hours the dang Tubbies, have been played...
But I know it's WAY too many... :bnghd:

gb Offline Screwtape

• I am the Toast King!!
Reply #67 on: August 04, 2009, 10:11:12 PM
Gotta disagree, I've seen Barney and the Teletubbies and neither are as creepy as the Wiggles. Grown men simply shouldn't act like that.

And I LOATHE Dragon Tales. There's one character on there, Ord who is a huge dragon. He's stupid and cowardly. I hate him. He's 10 friggin feet tall, he can fly and he BREATHES fire. WHY IN THE HELL ARE YOU AFRAID OF EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Uggggggg there's a wiggles trailer at the end of that Pingu DVD, my daughter can't get enough of it six or seven times in a row more some times  :ahhh

Waybuloo's not bad though both my kids like it and Ivys even learning to do the Yoga moves so it's okay in my book,  :tu: :tu:
"Hello! I am the Toast King and I rule over the Moon!"

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #68 on: August 04, 2009, 10:18:17 PM
Television in our house is going through a very strange transition at the moment.

My boys are four and six years old.  I was kind of hoping that cbeebies would have just about disapeared from the schedule by now to be replaced by still irritating but not quite so childrens entertainment.

Instead they're still watching some of it programmes despite my occasional curt comments about baby television, have totally dismissed the content of CITV and CBBC and by an exploration of the remote control come to the conclusion that the best shows are on More Four and Dave  :o   So now I get a strange mix of Chuggington, Kerwhiz, Grand Designs, Time Team, Top Gear, Ray Mears and Scrap Heap Challenge.

I'm sure this is not normal behaviour  :think:  :-\
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #69 on: August 04, 2009, 10:52:35 PM
I often annoyingly find myself singing the theme tune to Chuggington.  ::)
I'm back!!

gb Offline Neil

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #70 on: August 04, 2009, 11:02:38 PM

Eh...  do you ... ...  never happened here 

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #71 on: August 04, 2009, 11:03:22 PM
I'm watching the life and times of Tim right now... it's a like a very dirty secret that I think this stupid cr*p is actually funny!  >:D
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #72 on: August 04, 2009, 11:10:39 PM

Eh...  do you ... ...  never happened here  (Image removed from quote.)

Chuuuuuuuggington. Chugga chugga chugga chugga chuggington. Chuuuuuuuuggington.  Chugga chugga chugga. Chugga chugga chugga. Chugga chugga chugga chugga chuggington.  Chuggington!  :D
I'm back!!

gb Offline Neil

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #73 on: August 04, 2009, 11:43:53 PM
 :twak: Stop it  ::) :D

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #74 on: August 04, 2009, 11:47:24 PM

Eh...  do you ... ...  never happened here  (Image removed from quote.)

Chuuuuuuuggington. Chugga chugga chugga chugga chuggington. Chuuuuuuuuggington.  Chugga chugga chugga. Chugga chugga chugga. Chugga chugga chugga chugga chuggington.  Chuggington!  :D

You git.  I'm going to have that running round my head all night now.  :twak:  ;)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #75 on: August 04, 2009, 11:49:27 PM
Television in our house is going through a very strange transition at the moment.

My boys are four and six years old.  I was kind of hoping that cbeebies would have just about disapeared from the schedule by now to be replaced by still irritating but not quite so childrens entertainment.

Instead they're still watching some of it programmes despite my occasional curt comments about baby television, have totally dismissed the content of CITV and CBBC and by an exploration of the remote control come to the conclusion that the best shows are on More Four and Dave  :o   So now I get a strange mix of Chuggington, Kerwhiz, Grand Designs, Time Team, Top Gear, Ray Mears and Scrap Heap Challenge.

I'm sure this is not normal behaviour
  :think:  :-\

Can't be normal, it sounds exactly like what I watch. ;)

gb Offline Neil

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #76 on: August 04, 2009, 11:54:16 PM

I'm sure this is not normal behaviour
  :think:  :-\

Can't be normal, it sounds exactly like what I watch. ;)

Let's ride the rails!

Oh, you meant the other stuff ... didn't you? :P

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #77 on: August 04, 2009, 11:56:57 PM
At least Kerwizz isn't on ATM I could cheerfully kill the Kerwizzmaster:viking:

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #78 on: August 06, 2009, 05:34:25 AM
I would say most defintly not normal because I am not and Top Gear and Scrap Heap Challenge (I assume here it is called Jnukyard Wars) where shows that I did and do watch

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #79 on: August 06, 2009, 09:32:33 AM
I would say most defintly not normal because I am not and Top Gear and Scrap Heap Challenge (I assume here it is called Jnukyard Wars) where shows that I did and do watch

Yeah, Junkyard Wars is the American spin-off from Scrapheap Challenge.  It's been on here for so long (11 years now  :o) though that I think they've run out of original ideas for the challenges. :-\

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #80 on: August 06, 2009, 11:00:39 AM
The only I actually is watching is "Waking the dead" & "Gordon Ramseys kitchen nightmare"... :)

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #81 on: August 06, 2009, 03:39:36 PM

Yeah, Junkyard Wars is the American spin-off from Scrapheap Challenge.  It's been on here for so long (11 years now  :o) though that I think they've run out of original ideas for the challenges. :-\
they showed the UK one as Junkyard Wars here and I liked the UK one better then the US one

I perfer the Gordon Ramsey's F Word

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #82 on: August 06, 2009, 03:41:09 PM

Yeah, Junkyard Wars is the American spin-off from Scrapheap Challenge.  It's been on here for so long (11 years now  :o) though that I think they've run out of original ideas for the challenges. :-\
they showed the UK one as Junkyard Wars here and I liked the UK one better then the US one

Here they showed the US one as either Junkyard Wars or as Scrapheap Challenge USA.

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Reply #83 on: August 06, 2009, 09:32:04 PM

Here they showed the US one as either Junkyard Wars or as Scrapheap Challenge USA.

I've always seen Scrapheap Challenge USA.  Not seen Junkyard Wars before.

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #84 on: August 07, 2009, 02:23:20 PM
The only I actually is watching is "Waking the dead" & "Gordon Ramseys kitchen nightmare"... :)

Kitchen Nightmares is entertaining but it makes me think twice about eating at a restaurant.
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

gb Offline Screwtape

• I am the Toast King!!
Reply #85 on: August 07, 2009, 06:29:17 PM
just finished watching pyschoville, binged on all 7 episodes over the last two nights.  It's very good and I can highly recommend it, black humor and 7 dwarfs   :tu:

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #86 on: August 07, 2009, 11:52:05 PM
just finished watching pyschoville, binged on all 7 episodes over the last two nights.  It's very good and I can highly recommend it, black humor and 7 dwarfs   :tu:

A few people have said that to me now.  Really should go check it out.
I'm back!!

Offline toothrot

• What pants?
Reply #87 on: August 11, 2009, 03:25:10 AM
Junkyard wars started in the UK didn't it? The actor that played kryten in red dwarf was the host...wasn't it called junkyard wars too?

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #88 on: August 11, 2009, 09:26:24 AM
Junkyard wars started in the UK didn't it? The actor that played kryten in red dwarf was the host...wasn't it called junkyard wars too?

I was all the brain child of Cathy Rogers (who co-hosted the show for a while) and it's gone through a few formats over the years.  For example in the first year it aired there were only two teams who came back week after week to compete against each other to see who rack up the most wins over the series.  The other host is Robert Llewellyn who, just as you say, is best known for playing Kryten in Red Dwarf.

The UK version has always been know (here at least) as Scrapheap Challenge simply because we don't use the term junkyard, we call them scrapheaps. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapheap_challenge

gb Offline Screwtape

• I am the Toast King!!
Reply #89 on: August 11, 2009, 09:26:58 PM

I was all the brain child of Cathy Rogers (who co-hosted the show for a while) and it's gone through a few formats over the years.  For example in the first year it aired there were only two teams who came back week after week to compete against each other to see who rack up the most wins over the series.  The other host is Robert Llewellyn who, just as you say, is best known for playing Kryten in Red Dwarf.

The UK version has always been know (here at least) as Scrapheap Challenge simply because we don't use the term junkyard, we call them scrapheaps. :)
revival
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapheap_challenge

Loved Scrapheap challenge but I grew up on the Great Egg race theres a show that needs a  ;)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD