Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

DaveK?

Pacu · 93 · 5385

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Re: DaveK?
Reply #30 on: August 12, 2009, 05:43:25 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here...

If you can't settle a dispute any other way than to stomp your feet and leave, then I don't care if you come back.

There's too much drama on this forum as it is...

I agree 100% about the drama part.  :tu:  You guys do a great job of keeping things under control most of the time.  ;)
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #31 on: August 12, 2009, 08:18:17 PM

If you can't settle a dispute any other way than to stomp your feet and leave, then I don't care if you come back.

We're just trying to be nice, boss  :)
Gabba gabba hey!!

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #32 on: August 16, 2009, 08:57:06 PM
Guys, many thanks for your concern, e-mails, Facebook messages etc, much appreciated, but I'm absolutely fine.

I've logged in again now because someone drew my attention to this comment:

I think actually the circumstances of my leaving were without drama of any kind, and the foot-stomping comment is inflammatory, incorrect and sadly typical of your general attitude towards me. Problem is, with you being a moderator, I really have to live with it or leave. I suspect you'll delete this before anyone gets to read it.

Looks like you're right about being in the minority though!

For those who genuinely want to know why I stopped visiting the site - there's an example, right there.

I can't see myself logging in again for a while, but please feel free to use the e-mail address on my profile if you want to get in touch!

Cheers,
Dave
I used to come here a lot.

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #33 on: August 16, 2009, 09:04:46 PM
Guys, many thanks for your concern, e-mails, Facebook messages etc, much appreciated, but I'm absolutely fine.

I think actually the circumstances of my leaving were without drama of any kind, and the foot-stomping comment is inflammatory, incorrect and sadly typical of your general attitude towards me. Problem is, with you being a moderator, I really have to live with it or leave. I suspect you'll delete this before anyone gets to read it.

For those who genuinely want to know why I stopped visiting the site - there's an example, right there.

I can't see myself logging in again for a while, but please feel free to use the e-mail address on my profile if you want to get in touch!

Cheers,
Dave

From what I see the mods here don't do that. Yes there are quite a few forums where the mods are god and do whatever they feel like but not here.

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: August 16, 2009, 09:04:51 PM
You are missed chap.

us Offline WH867

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: August 16, 2009, 09:25:04 PM

Cheers,
Dave
Of course mods have the right to state their opinion as does everyone else.   But  personally I was not pleased to see his post although I will refrain from saying exactly what I  thought when I first saw it.

I as well as many others wish that Dave would return.  His contributions to this site are missed.
Dennis

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #36 on: August 16, 2009, 10:29:19 PM

Cheers,
Dave

Well, since you don't plan on being back for a while, I guess I'll reply to this message for everyone else to read.  If you go back and look, I don't think I was involved in any of the arguments you were having with other members.  The fact is, you can't seem to accept anyone else's opinion if it differs from yours.  You also can't seem to accept when your wrong.  Anyone can do a search for the threads you've posted in and see for themselves.  One example would be the NOT Pleased with Leatherman thread. 

If blaming me makes you feel better about your decision to leave, then go for it.  If anyone wishes to do the research, I don't think I've ever had a problem/disagreement with you until the thread mentioned in the above paragraph.  Even then, I did what I had to to try to stop the downward slide that thread was taking.  (you know, the kind of thing your supposed to do when your a moderator...)

Why would I delete your comments?  I've never been afraid to be criticized for anything I've ever posted.  Unlike you, I'm not afraid to be on the losing side of an argument, or be in the minority with what I think or feel.  Just ask Mike or Ben. :D  In this instance, I firmly stand behind my comments.  If anyone has a problem with them, then feel free to let me know. 

In the end, I'll just say this.  A lot of people got on LM123 for being a kid and acting like an adult.  How am I supposed to react to you being an adult and acting like a kid?
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #37 on: August 16, 2009, 10:31:21 PM
Of course mods have the right to state their opinion as does everyone else.   But  personally I was not pleased to see his post although I will refrain from saying exactly what I  thought when I first saw it.

I as well as many others wish that Dave would return.  His contributions to this site are missed.

Feel free to speak your mind.  My comments are my own, and I'm not afraid of criticism.
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline Pacu

Reply #38 on: August 16, 2009, 10:39:08 PM
I'm sorry i started this thread now. :P

Didn't mean to open old wounds.
:like:    :MTO:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #39 on: August 16, 2009, 10:46:02 PM
One thing I have learned...you should never apologize for other people's actions.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline WH867

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: August 16, 2009, 11:09:23 PM

Feel free to speak your mind.  My comments are my own, and I'm not afraid of criticism.
I think what I said was clear enough for most to understand so no need for more.  Getting into a Pi$$ing match with a mod(or anyone else) is not my intention.

IMO a moderators job is to diffuse situations.   It seems to me like you do just the opposite.  In most cases it would'nt bother me. In this thread it did.
Dennis

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #41 on: August 16, 2009, 11:23:16 PM

I think what I said was clear enough for most to understand so no need for more.  Getting into a Pi$$ing match with a mod(or anyone else) is not my intention.

IMO a moderators job is to diffuse situations.   It seems to me like you do just the opposite.  In most cases it would'nt bother me. In this thread it did.

I never mentioned anything about getting into a pi$$ing match.  I simply said that if you have something to say, say it. 

Feel free to take some time to look back at my actions as a Moderator.  I think you'll find that a majority of the time, I do my "job" as well as anyone.

There are times when I do have disagreements with people.  As I said before, I'm not afraid to speak my mind, and I don't think that just because I'm a Moderator I should change who I am or what I post.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #42 on: August 16, 2009, 11:37:41 PM
I simply said that if you have something to say, say it. 

So, you "speaking your mind" is OK, but if anyone else does, then you start to talk about ending threads, because they "bore" you?

You also can't seem to accept when your wrong.  Anyone can do a search for the threads you've posted in and see for themselves.

In the end, I'll just say this.  A lot of people got on LM123 for being a kid and acting like an adult.  How am I supposed to react to you being an adult and acting like a kid?

Do as I say, not as I do, eh?

You'll be hard pressed to find me provoking and insulting other members like you routinely do. I have never been anything but courteous to people on this site, even if you seem to have developed some "minority" opinion.

One thing I have learned...you should never apologize for other people's actions.

I'm sorry, I really have no idea what this means - are you having a go at me too? I honestly can't tell.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 11:39:37 PM by DaveK »

us Offline Crouton

• No Life Club
  • "Live long and ..useful."
Reply #43 on: August 16, 2009, 11:45:47 PM
Can't we all just get along? 

We are all grown men and women here (mostly :)

We like multitools.

Be here, and be happy.

That is all.
:)

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #44 on: August 16, 2009, 11:56:49 PM
Oh come on Dave, people get into arguments all the time, it's not worth it to quit over one of them.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #45 on: August 17, 2009, 12:02:22 AM
I, like the majority, would rather have you participate then leave.

However, if you have that much anger in you, then you have probably done the right thing. Maybe come back once you have cooled down...if you decide to that is. You obviously keep coming back..but I think for the wrong reasons.

I have learned a long time ago, that you just can't take things too personal on the net, and forums more so. I myself have left another forum because things got a bit too personal. I learned from that action quite a few things. I learned that you empower people if they can chase you away from a site. Aren't a few good friends worth a bucket load of enemies? I also learned that things others say to you from the protection of their own home are pretty much meaningless unless you give them power.  
The biggest thing is that you punish yourself by leaving.  

I must also clarify my comment in saying that I have no issues with Greatest Moderator Ever either, nor do I know what the issue is between the two of you. I can say that the moderators on this website are more than fair. Although I have only been here for a few short months, I have not once seen any abuse.

My comment was aimed squarely at Pacu who seemed to be apologizing for his thread. I am sure he had no clue about the reasons why you left, myself included. Often times, the most innocent things turn ugly and it is no fault of the initiator. This is a prime example of such, and thus my comment.

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #46 on: August 17, 2009, 12:08:13 AM
I simply said that if you have something to say, say it. 

So, you "speaking your mind" is OK, but if anyone else does, then you start to talk about ending threads, because they "bore" you?

You also can't seem to accept when your wrong.  Anyone can do a search for the threads you've posted in and see for themselves.

In the end, I'll just say this.  A lot of people got on LM123 for being a kid and acting like an adult.  How am I supposed to react to you being an adult and acting like a kid?

Do as I say, not as I do, eh?

You'll be hard pressed to find me provoking and insulting other members like you routinely do. I have never been anything but courteous to people on this site, even if you seem to have developed some "minority" opinion.

I'm sorry, I really have no idea what this means - are you having a go at me too? I honestly can't tell.

Chako was referring to Pacu's apology for starting this thread.

Please explain to me how I routinely insult other members?  Didn't you just accuse me earlier of posting inflammatory and incorrect statements?  So, let me get this straight, it's not ok if someone posts something about you that you think is inflammatory and incorrect, but it IS ok if you do it about someone else?

Once again, I say to go back and read my posts.  Look up the argument I had with DTH about the Auto Industry, I made my post, DTH came back with a good reply, and I dropped it.  I was pretty sure everyone else would have gotten bored with that thread if I had continued to reply, so I stopped.  Just like the thread I've already mentioned that you were a part of, it was getting boring and useless to a lot of people, so it needed to stop.  I wasn't alone in that thought, I was just the first one to take action.

This thread is becoming a prime example of what I'm talking about.  So, I'm going to stop before this becomes even more of a pi$$ing match with someone who
can't see myself logging in again for a while.

Feel free to tell everyone how horrible I am... I'm an adult, and I can take it.  I'll still be logging in again tomorrow.

us Offline WH867

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: August 17, 2009, 12:13:43 AM

I never mentioned anything about getting into a pi$$ing match.  I simply said that if you have something to say, say it. 

Feel free to take some time to look back at my actions as a Moderator.  I think you'll find that a majority of the time, I do my "job" as well as anyone.

There are times when I do have disagreements with people.  As I said before, I'm not afraid to speak my mind, and I don't think that just because I'm a Moderator I should change who I am or what I post.
I have seen your actions as a moderator and for the most part I have no problem with them,occasionally even enjoying your different take on some things. But once in awhile you do seem to fan the flames.

Being from Ohio I learned long ago not to expect perfection out of anything or anyone from Michigan :D.

Go Bucks 8)
Dennis

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #48 on: August 17, 2009, 12:20:53 AM
   Being from Ohio I learned long ago not to expect perfection out of anything or anyone from Michigan :D.

I know I said I wasn't going to post in here anymore, but I have to reply to this...

I didn't know you were from Ohio... that explains a lot! :pok: :D  (just kidding!)

Go Bucks 8)

I'd like to come back with a Wolverine's related remark... but the last few years would make it seem pretty weak   :cry:

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #49 on: August 17, 2009, 12:25:03 AM
Feel free to tell everyone how horrible I am... I'm an adult, and I can take it.  I'll still be logging in again tomorrow.

So, because I won't, I'm not an adult? You can't even take the moral high ground without a little dig can you? I've not seen the thread about the auto-industry so I can't comment, but I don't see how anything in it could be relevant tbh.

This thread is becoming a prime example of what I'm talking about.  So, I'm going to stop before this becomes even more of a pi$$ing match with someone who

And which post marked the turning point would you say? It was going along nicely until you had a pop at me. Nice one!

My comment was aimed squarely at Pacu who seemed to be apologizing for his thread. I am sure he had no clue about the reasons why you left, myself included. Often times, the most innocent things turn ugly and it is no fault of the initiator. This is a prime example of such, and thus my comment.

My apologies then - I understand now.

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: August 17, 2009, 12:44:14 AM
I'll just FART  :D

[EDIT] Dave that in no way appies to you   :tu: we ha d a transaction that went swimmingly recently  :D it's just my sense of humour  ;)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:49:06 AM by JohnM »

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: August 17, 2009, 12:47:55 AM
You've both "spoken your minds" quite clearly. How about listening for a change?

Otherwise, let's take it to PMs. If I want to hear this crap, I'll turn on Dr. Phil.
[

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #52 on: August 17, 2009, 12:49:13 AM
No need to apologize.  :)

Very nice Leatherman collection I might add.  :tu:

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: August 17, 2009, 01:17:44 AM
come on guys where's the love  :D I say we drop it and  :drink: to a new start  :salute:

what do ya'll say?  :D

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #54 on: August 17, 2009, 01:26:29 AM
Look up the argument I had with DTH about the Auto Industry, I made my post, DTH came back with a good reply, and I dropped it.
I really wouldn't say we argued, just debated. That's what married people do.

Crap, did I spill the beans about our secret marriage?  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[  :D :D

http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #55 on: August 17, 2009, 01:47:47 AM

I know I said I wasn't going to post in here anymore, but I have to reply to this...

I didn't know you were from Ohio... that explains a lot! :pok: :D  (just kidding!)

Go Bucks 8)

I'd like to come back with a Wolverine's related remark... but the last few years would make it seem pretty weak   :cry:
Ha!  You're right...guess Rod didn't quite get the job done last year... (WVU fan here!)  :D
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #56 on: August 17, 2009, 03:37:46 AM

Im pretty sure he was talking about Pacu's last post
A

Offline tcolling

Reply #57 on: August 17, 2009, 05:28:04 AM
I don't know the history, as a relative newcomer around here (although I have been a SOSAKer for seveal years).

With that said, it seems like it would be a shame to lose someone with almost 6000 posts.  Sounds like someone who is firmly established as a member of the community here.

(and if Dave's an accountant, well, heck, you couldn't ask for nicer folk!)

- Tim
(CPA, although nowadays I call myself a RECOVERING acccountant :D )
B

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #58 on: August 17, 2009, 09:18:47 AM
That's the trouble with forums and the internet. This sort of thing happens  >:( I'm sure you guys would sort this out if you could meet up and have a chat face to face  ;) But honestly, it gets kind of tiresome and it reminds me of flogging a very dead horse. I've seen these arguments on every forum I 've been a member of but strangely I thought this place was different. Wrong  :) Oh well, there's little incentive left for me to log on and look at this stuff  :cry:
Chris.
Gabba gabba hey!!

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #59 on: August 17, 2009, 10:10:26 AM
I do hope DaveK does come back to play with us again. I just tried his amazing Kick Clip De-wobble mod earlier today and it worked like a charm.  :tu:

Any person who can come up with such an elegant fix for a minor problem that only a true connoisseur would even notice belongs here with us, an audience who can truly appreciate his genius.  :salute:

The Kick is looking much better now that its clip fixed and all the rust removed. Of course, I wouldn't have had to do these things in the first place if it was made by Vic....  :pommel: :D :D
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD