Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman123

Pacu · 402 · 29258

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Leatherman123
on: August 31, 2009, 06:08:58 AM
I should have known not to trade with this guy again.

So he offers up a trade of his Swisstool RS for my Blast, Kick and 80's model PST.

Now after telling me initally he was happy with the trade and all is well he now wants his Swisstool back.

i get stuff like this from him over the course of the trade

(No subject)
« Sent to: Pacu on: August 09, 2009, 12:46:50 PM » Quote Reply Remove   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Pacu, sorry for not getting back to you, I totally forgot about the whole thing!   Any interest in a Charge TTi? It would take a good offer though!

Please look at my Time to Trade post as I have other things for trade too, I really want the Blast/Kick!

Absolutely No Life Club

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: Pacu on: August 14, 2009, 10:45:00 PM » Quote Reply Remove   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Pacu, do you think we could postpone the trade until next week sometime? I hate to do this, by I can't be sure when I can ship out. So, I will PM you as soon as I can.

Please don't give up on me or anything as I am very busy this week.

This is because I am going fishing tomorrow at 6 AM, the PO is closed on Sun, and I am going to football camp for the week. I thought I could squeeze it in either tomorrow or Monday but it's just not possible.

Please let me know, thank you!   

« Sent to: Pacu on: August 17, 2009, 05:56:12 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. » Quote Reply Remove   

Yeah, by all those plastic bags!    Everything is great, thank you very much! 

I would expect better conduct from a cop...o wait
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline Pacu

Re: Leatherman123
Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 06:29:36 AM
Tons of PMs and trying to alter the trade after an agreement is met. >:(

I've done at least 20 trades on here hitch free with other members but this guy.... >:( :twak:

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 12:36:14 PM
Very disappointing >:(
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 02:00:18 PM
I didn't get a chance to really look at the tools because I've been at double session football practices and football camp. After I looked at them, I am very unhappy. First of all, he said the PST was new and it had a ton of pivot play, the blasts tools flopped right out of the handle (he deffinitely new of this problem). I am not trading on here anymore, and I wasn't happy with the products after I finally checked them out. Also, I PM'd him twice to see if he was happy with his package or not, sure enough I didn't get an answer.
B

us Offline Pacu

Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 02:21:48 PM
Yea   that PST was immaculate. The Blast and Kick were brand new. From the get go you seem like you really didn't want to trade for that Swisstool. Now you pull this. Like i said send me my stuff back and i'll send you back your Swisstool.

Anyone that has ever tried to trade with you knows EXACTLY what i'm talking about.

I'm sure we will all be at a loss with you not (trading) on here anymore. :cheers:

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 03:30:58 PM
Had some good trades with LM123, but he still owes me a few items that he said he was going to send and either denies saying them, or never sends the items.  They are small items, but if you say you are sending something, then send it.  Was willing to give him another chance when he said he had a griptillian for trade but never heard back from him.  Seems the changes he was wanting to make didn't stick.  Oh well, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Flash

Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 03:47:50 PM
Come on Leatherman....sort this out.

There are still some that think this can be resolved....

(Do the right thing)

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 04:30:00 PM
Zack, I can't legally trade until I'm 18 and I promised Def I wouldn't.
B

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 04:42:44 PM

Weak sauce.  Fix past mistakes.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 05:28:18 PM

Don't drag me into this one.  I told you to settle any deals you were currently involved in, and not to start any more.  It would appear that you didn't listen to any of that statement.  I suggest that you sort this mess (and any others) out ASAP.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 06:15:52 PM
Sorry Def, didn't mean to open up another can of worms.

gb Online Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 09:10:59 PM
Some growing up is required!
Gabba gabba hey!!

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 09:13:57 PM
3 words..:
Just...Fix...It...  ;)

us Offline Pacu

Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 11:20:16 PM
Had some good trades with LM123, but he still owes me a few items that he said he was going to send and either denies saying them, or never sends the items.  They are small items, but if you say you are sending something, then send it.  Was willing to give him another chance when he said he had a griptillian for trade but never heard back from him.  Seems the changes he was wanting to make didn't stick.  Oh well, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

like this?

Sent to: Pacu on: August 14, 2009, 11:16:40 PM »

Hey Pacu, I was totally wrong, football camp isn't until the 24!   I was just asking my mother if she would ship it out and she said it wasn't until the week after!   I will be able to get your package out sometime next week. By Tuesday definitely! If it's convienent, you can certainly ship tomorrow. If you do, I'll throw in a little something extra!  '

Please let me know as I messed up big time!

« Sent to: Pacu on: August 14, 2009, 11:47:59 PM » Quote 

Sorry for all the confusion!

As I said, I will get your package out on Monday or Tues. I will also include a little extra gift! 

Funny how i shipped out the next day and never got anything extra. Not that i expected anything other than the trade we agreed upon......but i guess even that is a problem.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 11:25:29 PM by Pacu »

us Offline Pacu

Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 11:39:36 PM
I didn't get a chance to really look at the tools because I've been at double session football practices and football camp. After I looked at them, I am very unhappy. First of all, he said the PST was new and it had a ton of pivot play, the blasts tools flopped right out of the handle (he deffinitely new of this problem). I am not trading on here anymore, and I wasn't happy with the products after I finally checked them out. Also, I PM'd him twice to see if he was happy with his package or not, sure enough I didn't get an answer.

Also i don't care for you attacking my character saying i send bad tools. That PST had no pivot play in it and was supertight. I said Like New which it is. The Blast Tools do not "flop out".

My character references

Let's see

Eagle Scout
US Air Force
Target Logistics Manager 4 years
Best Buy  Merchandising manager
and now i run construction on new Best Buy stores

u?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 11:57:22 PM
Sorry Def, didn't mean to open up another can of worms.

No worries there.

3 words..:
Just...Fix...It...  ;)

You are absolutely right!

At this point I think that anyone who has a problem with Nikko should PM him and let him know exactly what was wrong so that he can attempt to make things right.  If you would like to keep things on the up and up, please feel free to include me in them as well.  As an impartial entity, I can ensure fairness all around.  That is of course up to each of you- I'm just offering alternatives.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 12:26:52 AM
Yeah, I really want to make this right. If I owe you something, send me a PM and I'll straighen it out. Jason, I promise, the tools did have the defects I mentioned...
B

us Offline WH867

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 07:20:04 AM
In case anybody is wondering how commited Nikko is to his new honesty policy and his promise to Def  he waited almost 9 hours after he made the above post before he attempted to get me to make a trade with him.

In this thread he requested "If I owe you something, send me a PM and I'll straighen it out".  I did so and his return PM was a trade offer.(followed by a few more PMs trying to talk me into it).   Even though I have repeatedly told him (for almost 2 months) that he has to make good on our last trade before I would even consider trading with him again.
Dennis

us Offline Pacu

Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 12:07:20 PM
Figures. :P

You'd think someone with 6000+ posts on here would know how things work. I have had way better and more professional trades with members with 2 posts total.

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 03:07:48 PM
I PMed him last night a few times.  He said he is wanting to make it right, so we shall see.  Also complained about the quality of tools I sent him.

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 03:39:08 PM
Yeah, when you said an item was worth $66 and it's used so it's not worth close to that it sort of pissed me off. I thought I was getting a new Expanse.  :( Or all the traded we do and your package doesn't ship out until a day later ! Stuff like that annoys me, your right!
B

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 04:44:09 PM
I was going to stay out of this but I just can't!  Nikko expects the world in trade and offers crap in return. I've given him a ton of stuff for free and even made a bad trade that he did with another member right again. Plain and simple, Nikko is a taker and has shown that to everyone here. I think it's time for Ben to use his big red button!  >:(

Sorry Nikko, I'm more than tired of your crap and so is everyone else. You have so much to learn and I hope you do it somewhere else.... 

Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

Offline Nutznboltz

Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 04:55:40 PM
I was going to stay out of this but I just can't!  Nikko expects the world in trade and offers crap in return. I've given him a ton of stuff for free and even made a bad trade that he did with another member right again. Plain and simple, Nikko is a taker and has shown that to everyone here. I think it's time for Ben to use his big red button!  >:(

Sorry Nikko, I'm more than tired of your crap and so is everyone else. You have so much to learn and I hope you do it somewhere else.... 

Well said GG,  there is a lesson to be learned here and I think if some members here haven't figured it out yet problems such as this will continue.

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 05:49:28 PM
Well said GG,  there is a lesson to be learned here and I think if some members here haven't figured it out yet problems such as this will continue.

Moral of this story: Don't trade with LM123.  I have nothing personal against LM123 but it seems there are more and more transaction problems with him and all he can produce are excuses.  Gadget Guy said it best, nothing else to say.
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 05:51:17 PM
I know I won't trade with him.
(

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 05:59:36 PM
I have had one bad transaction where the flat rate envelope was damaged.If you look at my successful trades on the feedback forum you would see that I am not scum as I'm portrayed to be ok the forum! I have been "screwed" several times on the forum. I am out a Swisstool due to Tarrodemerieda (spelling?) and I have been unhappy with several trades and no one did anything about it. In particular, I got SAKs from dennis that were missing parts, a heavily used knife from Zack, and I've been taken advantage of from Dennis once. But no, everytime I tell the trader how I feel I'm not taken seriously!
B

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 06:09:14 PM
I have had one bad transaction where the flat rate envelope was damaged.If you look at my successful trades on the feedback forum you would see that I am not scum as I'm portrayed to be ok the forum! I have been "screwed" several times on the forum. I am out a Swisstool due to Tarrodemerieda (spelling?) and I have been unhappy with several trades and no one did anything about it. In particular, I got SAKs from dennis that were missing parts, a heavily used knife from Zack, and I've been taken advantage of from Dennis once. But no, everytime I tell the trader how I feel I'm not taken seriously!

"...and Leatherman Service department won't accept my returns anymore  (at least for a while)."

Your track record precedes you.  It's my opinion that your age taints your subjective views on transactions that are not going well.  From the aspect of a disinterested observer, I would say you need to swallow hard and do what you must to make these dealings right for the other people involved.

JMO

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 06:29:57 PM

You're playing the victim now?  The problem is that you lied and flip flopped your excuses so no one believes what you say now.  Did you ever read the story "the boy who cried wolf"?  

OK, if you've been screwed so many times in trades, why don't you learn your lesson and stop trading?  Apparently, you're still requesting new trades (despite the fact that you made a promise not to) while you still owe people things and you're even insisting that people ship to you first.  It doesn't matter how many successful trades you made in the past.  When you start dropping the ball, can't keep promises and keep making excuses, people don't trust you anymore... and they have every right to do so.

Do a thousand good deeds and no one really remembers.  Do one bad deed, and people will remember for a long time.  If you want people to take you seriously, you know what you need to do to make things right.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 06:31:38 PM by PyroJames »
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 06:34:57 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, Nikko will no longer be an issue here.

Def

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 07:06:53 PM
Oh my... I can't say I'm sorry, but I certainly wasn't expecting the hammer to fall quite so hard. :)
Got those frog legs.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD