Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman123

Pacu · 402 · 29255

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Re: Leatherman123
Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 07:11:20 PM
I am sorry it came to that. I was really hoping Nikko would come round.
[

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 07:31:46 PM
Sadly I suspect he's got a lot to learn about taking personal responsibility.  A young guy with a lot of growing up to do. :-\
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #32 on: September 01, 2009, 07:49:02 PM
Oh my... I can't say I'm sorry, but I certainly wasn't expecting the hammer to fall quite so hard. :)

I've never known a forum as easy going as this one  :)
Gabba gabba hey!!

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: September 01, 2009, 07:56:50 PM
I was hoping he would come around too, but I bet there was a lot more going on behind the scenes for Grant to do what he did.  I'm sure he will try and come back under a different moniker, most people do.  Maybe after he matures a little and sees what the real world can be like, he will see what so many people here are talking about.  Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and take your lumps; he was willing to do neither.  I just wish I could have got the E01 he has been owing me for months  :D.

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: September 01, 2009, 08:05:10 PM
I was hoping he would come around too, but I bet there was a lot more going on behind the scenes for Grant to do what he did.  I'm sure he will try and come back under a different moniker, most people do.  Maybe after he matures a little and sees what the real world can be like, he will see what so many people here are talking about.  Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and take your lumps; he was willing to do neither.  I just wish I could have got the E01 he has been owing me for months  :D.

On the bright side, the E01 would have already become somewhat obsolete anyway since those Maratac/ITP 3As came out. (Just kidding)  :D :D :D
[

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: September 01, 2009, 09:22:44 PM
I hate to see people banned from here but I believe it was in our best interests.
(

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #36 on: September 02, 2009, 12:00:56 AM
Yea i hate to see people banned but damn what a waste of my time. Pm's, trip to the post office >:(,

The outcome is i told him to send back my stuff (PST,Blast and Kick) and after i get it i'd send him back his Swisstool.

Sorry Nikko you got banned but your word is what measures a man..(or womans) worth.
:like:    :MTO:

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #37 on: September 02, 2009, 12:55:35 AM
Its just a shame I thought he was growing up, hope he wouldn't turn out to be a con man. Wishing him the best though.
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

us Offline Mike

• No Life Club
  • Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
Reply #38 on: September 02, 2009, 12:58:26 AM
Well, he brought it on himself. He had posted that he wanted to buy a Vic Spirit sheath. In the spirit (no pun intended) of Multitool.org, I gave one to him, I even paid for the postage. What did I get? No thanks in private, no positive feedback, nothing. His excuse was he totally forgot because he was so busy.

Oh well, not much of a loss around here if you ask me.

Mike
Common sense ..... so rare, it's virtually a super power.

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: September 02, 2009, 01:02:08 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, Nikko will no longer be an issue here.

Def

The boss has decided!I hope it would be the last.

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: September 02, 2009, 01:04:30 AM
Gene, you traded your camo Charge with him. Right?

us Offline Crouton

• No Life Club
  • "Live long and ..useful."
Reply #41 on: September 02, 2009, 03:40:59 AM
I entered into "trade negotiations"  with LM123 several times and it always seemed like he wanted the better part of the deal so it never happened.  I like my trades to be of roughly equal value, LM123 always seemed to need to get more out of the deal.  I can't blame the guy though. 

He genuinely seemed to like multis which I can totally respect. 

I think we will see him again.
:)

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #42 on: September 02, 2009, 04:11:35 AM
In particular, I got SAKs from dennis that were missing parts, a heavily used knife from Zack, and I've been taken advantage of from Dennis once. But no, everytime I tell the trader how I feel I'm not taken seriously!

I have not commented up till now about Nikko , but the above is an absolute load smurfE. Dennis is one of the most generous guys here & lets be honest there are some exceptionally generous people here. I have done many deals with Dennis & it is not uncommon for there to a free extra , on top of that Dennis's prices are often below ebay prices. So  I find it impossible to believe Nikko's clams , I reckon Nikko you have done VERY well out of your dealings with Dennis.

As if on Que I have just got a delivery of a NIB Gerber BO MP600  8) 8) 8) 8) , a vintage hammer MT  AND a cool/crazy 'Spark Doctor' MT ,that was a gift.
Nikko I think it is not before time you have been shown the door .

Dennis is a buddy & a top fella Nikko's claims are most offensive.
Mat.

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

us Offline Pacu

Reply #43 on: September 02, 2009, 04:11:58 AM
Yeah he keeps trying to get you to add more stuff on your end to the trade while nothing gets added from his end.

My first trade with him was a used good condition Supertool for his Vic Climber. Then he wanted me to add a Supertinker/binocular combo i got at Target to the deal.
So my Supertool + Supertinker/Binocular for a used Climber?

Really?

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #44 on: September 02, 2009, 04:27:18 AM
In particular, I got SAKs from dennis that were missing parts, a heavily used knife from Zack, and I've been taken advantage of from Dennis once. But no, everytime I tell the trader how I feel I'm not taken seriously!

I have not commented up till now about Nikko , but the above is an absolute load Colorful EnunciationE. Dennis is one of the most generous guys here & lets be honest there are some exceptionally generous people here. I have done many deals with Dennis & it is not uncommon for there to a free extra , on top of that Dennis's prices are often below ebay prices. So  I find it impossible to believe Nikko's clams , I reckon Nikko you have done VERY well out of your dealings with Dennis.

As if on Que I have just got a delivery of a NIB Gerber BO MP600  8) 8) 8) 8) , a vintage hammer MT  AND a cool/crazy 'Spark Doctor' MT ,that was a gift.
Nikko I think it is not before time you have been shown the door .

Dennis is a buddy & a top fella Nikko's claims are most offensive.
Mat.

+1 im always happy to deal with Dennis
A

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: September 02, 2009, 04:52:10 AM
Gene, you traded your camo Charge with him. Right?

I think gene also had the smelly end of the trade stick, the blade on the Charge he got from him is not what he advertised, luckly Kwakster saved the day and Kwakster didn't even ask anything in return (what a great guy!).

You can say many things about LM123, but one things for sure he is not a bigot, he treats everybody regardless of nationality the same  :D
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #46 on: September 02, 2009, 06:43:54 AM
You are right Donald. When I was in Manila Gene showed me that Charge TTi that he got from LM. He was not happy with that trade. The blade of that Charge was haphazardly sharpened and very ugly to look although it was sharp.

00 Offline kwakster

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: September 02, 2009, 12:25:55 PM
I think Grant made a wise and informed decision, and Nikko has a lot of growing up to do.
Can't even remember how may PM's he sent me asking for all kinds of Leatherman spare parts for free, at a certain time it got boring so i stopped answering them.

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
Reply #48 on: September 02, 2009, 01:51:56 PM
I think Grant made a wise and informed decision, and Nikko has a lot of growing up to do.
Can't even remember how may PM's he sent me asking for all kinds of Leatherman spare parts for free, at a certain time it got boring so i stopped answering them.

+1  re: Def

+1  re: growing up

I twitted LM123's as far as PM's go  and blocked ALL his emails several months ago after a "hate" email was received by him regarding a transaction that I had with him.

PS to LM123 - DON'T try to become a law enforcement officer, you'll never make it !
Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Reply #49 on: September 02, 2009, 03:22:43 PM
In closing, ' the success and failure of a man, his attitude and behavior
greatly depend on how he was reared and moulded.'  

In the Philippines, when we talk about what kind of  person he is,
  we always ask: 'Who's his mother?'

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 03:46:20 PM by Teofilo »

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: September 02, 2009, 03:46:11 PM
In closing, ' the success and failure of a man, his attitude and behavior
greatly depend on how he was reared and moulded.'  

In the Philippines, when we talk about what kind of  person he is,
  we always ask: 'Who's the guy's mother?'

Well said gene, how you conduct yourself is the reflection of your family.

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #51 on: September 02, 2009, 06:08:41 PM
I'd just like to say...

Please don't chalk this one up to young age. :pok:
Age has nothing to do with it. Twits are just twits, years have nothing to do with it.
Got those frog legs.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #52 on: September 02, 2009, 06:24:44 PM
I'd just like to say...

Please don't chalk this one up to young age. :pok:
Age has nothing to do with it. Twits are just twits, years have nothing to do with it.

That's a fair point.  What we're really talking about is maturity, honesty and respect.  Three things that are more likely to be found with age, but it's not a certainty.  Thankfully they can also be found in the young.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Pacu

Reply #53 on: September 02, 2009, 11:18:09 PM
So I got my stuff back from Nikko today and what can i say....nice job packing ya jacka**

No tape, no box just 3 of my tools throw into a envelope with the boxes they came in crushed down into heap.

I sent the tools and the boxes in a flat rate box as to keep them in good shape and in their upright condition. I taped the hell out of the flat rate box to keep the tools in and people out. I actually care about getting the tool to the other guy (or girl) in a way i would like to get them. I ,unlike some, like to keep the original boxes and paperwork incase i trade them out or for historical collecting value.
Granted i have flattened a box or two in my time trading but i make sure the person on the other end can pop it back up no harm done.

like i said my tools were in fantastic shape, the blast tools do not flop out and the PST does not have any pivot play.

All he had to say was i want to trade back. i am not happy, But don't lie about the quality of my tools.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 11:37:48 PM by Pacu »

us Offline Pacu

Reply #54 on: September 02, 2009, 11:23:01 PM
I still have not sent out his Swisstool RS back to him. Wonder if i should send it back the same uncaring way?

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #55 on: September 02, 2009, 11:28:15 PM
I still have not sent out his Swisstool RS back to him. Wonder if i should send it back the same uncaring way?
It's really not my business, but I'd send it back to him the way you would send it to anyone else.  I don't blame you for wanting to be blase about it, but as my mama says "two wrongs don't make a right". :)  Like I said, not my business, but he's been banned, a lot of people are angry and aware of his misdeeds.  I'd just send it back with no fanfare, no messages, no nothing. It's just not worth the trouble anymore, I would think.
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #56 on: September 02, 2009, 11:29:44 PM
So long and thanks for all the fish.....
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

us Offline Pacu

Reply #57 on: September 02, 2009, 11:36:00 PM
It's really not my business, but I'd send it back to him the way you would send it to anyone else.  I don't blame you for wanting to be blase about it, but as my mama says "two wrongs don't make a right". :)  Like I said, not my business, but he's been banned, a lot of people are angry and aware of his misdeeds.  I'd just send it back with no fanfare, no messages, no nothing. It's just not worth the trouble anymore, I would think.

Oh i am   . I don't want anything around reminding me of that guy.

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #58 on: September 02, 2009, 11:36:39 PM
Pacu, I think it might be a good idea to white out the addresses in the photo of the envelope.
[

us Offline Pacu

Reply #59 on: September 02, 2009, 11:38:39 PM
Pacu, I think it might be a good idea to white out the addresses in the photo of the envelope.

good thinking    Done :cheers:

unless you wanted to send me a charge or something :D :pok:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12