Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman123

Pacu · 402 · 29256

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Re: Leatherman123
Reply #390 on: April 03, 2010, 02:58:26 PM
Oh...and Neil Peart is a GOD!

Literally the REASON I started drumming in the first place!  I actually got to see them live in 02 on the Vapor trails tour.  Best show ever!

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Reply #391 on: April 03, 2010, 03:10:51 PM

Literally the REASON I started drumming in the first place!  I actually got to see them live in 02 on the Vapor trails tour.  Best show ever!

We saw them live too and Peart put on a 25 minute drum solo with a drum set from hell that completely encircled him.  Each section was different....snares, kettles, triangles, cymbals, etc. and the whole set was slowly turning around him as he was jamming.  When it got to the next section, he'd just keep it going and jam on that section.  Was awesome!  I especially liked this young teen couple next to us cause guy was there because his girl dragged him there.  Over the course of that solo, I liked watching the expression on his face change as it dawned on him that he was witnessing true greatness.  By the end of the solo, he was jumping all around and screaming w/the rest of us!
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #392 on: April 03, 2010, 03:49:37 PM

We saw them live too and Peart put on a 25 minute drum solo with a drum set from hell that completely encircled him.  Each section was different....snares, kettles, triangles, cymbals, etc. and the whole set was slowly turning around him as he was jamming.  When it got to the next section, he'd just keep it going and jam on that section.  Was awesome!  I especially liked this young teen couple next to us cause guy was there because his girl dragged him there.  Over the course of that solo, I liked watching the expression on his face change as it dawned on him that he was witnessing true greatness.  By the end of the solo, he was jumping all around and screaming w/the rest of us!

As he should!  Peart is unrivaled in his technicality and precision.  Everytime I listen to him it blows me away.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #393 on: April 03, 2010, 07:52:21 PM
Ooh, nice to see people talking about something interesting in this tired old thread for a change :D

Someone should write to Leatherman and show them this thread - then they can stop sending that little arsewipe any more freebies. It's fraud and they should sue him.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #394 on: April 03, 2010, 07:56:50 PM
Ooh, nice to see people talking about something interesting in this tired old thread for a change :D

Someone should write to Leatherman and show them this thread - then they can stop sending that little arsewipe any more freebies. It's fraud and they should sue him.

+1 to that.  And Neil Peart rocks.  So does Danny Carey.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #395 on: April 03, 2010, 08:41:20 PM

Leatherman is well aware of this thread.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ni-ulster Offline cerbera147

• No Life Club
Reply #396 on: April 03, 2010, 08:43:40 PM

+100  :tu: :salute:

• No Life Club
Reply #397 on: April 03, 2010, 09:46:46 PM

Leatherman is well aware of this thread.

Def

Visit me in jail??   :rofl:
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

• No Life Club
Reply #398 on: April 03, 2010, 09:54:05 PM

Hey GG, I forgot to mention I used to work for an attorney in San Francisco and she had worked her way through law school playing drums in a band called Rosie and the Rivetors.  Well, she went on to become one of the top 5 plaintiffs class action attorneys in the country and collects drums.  She would always have one full set or another (she'd switch them out after a few months) in her office and when she would work late and needed to relax, we could hear her jamming!  She is actually a personal friend of Pearts and has his autograph across one of her more valuable snares. 

When I say she collects drums, I mean she COLLECTS them!  At any given point, aside from her full set, she would have at least 6-12 snares in her office...on shelves, in boxes, stacked, whatever.  It is her passion!  Great lady!

-Dylan Thomas

us Offline Pacu

Reply #399 on: April 03, 2010, 09:55:11 PM
almost 28 pages :o
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #400 on: April 03, 2010, 10:02:20 PM
Maybe we should move this peart topic to the breakroom, eh?   :D

• No Life Club
Reply #401 on: April 03, 2010, 10:06:46 PM
Maybe we should move this peart topic to the breakroom, eh?   :D

Yeah...probably a good idea.  Our bad.  Gotta run anyway.  Have fun

-Dylan Thomas

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD