Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone thin a SAK tooth pic?

John · 10 · 1845

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Anyone thin a SAK tooth pic?
on: September 04, 2009, 12:26:41 AM
I always use a SAK tooth pick as I find them the best but recently I have found them to be getting thicker (or is it just a figment in my mind):think: is this the case?

so I scrape both sides(with a sharp blade)until I'm happy it will get that lamb tikka from between my teeth   :D

Anyone else find they need to mod the little tooth pick?  :salute:

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Anyone thin a SAK tooth pic?
Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 01:01:44 AM
I don't know about you, but didn't the old (~90s vintage) toothpicks have a little hook at the end of them, too?

Plus, what's with the "large tweezers" on my Explorer Plus being the same length as the "small tweezers" on my Classic SD?  On that note, all of my 91mm and my one 111mm SAKs have the "small tweezers." ._.

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 02:16:15 AM
I don't know about you, but didn't the old (~90s vintage) toothpicks have a little hook at the end of them, too?
got a picture  :think: must say I've never seen one  ???

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 02:23:49 AM
If no-one beats me to it I'll get a shot of the different toothpicks tomorrow (much to late now).

Plus, what's with the "large tweezers" on my Explorer Plus being the same length as the "small tweezers" on my Classic SD?  On that note, all of my 91mm and my one 111mm SAKs have the "small tweezers." ._.

AFAIK the distinction is about the size of the SAK rather than the size of the tweezers.  So a "small" pair will fit in a 58mm or a 74mm SAK, a "large" pair will fit in a 84mm, 91mm or a 111mm.  It's all down to the angle of the gray plastic head and how it fits in the scale.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

br Offline M.TEX

Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 02:40:36 AM
 I did some mod years ago just because the tip was a little blunt...always work
 I doesn't , just get another one.... :D
M.TEX

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 03:12:54 AM
If no-one beats me to it I'll get a shot of the different toothpicks tomorrow (much to late now).

AFAIK the distinction is about the size of the SAK rather than the size of the tweezers.  So a "small" pair will fit in a 58mm or a 74mm SAK, a "large" pair will fit in a 84mm, 91mm or a 111mm.  It's all down to the angle of the gray plastic head and how it fits in the scale.

Well that makes me sad. :/  The groove on a 91mm scale matches the length of the larger toothpick, I just thought the tweezers were mixed up.  Why would they make a larger toothpick, but have the tweezers be the same length as the 58mm? o.O

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 09:44:48 AM
This is a stab in the dark, but my guess would be down to ease of manufacture.  They need to make a different angle on the head of the toothpick, but as the toothpick is made from a single piece of plastic they may as well make it a bit longer for the 'large' version.

Not the same story for the tweezers.  To make the different angled heads then all they need to make are little gray plastic bits different.  The metal 'legs' can be used on both large and small, so they've cut out a whole manufacturing process by having a part common to both.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 11:57:58 AM
Def did an article a couple of years back about toothpicks.  All you could wish to know :D

Personally I never use them.
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 05:46:54 PM
This is a stab in the dark, but my guess would be down to ease of manufacture.  They need to make a different angle on the head of the toothpick, but as the toothpick is made from a single piece of plastic they may as well make it a bit longer for the 'large' version.

Not the same story for the tweezers.  To make the different angled heads then all they need to make are little gray plastic bits different.  The metal 'legs' can be used on both large and small, so they've cut out a whole manufacturing process by having a part common to both.

That would be my guess.
I'm back!!

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 01:17:56 AM
Remember though, they now have the "Short" Tweezers for the new Digital Plus scales.  So they are now making two lengths.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%