Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What is it about the Swiss Army Knife

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Re: What is it about the Swiss Army Knife
Reply #30 on: September 08, 2009, 10:49:38 PM
My comment was meant as a joke, DTH, conjuring up memories of an old, but good, buddy of yours on here.,  LOL
I know. Just messin back. I figured the reference to the Chevy Vega would have made that obvious.  :D
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #31 on: September 08, 2009, 11:02:52 PM
I have nothing to add to this thread except that I just wanted so say that I have just read the comment under your avatar DTH.  :D
I'm back!!

00 Offline Bill.H

Reply #32 on: September 09, 2009, 05:56:18 AM
I'd like it to be known that while it's always the Vic guys who get blamed for shouting about the supposed "superiority" of their tool but once again it's the LM guys that actually started it. 

That's sig material there!   :D

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #33 on: September 09, 2009, 12:44:36 PM
I'd also feel naked without a SAK on me (outside, not in the house!)
A set of tools that you can trust that fit in your pocket.
I really like that, and like many I have a plier based MT always near, car, pack or something.

I luv my Spirit, but I don't need pliers often enough to carry it on me, but my SAK(s) I gotta have
with me when I walk out the front door.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 12:48:23 PM by WhichDawg »

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #34 on: September 09, 2009, 05:44:01 PM
I'd like it to be known that while it's always the Vic guys who get blamed for shouting about the supposed "superiority" of their tool but once again it's the LM guys that actually started it. 

That's sig material there!   :D

Don't take any notice Bill, all the Vic guys get defensive when you mention their dodgy drivers.  :D
I'm back!!

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: September 09, 2009, 07:48:37 PM
We're not near as bad as you LM guys, y'all whine like 3 year old girls when we mention that LM's rust.

Where's the rusty LM emoticon when I need it?  :D
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: September 10, 2009, 09:50:25 AM
Alright, break it up you two. ;)

:D :D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #37 on: September 10, 2009, 12:23:42 PM
He started it  :P
I'm back!!

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: September 10, 2009, 02:09:03 PM
Arguing is fun. Peace is boring. If I want to talk sweet nothings I'd talk to the wife. 

*DTH shudders*

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #39 on: September 10, 2009, 02:10:29 PM
Arguing is fun. Peace is boring. If I want to talk sweet nothings I'd talk to the wife. 

*DTH shudders*

And you don't want to be doing that mate!  :D
I'm back!!

00 Offline Bill.H

Reply #40 on: September 11, 2009, 05:40:06 AM

*DTH shudders*

And you don't want to be doing that mate!  :D

Yeah, but he didn't say whose wife   :D

us Offline Smitty44

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: September 11, 2009, 06:03:39 AM

I have nothing to add to this thread except that I just wanted so say that I have just read the comment under your avatar DTH.  :D

:cheers: ::) :b2t:

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #42 on: September 11, 2009, 07:05:02 AM
I'm relatively new to the SAK scene ... (hmmm, that sounded funny) Anyway, I totally get why the SAK is a tool readily grabbed in favor of or in addition to a plier based tool.  Now I do carry both when I go out.  What MT I grab is totally dependent on what I'm doing.  If I go out on the bike (usually it's usually the Juice).  If I'm at my sister's, it's usually the Wave or the Pulse because inevitably she will have a "project" for me to "help" with.  If I'm just going to be to out and about around town, store, mall, whatever then it's the Juice.  Since I started really getting into this SAK thing, I have added the red Cadet (because Kim gave it to me) and as of late, a stay glow Climber. :D  Cadet goes everywhere with me and I'm sure that I'll be rotating the other SAK's until I figure out which one I might need, want, or feel most comfortable with (until I change my mind that is).  A full sized MT is always in the bag I'm carrying regardless of where I go.  But I also constantly keep a SAK on me now too.  It is fun to change things out and actually get to use them.  Opening packages, prying open a can of something, opening letters, scraping gum off my shoe, lots and lots of uses.  I love it.
Gray
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #43 on: September 11, 2009, 07:42:04 AM
I guess as said the ease of carry is a big point. I can't pocket carry a MT, too heavy, and I don't like anything on my belt in daily activities. I keep a LM fuse in my bag but I don't always have it with me.

Offline andrea.from.roma

Reply #44 on: September 18, 2009, 12:36:10 AM
If I could, I'd bring a 'caddie' (I hope I've spelled it right) with me and just ask him for this or that MT/SAK depending on the occasion. Since I can't (yet...) I always have my Spirit with me. When I need something lighter, I'll go for a Climber (with the miniscrewdriver, that's an essential tool, because I wear glasses and that little thing 'saved my life' a couple of times). A full size MT makes me feel I have more options, it just feels good let's face it, but a 2/3 layers SAK is probably a more reasonable choice in terms of weight and it will cover most of the possible tasks.
R

gb Offline Screwtape

• I am the Toast King!!
Reply #45 on: September 18, 2009, 01:20:55 AM
I'm relatively new to the SAK scene ... (hmmm, that sounded funny) Anyway, I totally get why the SAK is a tool readily grabbed in favor of or in addition to a plier based tool.  Now I do carry both when I go out.  What MT I grab is totally dependent on what I'm doing.  If I go out on the bike (usually it's usually the Juice).  If I'm at my sister's, it's usually the Wave or the Pulse because inevitably she will have a "project" for me to "help" with.  If I'm just going to be to out and about around town, store, mall, whatever then it's the Juice.  Since I started really getting into this SAK thing, I have added the red Cadet (because Kim gave it to me) and as of late, a stay glow Climber. :D  Cadet goes everywhere with me and I'm sure that I'll be rotating the other SAK's until I figure out which one I might need, want, or feel most comfortable with (until I change my mind that is).  A full sized MT is always in the bag I'm carrying regardless of where I go.  But I also constantly keep a SAK on me now too.  It is fun to change things out and actually get to use them.  Opening packages, prying open a can of something, opening letters, scraping gum off my shoe, lots and lots of uses.  I love it.
Gray

I'm with GraysonK on this one, it entirely depends on what I'm doing for the day, not to mention living in the UK which often mean I choose a climber rather than something that locks  :(
"Hello! I am the Toast King and I rule over the Moon!"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD