Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

mutitool confiscated

taro68 · 11 · 1546

Offline taro68

mutitool confiscated
on: September 13, 2009, 10:59:00 PM
Looking on ebay for a PST i saw that in some auction MTs and SAK are on sale taken from airport stuff confiscated. I would like to know how they are on sale on ebay.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Re: mutitool confiscated
Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 11:09:53 PM
Confiscated items must become property of the airline I guess :think:  From there it's anyones guess as to who puts them on ebay and who gets the money.  The airline might sell boxes of knives/tools/contraband by the pound to a third party just to get it off their hands.

But the lesson I get from seeing those auctions is; don't try to get knives or tools beyond security at airports!  I don't ever plan on going through security at an airport in my life either until things change and as an American citizen and human being I'm able to use air travel without being subject to metal detectors, x-rays, pat downs and shoe removals.
[

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 11:12:43 PM
I was told that each airport disposes of confiscated items as they see fit. Some have contracts with 3rd parties, others simply throw them in the trash.
[

Offline Blackout

Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 11:41:04 PM
they throw them in the trash!(insert dumpster diving smiley)
"

us Offline Crouton

• No Life Club
  • "Live long and ..useful."
Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 11:53:30 PM
Some seem to end up as state property.  The seizures are probably not carried out by airlines.

I've lots of NTSA seized knifed and multis for sale by government entities on eBay.  It would be interesting to know just how that works.
:)

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 12:19:50 AM
I've looked into this in the hope of finding a cheap source of multitools, and what's been said already pretty well covers it.

Generally, any confiscated goods become the property of the local authorities, as they are confiscated on the basis that it isn't legal to carry them onto a plane. If you search on ebay, you'll find that many of the local authorities dispose of tools in the same way as they dispose of lost property, recovered stolen goods etc. I suppose it makes sense for them to sell them rather than destroy them if they are legal.

In the UK, they generally destroy the stuff, or so they told me when I offered to buy it!
I used to come here a lot.

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 12:30:44 AM
state and city goverments sell them in my experience

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 01:02:16 AM
If you search the forums, you'll find that I once received a knife that belonged to a neighbor's daughter. Bought it as a lot on ebay.  Damnest thing I ever saw.

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 01:46:19 AM
If you search the forums, you'll find that I once received a knife that belonged to a neighbor's daughter. Bought it as a lot on ebay.  Damnest thing I ever saw.

I remember that.
(

Offline Blackout

Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 01:50:46 AM

I remember that.

Me to,although it was before I registered.
I even told a few people about it, because what are the odds of that happening.
"

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 03:53:33 AM

That was pretty amazing! http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,10083.0.html
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%