Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My other hobby

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
My other hobby
on: September 18, 2009, 03:11:21 AM
Its coming close to start of season for my other hobby Waterfowl Hunting!!!!! Below are some pics of our blind we put out in the lake to hide from the birds and shoot them down. A lot of work goes into putting one out on the lake. We have to draw for the spots like a lottery. This year we got drawn first out of almost 600 people and there are only 72 spots on the lake available.

The first pic is without brush. The second is with brush.
duck blind.jpg
* duck blind.jpg (Filesize: 80.29 KB)
9616_1117824751810_1412731221_30306874_5827549_n.jpg
* 9616_1117824751810_1412731221_30306874_5827549_n.jpg (Filesize: 85.16 KB)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: My other hobby
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 03:51:31 AM
First draw eh? Damn, you guys were lucky! Actually, you're lucky to be able to go at all. My duck hunting buddy moved away last May, and with everything I've got going on it doesn't look like I'll be going this year. :(

Nice looking blind set up you have there by the way. :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 03:56:39 AM
First draw eh? Damn, you guys were lucky! Actually, you're lucky to be able to go at all. My duck hunting buddy moved away last May, and with everything I've got going on it doesn't look like I'll be going this year. :(

Hey, anytime you want to go hunting, give me a call.  I'm always up for some killing...er, I mean hunting.
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 03:56:56 AM

Yeah kind of a funny story its actually in my buddys 16yr olds name. He was fumbling with his license in line and they had 4 lines, so he was holding things up a bit. I grabbed him pulled him behind me and his number ended up getting pulled. We finished the day with 3 blinds total, 1st pull, 16th pull and 28th pull. We gave the other 2 away to guys that didnt get one. I am not a selfish person and feel everyone should get a chance and deserve a spot to hunt so we didnt need them just happened to still be there when they were drawn and offered them to other folks.

Last year was almost same deal. We got 3rd pull and 12th pull. There are only 6 in our group, 3 adults and 3 youths.

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 03:58:30 AM

Hey, anytime you want to go hunting, give me a call.  I'm always up for some killing...er, I mean hunting.

Where ya located?

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 04:06:02 AM
Mikey and I are both situated in the prime heart of the Michigan Flyway. We often see huge flocks of up to twelve ducks, sometimes even more!! :o ::) :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 04:13:33 AM
Im guessing more is the case I hope.....I just watched about 4 dozen fly over the house tree top height just at sundown its their nightly ritual. Its a shame i dont live in the country

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 04:14:50 AM
Mikey and I are both situated in the prime heart of the Michigan Flyway. We often see huge flocks of up to twelve ducks, sometimes even more!! :o ::) :D

Hell, I had 12 ducks in my back yard earlier this year.  If it wasn't for the neighbors being a bit squeamish about me killing things, there would have been a lot less ducks out there :P
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 04:18:55 AM
There's nothing quite like the whooshing noise of being buzzed by a flock of ducks is there? Teal are the best, they sound like little rockets. :)

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 04:22:19 AM
There fast little suckers they are small as well, but decent to eat.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 04:27:20 AM
So I was just looking at your location on the member's map RM. :) Do you mostly get just the local birds on the lake there, or do you get a lot of migrators too?

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 04:46:41 AM
start of season locals but late season when it gets cold up north everything starts to shift down and pass thru then as the season goes and the colder it gets they move out

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 04:50:38 AM
You gonna be totin' the Mossberg 935 again this year? :)

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 04:54:18 AM
yes sir good memory you have.....heading to Cabelas on Wednesday to pick up my decoys and some black cloud bbb 3.5's

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 05:00:06 AM
yes sir good memory you have.....heading to Cabelas on Wednesday to pick up my decoys and some black cloud bbb 3.5's

Triple B's?!! :o

You must have an early goose season in Ohio then?

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 01:05:45 PM
yes we do

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86