Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Is it a Deluxe Angler, or Deluxe Fisherman?

us Offline bren10man

Is it a Deluxe Angler, or Deluxe Fisherman?
on: September 18, 2009, 06:20:33 PM
I bought this in Seoul, Korea back in December.  This is the ONLY one I have ever seen and for sale.  Question is: is it a Deluxe Angler, or Deluxe Fisherman?  Anyone else got one?  I want to do an article on it on the Swiss Wiki (of which I am a member)......since it is NOT listed (same for the no-pliers but fish scaler Craftsman, and the soon to post STG-90 Assault Rifle Wenger SAK).

I added the corkscrew stored micro screwdriver after I bought it (that is SOP with all my Vic SAK's with corkscrew: add teh micro screwdriver if it did not come with one).

Pics (I used my Nikon D-90 to make these....):

MOLON LABE!

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Re: Is it a Deluxe Angler, or Deluxe Fisherman?
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 06:59:05 PM
I have one too and I came to the conclusion that it's an Angler? I might be wrong though. :D
Got those frog legs.

us Offline bren10man

Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 07:03:22 PM
I have one too and I came to the conclusion that it's an Angler? I might be wrong though. :D

did you buy it new or used?  When did you get it?  Obviously, mine is odd as it has:

- scissors rivet has flat blade screwdriver notch
- pliers do not have crimper
MOLON LABE!

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 07:09:49 PM
Your knife is obviously an unusual model since all the catalogs we have do not identify it. Since the pliers were not introduced until late 1985 it can not be any newer than that. The 1985 Vic catalog dose not have this knife or even a Pliers model Angler. The Angler at that time had Scissors and a Phillips Screwdriver but no Hook since that tool did not come out until later. Still looking and wondering.

us Offline bren10man

Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 07:11:16 PM
Your knife is obviously an unusual model since all the catalogs we have do not identify it. Since the pliers were not introduced until late 1985 it can not be any newer than that. The 1985 Vic catalog dose not have this knife or even a Pliers model Angler. The Angler at that time had Scissors and a Phillips Screwdriver but no Hook since that tool did not come out until later. Still looking and wondering.

I want to do a Wiki article on it....HELP ME!!!  Same for the other two knives I posted......
MOLON LABE!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD