Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do you do for a living???

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Re: What do you do for a living???
Reply #30 on: September 23, 2009, 02:44:44 AM
I am a Quality Engineer for an automobile seating systems MFG.

(Image removed from quote.)

I don't know if you're responsible for them or not but the Chevy Tahoe seats are the best ev4R!  It is the only vehicle where I can drive for back to back 600-800 mile days with absolutely no butt or back fatigue.  Really.  The best seats-especially the leather heated ones.  (I think their the same as the ones in my Chevy Silverado too  :think:)

The seats are my only complaint about Hondas--not enough back support for long drives--I have to bring a towel to make a lumbar roll.

Well unfortunately Honda is my business.....they are built for endurance and longevity. Comfort is there but for smaller people unfortunately. I am responsible for the 4Door accord and 2 door accord business.

We have an Element and an older Accord.  Great vehicles, but I'd like better lumbar support on long trips  :oops:

My company builds the Element!!!! we are the only ones in the world that produces them....may I ask what year Element and Accord?

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #31 on: September 23, 2009, 02:48:01 AM
I'm actually...

A superhero! I am the Indelible Poopshoe! I strike with ferocity at wrong-doers with my feared mystery poop-smeared shoe!

Is it human fecal matter? Cow? Elephant?! YOU DON'T KNOW!

The question haunts you as you curl into a fetal position, attempting to heave your last meal from your bowels...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 02:51:35 AM by Princess Pollywog »
Got those frog legs.

us Offline ari6126

• No Life Club
  • Colors!
Reply #32 on: September 23, 2009, 02:49:10 AM
I love the seats on 08 Honda Fit, but it could just be because I'm used to them.

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: September 23, 2009, 02:51:27 AM
Ive had the pleasure of watching them built from the ground up...very cool process. There is a lot going on with them before production even begins. Matter of fact I am heading to our testing facility tomorrow to test a couple seats

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #34 on: September 23, 2009, 03:49:39 AM
I am a Quality Engineer for an automobile seating systems MFG.

(Image removed from quote.)

I don't know if you're responsible for them or not but the Chevy Tahoe seats are the best ev4R!  It is the only vehicle where I can drive for back to back 600-800 mile days with absolutely no butt or back fatigue.  Really.  The best seats-especially the leather heated ones.  (I think their the same as the ones in my Chevy Silverado too  :think:)

The seats are my only complaint about Hondas--not enough back support for long drives--I have to bring a towel to make a lumbar roll.

Well unfortunately Honda is my business.....they are built for endurance and longevity. Comfort is there but for smaller people unfortunately. I am responsible for the 4Door accord and 2 door accord business.

We have an Element and an older Accord.  Great vehicles, but I'd like better lumbar support on long trips  :oops:

My company builds the Element!!!! we are the only ones in the world that produces them....may I ask what year Element and Accord?

It's a 2005.  It's the BEST vehicle we've ever owned (Element).  The AWD is unbelieveably good.  I've driven it down icy forest roads onto frozen lakes for ice climbing.  The interior ROCKS--so easy to clean.  My daughter has it now out in CO and uses it for climbing/camping.  We're gonna buy another (although I was sad to see that the sunroof is gone).  Any chance of putting a little diesel in there?   :D

The Accord is a 98 with 170,000 miles on it.  We bought it used to teach the kids to drive, but it's so good, we just can't sell it...

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: September 23, 2009, 03:54:30 AM
Good glad your happy with them...ever need anything for the Element seats let me know. I might be able to help within reason of course

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: September 23, 2009, 04:18:52 AM
I'm a self employed handy type guy . I have an extensive background in the electrical trades , and a lot of time in the electronic side of the security industry , Having been involved in a number of rennovations , I have aquired some plumbing skills ( dealing with highly distressed terra cotta and cast iron crap ) . The uniform of the day is whatever I say it is , and I carry whatever I feel is worth the weight penalty . Nobody pays the slightest bit of attention to my multi's and SAK's . I have done quite a bit of work in school boards , who given the nature of my duties don't seem at all concerned about what I carry , then again , I don't make a production of it either .

My multi of choice is either the Swisstool RS , or the Spirit ( either X or regular ) . With SAK's I'm all over the map , mostly a Farmer or Electrician Plus . Of late I have been carrying a GAK and a new Soldier quite a bit , these have tended to supplant my tactical stuff .

Chris

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #37 on: September 23, 2009, 11:14:43 AM
I'm actually...

A superhero! I am the Indelible Poopshoe! I strike with ferocity at wrong-doers with my feared mystery poop-smeared shoe!

The question haunts you as you curl into a fetal position, attempting to heave your last meal from your bowels...

Cool! But your EDC MT is ???
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: September 24, 2009, 12:08:05 AM
I'm actually...

Did I not mention my terrifying shoe? ???
Got those frog legs.

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: September 24, 2009, 12:28:12 AM
I'm actually...

That shoe is indeed terrifying.  The mere thought of it make me weep tears of woe.  Look ---> :cry: :cry:

But does it do anything other than destroy evil and protect the foot from the harsh ground?  Two functions is a poor multi.  Is there a BO variety?

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: September 24, 2009, 12:39:23 AM
I'm actually...

That shoe is indeed terrifying.  The mere thought of it make me weep tears of woe.  Look ---> :cry: :cry:

But does it do anything other than destroy evil and protect the foot from the harsh ground?  Two functions is a poor multi.  Is there a BO variety?

I don't really know if you can do the whole process on leather...

But it does serve as a rather inefficient hammer at times! And more! Emergency rations in desperate times I suppose, though I'd need to get it cleaned and sterilized before hand...
Got those frog legs.

Offline Blackout

Reply #41 on: September 24, 2009, 12:42:41 AM
I do electrical wiring on RVs.I get to hook up all the lights,breaker box,stereo,camera systems,
110 outlets,generators and blah blah.No really I love my job. ::) I do get to carry and use my
Surge and nobody has a problem with it. :tu:
"

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: September 24, 2009, 12:44:59 AM
I'm actually...

I don't really know if you can do the whole process on leather...

But it does serve as a rather inefficient hammer at times! And more! Emergency rations in desperate times I suppose, though I'd need to get it cleaned and sterilized before hand...

:D  And ruin the nutty flavour?

Offline Tom J.

• New User
Reply #43 on: September 24, 2009, 01:27:49 AM
work as a utility operator at an animal feed plant. No real set shift, just fill in as needed. I mainly carry my zilla tool, utility knife(cut open alot of ingredient bags), and a maglite with me. I was carrying a surefire 8nx a few years ago, but I lost it and they're not cheap to replace. The company had a big meeting a few months back to introduce us to our automatic retracting utility knives. Apparently someone got a paper cut somewhere with  a regular utility knife and now they're worried about something horrible happening. Everbody hates the new utility knives, even the supervisors.They're junk. They posted a notice about not using pocket knives, but I tell them its a multitool and all is well. Heck, even the supervisors still carry their pocket knives.

Offline sappyg

Reply #44 on: September 24, 2009, 02:33:13 AM
i for one am greatful to be in the presence of the Great and Powerful Poopshoe. we are not worthy of the the awe inspiring poo.
all hail Poopshoe......
i

Offline doinitall89

• He who is not busy living is busy dying -Bob Dylan
Reply #45 on: September 24, 2009, 04:56:16 AM
I'm a diesel mechanic at a bus dealership. I carry my Vic Swisstool on my belt and wouldn't be caught DEAD without it. It's saved me from running back to my toolbox more times than I can even begin to count (just not enough fingers to count them on).

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #46 on: September 24, 2009, 05:36:39 AM
At the moment I`m a assistant stork operator. Boring inside factory type work. But it pays the bills. I have carried alot of different tools. But most of the time it is a Super Tool ( original, 200, 300 ),  Core or a Power Lock.
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #47 on: September 24, 2009, 07:58:41 AM
As for what I do, I used to work in biology lab, do experiment, write research paper and all that. But right now I'm going through some extremely deep crap in life so unemployed.  :(

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: September 24, 2009, 01:05:21 PM
As for what I do, I used to work in biology lab, do experiment, write research paper and all that. But right now I'm going through some extremely deep crap in life so unemployed.  :(

I'm sad to hear that mate.  I hope you manage to get everything sorted and back to normal :tu:

us Offline EZ822

Reply #49 on: September 24, 2009, 06:51:58 PM
I am a hotel maintenance worker so an MT is pretty much part of the uniform. I carry a Core and the other 2 guys I work with carry Waves.
Erick

us Offline getpower

• More money, younger women, and older whiskey
Reply #50 on: September 24, 2009, 10:45:22 PM
See, that's what I'm talkin about.

I took the test to become a maininence engineer, but the economy is so bad that I'll probably have to take it again.

I scored pretty dang good too.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #51 on: September 24, 2009, 10:51:12 PM
Well I do really boring, non-manual stuff, but if the police ask, I absolutely need the locking blade on my Charge to do it  :P
I used to come here a lot.

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: September 24, 2009, 11:00:44 PM
Apparently I annoy my wife for a living.  Id say I use the SOG PPP most often to do that.

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #53 on: September 24, 2009, 11:29:13 PM
I'm a Children and Youth worker for a church, I have a Swisschamp and at least one multitool in the office, i get to have what i want in there really as it's away from the kids. Got a Rambler on my keys and some sort of multitool in my bag, have to be careful what i carry into schools when I go into them though. Do a lot of technical stuff for the church as well so having a multitool within grabbing distance is very handy. Never been told off for having any of it so i'm going to carry on until some one does :D
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

us Offline getpower

• More money, younger women, and older whiskey
Reply #54 on: September 25, 2009, 03:20:16 AM
And when someone does-tell em off and do it all over again.

hk Offline pong1303

• New User
Reply #55 on: September 25, 2009, 08:48:34 AM

When I am doing wiring, its easier to use wire strippers, crimpers, cutters and real screwdrivers rather than use a multitool at all.

When I was talked to, I was in a position where I just needed a screwdriver quick, and it was about 5 minutes to get one and come back because we are on boats off of a pier and tools are in the shop. Made sense to me, but apparently its the image I present, so apparently, its better to waste the time on the clock to go and get real tools.

I have the similar opinion with Getpower.
i am a power station operator. i trend to use a multitool rather than the REAL tool when i just need a screwdriver or spanner.
but its better to get the real tool when i am working with others...
I carry LM Wave or BO Powerlock in my pockey.

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #56 on: September 25, 2009, 09:51:48 AM

When I am doing wiring, its easier to use wire strippers, crimpers, cutters and real screwdrivers rather than use a multitool at all.

When I was talked to, I was in a position where I just needed a screwdriver quick, and it was about 5 minutes to get one and come back because we are on boats off of a pier and tools are in the shop. Made sense to me, but apparently its the image I present, so apparently, its better to waste the time on the clock to go and get real tools.

I have the similar opinion with Getpower.
i am a power station operator. i trend to use a multitool rather than the REAL tool when i just need a screwdriver or spanner.
but its better to get the real tool when i am working with others...
I carry LM Wave or BO Powerlock in my pockey.

Welcome to the forum  :cheers:
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #57 on: September 25, 2009, 10:22:16 AM
Welcome pong1303. I think you might be our first poster from Hong Kong. Cool  8)
I used to come here a lot.

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Reply #58 on: September 25, 2009, 12:23:39 PM
Welcome to the forum, Pong1303! :cheers:

gb Offline Screwtape

• I am the Toast King!!
Reply #59 on: September 25, 2009, 12:42:24 PM
Hi pong1303  :D

I work in a theatre so for a day working on stage i carry a full size multi currently a Spirit but on an office day I pick up something slimmer normally a climber, but recently I've been using a Crucial.

I've also got a Midnight manager on my work keys so never with out a pen
"Hello! I am the Toast King and I rule over the Moon!"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69