Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Farmer love

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Farmer love
Reply #30 on: September 25, 2009, 10:15:50 PM
i'm not a big fan of plain ole silver alox. Bring on the colours!

:like:    :MTO:

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: September 25, 2009, 10:30:44 PM
As much as I love the Alox, I think the whole idea of the SAK is to find the one (or more) that meet your needs.  I think of the Alox knives as more on the minamalist side, but as it has more than proven its self in the service of soldiers for several decades I know that it's a very capable tool.  Sometime I'm lazy though and I want scissors, which is why I carry a modified Alox.

We all love SAKs here, but this is a Farmer thread.  Maybe we need an Explorer Love thread for balance.

:sak:

Offline hingysaid

Reply #32 on: September 26, 2009, 01:00:17 AM

I love my farmer.... great alox finish, over sized main blade.... together with the saw and other bit and pieces it's a cracking all round knife.

10 outta 10    : :sak:

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #33 on: September 26, 2009, 01:01:24 AM
No need to get snippy ringzero. But when you post in a thread called "FARMER LOVE" and you say you don't like it it seems pretty obvious that other people are going to disagree with you.

I love the Farmer because it is robust, if I drop it the scales aren't going to fall off. I love the beefy tools. I love the looks. With it's looks and robustness it's equally at home at a white tie dinner or a battlefield. And if the tweezers and toothpick are that important then no, you're not gonna like the Farmer.

However, I will not carry a knife that does not give me an option for Phillips screws and for the the Vic can opener works well enough to satisfy me, and obviously a LOT of other people too. Will it grab a Phillips screw head like a Snap-On screwdriver? Of course not but it's a SAK. They're meant for emergencies. If I know I'm going to need a Phillips screwdriver I will grab a dedicated tool, but that's the case for ANY tool on a SAK. Even the blade.

So, if you don't like the Farmer, or any alox knife that's fine. I don't care. That's why Victorinox makes several models. But I don't know why you're getting pissy. It's like you're taking it personal that we don't share your views.

So I guess I'm sorry but for what I don't know. I just love my Farmer and thought I would talk about it.  
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 01:05:59 AM by ducktapehero »
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #34 on: September 26, 2009, 01:48:06 AM
No need to get snippy ringzero. But when you post in a thread called "FARMER LOVE" and you say you don't like it it seems pretty obvious that other people are going to disagree with you.
So, if you don't like the Farmer, or any alox knife that's fine. I don't care. That's why Victorinox makes several models. But I don't know why you're getting pissy. It's like you're taking it personal that we don't share your views.

Sorry that you think my posts are snippy - nothing personal was intended.  Sorry that you think I'm "getting pissy" because I won't follow the party line of unabashed Farmer love.

If you want threads without any differences of opinion - where for example everyone posts only about how much they love their Farmer - well, I think that would get boring pretty fast.

I see no problem with posting differing opinions so long as everyone involved remains respectful.

I think that I should be able to post my opinions regarding any knife or tool here on MTO.

My opionion may be in the minority but that doesn't bother me, although it does seem to bother some people.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 01:49:45 AM by ringzero »
N

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #35 on: September 26, 2009, 02:36:57 AM
I hate the new bit drivers on late model Leathermans. I think i'm in the minority on that.
:like:    :MTO:

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: September 26, 2009, 04:20:09 AM
You are not alone .

Chris

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #37 on: September 26, 2009, 09:38:19 AM
Let's keep it polite gentleman :police:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #38 on: September 26, 2009, 09:52:29 AM
While I can't decide if I should carry my BO Spirit S or my LM Wave today the Farmer is already in my pocket and that where its staying  :D

Dunc

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: September 26, 2009, 02:07:23 PM
I think the Farmer is a true piece of Industrial art , Everything hangs together , in a tight tough package . DTH nailed it , it works in a tux , or in mud covered BDU's . I think the original Leatherman wave , and the Spirit share the same aura .

Chris

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: September 26, 2009, 09:42:18 PM
Sorry that you think my posts are snippy - nothing personal was intended.  Sorry that you think I'm "getting pissy" because I won't follow the party line of unabashed Farmer love.

If you want threads without any differences of opinion - where for example everyone posts only about how much they love their Farmer - well, I think that would get boring pretty fast.
I just thought you were taking it personal. I guess I was wrong. I apologize. I mean, getting our feelings hurt because we like different SAK's is silly. But it's all cool now. Just a communication problem due to not actually getting to talk in person. Sometimes it's difficult to "feel" if a person is really upset or is just messin. I still love ya, in a strictly platonic way of course.

Let's keep it polite gentleman
Who you calling a gentleman?!?!?!  >:( >:( >:(

http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #41 on: September 26, 2009, 10:09:43 PM
Sorry that you think my posts are snippy - nothing personal was intended.  Sorry that you think I'm "getting pissy" because I won't follow the party line of unabashed Farmer love.

Let's keep it polite gentleman
Who you calling a gentleman?!?!?!  >:( >:( >:(

Opps, my mistake :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #42 on: September 27, 2009, 08:30:22 AM
Sorry that you think my posts are snippy - nothing personal was intended.  Sorry that you think I'm "getting pissy" because I won't follow the party line of unabashed Farmer love.

I just thought you were taking it personal. I guess I was wrong. I apologize. I mean, getting our feelings hurt because we like different SAK's is silly. But it's all cool now. Just a communication problem due to not actually getting to talk in person. Sometimes it's difficult to "feel" if a person is really upset or is just messin. I still love ya, in a strictly platonic way of course.

Wish you were here so I could give you a big ole hug, DTH.

I like you so much that I wish you could come over to my house and f**k my sister.  Afterwards, we could hold hands while we take a long walk together in the beautiful moonlight.  ;>

N

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: September 27, 2009, 10:26:36 PM
LMAO!!!!!! How about a long hot shower into the wee hours of the morning?

OK I'm officially weirded out right now.  :o

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #44 on: September 27, 2009, 11:02:49 PM
[

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: September 27, 2009, 11:08:29 PM
LMAO!!!!!! How about a long hot shower into the wee hours of the morning?

OK I'm officially weirded out right now.  :o
I hope you made it to the washroom or at least the sink before letting go.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%