Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Random Tool Using Tips 1062

No Life Club Posts: 1,956 Marsh-wiggle
Random Tool Using Tips
« on: May 17, 2007, 03:15:13 AM »
So lets here them! How have you learned to use your multi better?

I'll start us off with a couple of my own:

1- When using my Leatherman's screwdrivers, I usually open the screwdriver handle all the way. This way the tool is like one long screwdriver, and the end of the other handle lines right up with the driver so I can use the tool like a normal screwdriver. This works especially well on the Juice models. It really speeds things up (once I was working with a guy to take down a whiteboard, and after he started working on his screw, I pulled my KF4 out and had my half done before him. No reason that I should have felt so smug about it, but...  :angel: )

2- If you're using a tool where the knife opens from the inside (ie blast,fuse,kick), and you want to get closer to the thing you're cutting, just open the pliars up and use it like that. Fills the hand and is really very comfortable as far a knives go.

3- If you're clamping down on something thats big enough so that the handles are too far apart to get a good squeeze, open up some of the screwdrivers to give some more leverage (doesn't work well on wave/charge types, but works well on juice or kick/fuse/blast.

Lets here some more, including if you've found any cool ways to carry.  :)
Admin Team Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 23,213
Re: Random Tool Using Tips
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 02:06:37 AM »
Not ignoring you here NeitherExtreme, I just can't think of any good ones to add to your list!  :-\

I do like your #1 and #2 ideas though!    (Never had an occasion to try #3)

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools
No Life Club Posts: 2,886
Re: Random Tool Using Tips
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 02:23:43 AM »
I've used #1 and #2. I like #1, makes using the bit driver on the LM Charge much easier.

"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
July Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: $20.00
PayPal Fees: $1.35
Net Balance: $18.65
Below Goal: $281.35
Site Currency: USD