Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Zebra F-701 Pen

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Zebra F-701 Pen
on: December 05, 2009, 08:27:11 AM
Hi again,
I was thinking that I've had to explain this pen a lot lately (today to Kim's doctor after her procedure) so I thought I'd do a small review. 

http://www.zebrapen.com/products/pen/f-701?c=30

I used to use the Zebra F-301 all the time.  And they are still marvelous pens.  But then I discovered it's bigger but no less fabulous brother and doubt I will ever use anything else ever again.
It's all stainless steel with great grip.  I can use it with gloves on or without wet hands or dry and it never slips or anything like that.  It's fine point which I am very very picky about and ball point.  To me it weighs no more than the F-301 and is a lot beefier so it fits and feels better in my hand when I'm writing. 
Even if I wanted to annoy someone by clicking the pen over and over again I couldn't because you can only barely hear it click which is more of a nice fiddly feature than anything else.  And the pocket clip is really really strong.  It never falls out of my chest pocket of my scrub shirt and often gets tangled up on the little strip of fabric in my scrub jacket pocket that I clip it to.  It's really strong. 
As far as writing goes it's flawless.  Never fails me.  Moves very smoothly across whatever I'm writing on with ease.  It practically writes by itself.  Just let the weight of the pen provide contact and move your hand.  I know that kind of seems like "duh" but I've had pens that were so contrary that you had to spend several seconds getting the tip in just the right position with the just the right amount of pressure or movement of your hand to get it to write.  It's a beautiful pen.  And it isn't overly expensive, especially for what you get.  I've tried all kinds of pens because I'm extremely picky about what I write with.  IMO, this pen is perfect.  It's not too flashy, maybe not the absolute best but it's pretty darn good.  Oh, and it's a tank.  I've had the same one for several months (just replace the ink when it runs out) and it's been dropped, thrown, sat on, stepped on, dropped in a wash basin full of water and it's still working flawlessly.  Ok, I did have to replace the ink after I dropped it in the water, but it was getting ready to run out anyway. 
Oh, and I should mention that it doesn't have that problem that other ball point pens I've run into have with seeming to spontaneously unscrew all the time.  That's a big pet peeve of mine with pens.  This one just doesn't do that at all. 
It's a great pen and I highly highly recommend picking one up if you have a mind to...definitely worth it.   :cheers:
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Re: Zebra F-701 Pen
Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 08:33:51 AM
Great writeup, Kelly..  :tu:

I was thinking that I've had to explain this pen a lot lately (today to Kim's doctor after her procedure) so I thought I'd do a small review.  
Whay am I not surprised..?  ;)  :D

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 08:40:11 AM

LOL!  I know, right?  She had just finished with Kim and started mumbling about needing a pen.  I had mine in my pocket and just handed it to her.  She took without really thinking about it, wrote whatever she needed to write then was handing it back to me and noticed it.  She loved it.  Spent several moments turning it over in her hand and "oohing and awwing".  I offered it to her.  It's my fave but she'd just taken care of my girl and she liked it so I told her she could keep it.  She was genuinely shocked.  But she thanked me and declined.  Her nurse asked me about it after the doc left and I told her where to get one.  I also told a nurse at work the other night where to get one these and a stainless steel sharpie for her husband for Christmas. LOL
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 08:48:58 AM

LOL!  I know, right?  She had just finished with Kim and started mumbling about needing a pen.  I had mine in my pocket and just handed it to her.  She took without really thinking about it, wrote whatever she needed to write then was handing it back to me and noticed it.  She loved it.  Spent several moments turning it over in her hand and "oohing and awwing".  I offered it to her.  It's my fave but she'd just taken care of my girl and she liked it so I told her she could keep it.  She was genuinely shocked.  But she thanked me and declined.  Her nurse asked me about it after the doc left and I told her where to get one.  I also told a nurse at work the other night where to get one these and a stainless steel sharpie for her husband for Christmas. LOL
"Shh, Kim I know you're in pain but I telling the nice Docter about my Zebra pen..."  :D
It's just been added to my wishlist...  ;)

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 09:00:16 AM
LOL!  I'm not THAT bad!!  It was pretty surreal though.  Kim laughed at me. 

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 11:42:06 AM
That looks a great pen Kelly, the only down side for me is that I prefer a medium point pen.  But at least I'm with you on the maker, I've been carrying a F.301 ULTRA (black ink) for a couple of years now and absolutely love it. :tu:

http://www.cultpens.com/acatalog/Zebra_F-301_Ultra_Ballpoint.html
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 04:21:56 PM
That looks a great pen Kelly, the only down side for me is that I prefer a medium point pen.  But at least I'm with you on the maker, I've been carrying a F.301 ULTRA (black ink) for a couple of years now and absolutely love it. :tu:

According to Zebra's site, they do make medium refills:  http://www.zebrapen.com/products/refills :)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 05:10:58 PM

According to Zebra's site, they do make medium refills:  http://www.zebrapen.com/products/refills :)

Well spotted mate. :tu: I think it may be that they don't sell the F.701 with a medium, but it takes the medium refill.  Humm, looks like I need to go add a pen to my wish list. ::) :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 07:43:25 PM
You won't regret it Gareth, they are as great as the lady says  :tu:

Nice write up too  :D
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 09:24:48 PM
You won't regret it Gareth, they are as great as the lady says  :tu:

Nice write up too  :D

Thanks Nuph! 
Gareth,
I didn't know they sold medium point refills for them either, but I'm a fine point kinda gal...:D   (Uh oh, I'm pretty sure I just opened myself up for something but I'm not sure what.... :think: )

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 09:32:15 PM
Been using the F-701 for quite awhile its one of my favorites.   :tu:
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 10:50:37 PM
+1 They are great pens. Especially for the price.
"

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 10:54:01 PM
+1 They are great pens. Especially for the price.

To true and wonderful to write with  ;)

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 12:43:07 AM
Don't forget they are very easy to mod to take a fisher refill if you like them.  I did a pictorial for it a few months ago in the Modding section.

us Offline Smitty44

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 06:19:26 AM
I have the F-301,F-301 Compact,and the F-701,and love all three,great write up Kelly,and hope that Kim is doing Ok now.
 :cheers:& :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD