Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone have an Ipod Touch or iPhone?

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Anyone have an Ipod Touch or iPhone?
on: September 14, 2009, 11:05:05 PM
A buddy at work needed some cash and sold me his Ipod Touch at a good price. I didn't think I wouldn't be getting much maybe just a really cool MP3 player. Man was I wrong. I have come to love this thing. Music, videos, games, TV shows, internet in your pocket and tons of apps from the app store. It has everything. I live in a small town so I didn't think I would find any wireless areas around but it seems lots of places have it and I am able to go online while out and about. Surfing is pretty easy with the touch screen and the games for it are pretty cool. Anyone have one of these little wonders and if so what apps do you like? Right now my favorites are Pandora (Streaming internet radio), USA Today (good for quick updates on news),  Flixter (find movie times on any theater, watch trailers and read reviews) ,  Distant Suns (shows what the night sky would look like form your location including planets, constellations ect.). Some cool games I have been playing include Vegas pool, Ping Pong, Modern Combat: Sandstorm, old school LED football and Gangstar.

Some shots:

MT.O

fun GTA clone Gangstar

LED Football
"

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Re: Anyone have an Ipod Touch or iPhone?
Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 11:12:23 PM
had one, not anymore, sold it with my old phone to get me a E71 :tu:
A

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 11:13:32 PM
Makes me want one real bad. Having a internet connection on a mp3 just makes perfect sense. That is nice.

btw...they make this film called Invishield developed for helicopter blades ...but now for use on iphone, itouches and the like. Keep that face scratchless. I have it on my Zune. 2 years and still looking good.
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 11:15:30 PM
Makes me want one real bad. Having a internet connection on a mp3 just makes perfect sense. That is nice.

btw...they make this film called Invishield developed for helicopter blades ...but now for use on iphone, itouches and the like. Keep that face scratchless. I have it on my Zune. 2 years and still looking good.
I have some Invishield on mine right now :tu:. Great stuff. 
"

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 11:21:56 PM
I bought my wife a refurbished one from the Apple store about a year and half ago.  She loves it, and I use every now and then when I don't wait to boot up my laptop.  I'll probably end up buying her a newer one and snagging her old one.

us Offline Crouton

• No Life Club
  • "Live long and ..useful."
Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 11:41:10 PM
Would you believe I have 3 iPhones and an iPod touch?

One was given to me, one I got cheap ($75), one I carry (iPhone 3GS Love the GPS), and an iPod Touch I was given as an award at work.

They are great machines, the extras i use as remotes for an internet Streaming appliance I got called a Sonos ZP120 http://www.sonos.com/whattobuy/ZP120/

They are very cool devices.  I recommend checking out the following apps:

Reqall - voice to text transcription and it emails you the transcription and the original voice recording, FREE
iNet - Network scanner and port scanner.  cheap
Air Mouse - turns your iPhone or iPod touch into a touch pad for a pc.  $5?
VNC - complete remote desktop of any pc or mac running VNC.  Free.
Shazam - Music recognition, very cool. free.
Rhapsody - Free app but $15 subscription to Rhapsody, access to millions of songs, listen to whole albums.
:)

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 03:14:26 AM
I have a 32G touch . It's my PDA , I use it to access free wifi when traveling . I used it as my only computer between the time my Sony Viao committed Hari Kari . and my getting a Macbook . Great machine !

Chris

Offline Foskey

Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 08:51:31 PM
I have / had two iPhones and a 16GB Touch. Fantastic piece of technology. Convenience and hundreds of hours of entertainment is a complete understatement for these phones / mobile media players.

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 03:57:20 AM
I saw this ad Sunday PM on Craigs list

16gig black iPod Touch ( Generation 2 ) with rubber case and all packaging.

160gig Apple TV with all packaging and remote control

$200 for both

Well today I went to buy them

Both were 3 months old in great shape

Set up the iPod when I got home, transferred all my files, got WiFi working with my iMac

Tomorrow I'll do the Apple TV

Questions..

Anyone use an application called Handbrake  to copy DVDs to MP4 fromat for iPods and Apple TV

Anyone use Boxee with Apple TV

What applications have you added to your iPod Touch

TIA

Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 04:03:13 AM
Anyone use an application called Handbrake  to copy DVDs to MP4 fromat for iPods and Apple TV
Handbrake is what I use to put movies on my IPod Touch. It's worked good and haven't had any problems. Done it with 6 movies so far. You have to use another program called DVD43 also to get around the DVD inscription then use Handbrake to convert the movie to MP4 format. 
"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD