Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

If you had to choose just one? 3315

No Life Club Posts: 2,887
If you had to choose just one?
« on: September 23, 2006, 05:29:09 AM »
I know that most of us have more than one multitool.  And we each have our favorites for one reason or another. What I was wondering is what tool you would choose if you were to be stranded somewhere and could only have one. My choice would have to be the Vic Swisstool. It's size, sturdiness, durability and tool selection pluses.

"
Sr. Member Posts: 338
Re: If you had to choose just one?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 05:38:26 AM »

I it depends on where you are stranded.. In a building? Highway? Desert Island??? Mountains??

IMO a tool with all the driver gadgets would be useless on an Island or in the montains or desert. Unless you needed it to just start your car. In that case call triple AAA or hitch a ride.

I would think the tool bits and screwdriver would become usless and all you would need is the Blade, file and saw. So I pick the Core.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 05:03:29 PM by colubrid »
No Life Club Posts: 2,887
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 06:06:44 AM »
That's the thing when picking a tool. It's like old saying "the right tool for the right job"  I was just wondering because I have been watching SurivorMan the past month on the Discovery channel.  And Less Stroud always seems to either be using the old LM Wave or the SwissTool. There have been episodes where he was stranded in the mountians, in the desert, on an island, even on a life raft.  His web site says he likes LM tools the best but on many of his episodes he using a Swisstool.

"
Admin Team Zombie Apprentice Posts: 11,014 Aggressive in defence
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 10:55:48 AM »
There can only be one .............  SWISSTOOL  ;D
Full Member Posts: 113 Skint Brit!!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 07:35:24 PM »
If I had to have only one multi it would have to do as many tasks as possible so I think the Swiss Tool would win.  As it as the most tools and all the screwdrivers are not stuby.  That said, the Wave/Charge would have one hand opening blades which could replace a knife.

E
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 08:13:00 PM »
I vote for a Swisstool with the LM outside opening blades and the SOG Powerlocks gears

and Cores hollow ground screwdrivers and the scissors from.....
and and and
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 08:23:52 PM »
If you have not read this yet, then this is a great read on the Core:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=417941&highlight=core
Admin Team Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 23,213
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 03:20:39 AM »
Thanks colubrid. I spoke to Mike earlier this week. Sounds like he still likes his new Core about as much as you like yours!  :)

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools
Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 62,502 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 03:31:58 AM »
Come on guys, spend some time talking about tools I already have... I can't afford to keep getting new ones at this rate!
Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.
Hero Member Posts: 756
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 04:35:46 AM »
If limited to only one, I would definitely choose my Original SwissTool.  It has been used and abused and continues to serve me well. 
Newbie Posts: 44
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 05:44:28 AM »
1st and foremost I'd choose a Lightsabre

since I only own an older wave and super tool, I'd say wave one handed, scissors, comfort

H
Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 62,502 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 01:03:13 PM »
1st and foremost I'd choose a Lightsabre

That wouldn't be much of a multitool, unless you got one with pliers!
Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.
Newbie Posts: 44
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 05:40:24 PM »
allright a lightsaber w/a swisstool in the handle

H
Admin Team Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 23,213
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 08:24:37 PM »

:D

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools
No Life Club Posts: 1,633 4x4 since '74
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2006, 08:28:06 PM »
All the Swisstool recommendations are inspiring.  I ordered a Swisstool X today.

Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2006, 09:13:03 PM »
Gotta love peer pressure.  The X model is perhaps my favorite as well.  I really like having the scissors, plus the X has standard Victorinox scissors so spare parts are readily available.
To me that's the one benefit of the X over the Spirit.
Def

Newbie Posts: 11
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 02:58:25 AM »
if i could only have one it woul be a lm charge, the scissors are a little small but its just a great tool imho.
Sr. Member Posts: 323
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 04:03:10 AM »
All the Swisstool recommendations are inspiring.  I ordered a Swisstool X today.

If you don't mind me asking where did you order from?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
January Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: $62.47
PayPal Fees: $4.40
Net Balance: $58.07
Below Goal: $241.93
Site Currency: USD
19%