Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What Skeletool Models/Modifications Would You Like To See?

Offline gadgetman7

We've touched on this before but the new posts started me thinking about it again. I'd like to see a version with a three inch knife and full size pliers. I'd also like to see a version for airline use with scissors instead of the knife. Maybe Leatherman could even get it TSA approved.

What would you guys like?

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Re: What Skeletool Models/Modifications Would You Like To See?
Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 07:30:00 AM
A knifeless one with a file would be nice.
(

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 10:25:23 AM
Stronger pliers , I seem to read alot about the pliers breaking .

Dunc

us Offline Deere Man

Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 05:52:57 PM
I too think a Knifeless version would be a good choice.  I think something that had folding pliers, a bit kit, and maybe some decent scissors would be a great addition to the line for our friends across the pond, for carrying when a knife just isn't a good idea, and possibly for air travel, .  Hopefully if Leatherman did something like this, they would take the time to work with the TSA to make sure that the tool was ok for air travel.  I think it would be nice to have a Leatherman with just pliers and basic non-pointy, non-sharp tools that a person could take anywhere without having to worry about having it confiscated by some goverment employee on a power trip.  Supplement this sheeple friendly tool with a SAK, and now you've got everything you need when in a knife friendly environment.  I don't know that I personally have a large need for a tool such as this, but I think it's a market share that Leatherman is missing out on.  How many modern full size tools are out there that don't have blade, or even a non-locking blade.  Not too many. 

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 07:01:34 PM
Remove the carabiner/bottle opener.  Oh wait, that would be my unicorn, my golden goose, aka a Freestyle with a bit driver.   :D
[

Offline wild_weasel

Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 04:50:02 PM
For the most part I'm happy with my Skeletool with Bit Kit as is.  The only thing I'd like to see is a better edge of the knife blade from the factory.

Cheers,
W-W

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 05:05:34 PM
Remove the carabiner/bottle opener.  Oh wait, that would be my unicorn, my golden goose, aka a Freestyle with a bit driver.   :D

Here you go 1jump.

Problem solved. :D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 06:48:37 PM

Here you go 1jump.

(Image removed from quote.)

I was thinking about using my Dremel.  I saw a picture of that mod someone on another forum did.  It didn't look bad but the bit driver might need to be recessed just a bit.  It seemed to extend out just a bit too far for pocket carry. :ahhh   And that was without a bit in it.  I only have the standard Skeletool with a plain edge blade.  I'm not sure I want to cut that one up.  I want to buy a Skeletool CX with plain edge blade for my collection.  Once I get one I will buy another standard Skeletool, regardless of blade type to mod.  I still want to see Leatherman put a bit driver on a Freestyle though.
[

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 09:58:45 PM
I still need a 2HO model..  :P

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 10:57:15 PM
Add a file.

us Offline ari6126

• No Life Club
  • Colors!
Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 10:59:45 PM

Here you go 1jump.

I was thinking about using my Dremel.  I saw a picture of that mod someone on another forum did.  It didn't look bad but the bit driver might need to be recessed just a bit.  It seemed to extend out just a bit too far for pocket carry. :ahhh   And that was without a bit in it.  I only have the standard Skeletool with a plain edge blade.  I'm not sure I want to cut that one up.  I want to buy a Skeletool CX with plain edge blade for my collection.  Once I get one I will buy another standard Skeletool, regardless of blade type to mod.  I still want to see Leatherman put a bit driver on a Freestyle though.

This looks like what you were talking about:
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,7595.msg150345.html#msg150345

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 12:34:09 AM
Not necessarily a skeletool mod but I would like to see Leatherman have a tool that you can swap implements out very quickly and offer the tools as accessories for what you want.

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 04:39:05 AM

Here you go 1jump.

This looks like what you were talking about:
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,7595.msg150345.html#msg150345

That is a picture of a Skeletool mod I haven't seen before.  That one is done much better.  The other one I saw they didn't even leave the hole to cover the bit in the bit driver.  It just didn't have the bit in it.  The one in the picture you posted looks better.  It's giving me an itchy Dremel trigger finger.  :D
[

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 04:47:09 PM
Not necessarily a skeletool mod but I would like to see Leatherman have a tool that you can swap implements out very quickly and offer the tools as accessories for what you want.
I'd like this to become industry standard.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 10:07:48 PM

I wonder if that is why SOG only has a few models?  :think:  I've modified two of the three SOG's I own with the tool lineup I wanted.  The one I didn't modify was the PowerAssist and to me it's more of a novelty because of the assisted opening blades.
[

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 12:35:08 AM

I wonder if that is why SOG only has a few models?  :think:  I've modified two of the three SOG's I own with the tool lineup I wanted.  The one I didn't modify was the PowerAssist and to me it's more of a novelty because of the assisted opening blades.

just be cool to have the option....I would have multiple with various different setups. I know I know thats why they have different models but its not the same.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 02:50:13 AM
I know I know thats why they have different models but its not the same.
Yep, I'd LOVE to have a Kick plus a saw and an awl with non locking implements so it could be carried anywhere.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%