Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

LM has a customer for life.

us Offline IrishMike

LM has a customer for life.
on: July 06, 2010, 06:47:49 PM
Hi all,

I got a Skeletool for my birthday last year and while working on an electrical box, one of the plier-jaws on my tool broke right off.

I sent in my precious Skeletool off to LM to see what they would do.

I was saddened though because I knew from reading these forums that "Skele" would probably come back with the combo-edge.  :(

I asked in my warranty note if they could somehow keep the plain edge, that would be great, but I understood if it wasn't possible.

I picked up a Charge TTI on ebay for $60 (gently used) and "broke it in" while I waited to see what LM would do for me.

THIS is what I got back!

My Skele Mark II (I like to think of this guy as my K9 from Dr. Who) is really stiff, but that should wear-in... I'm SO thankful to LM for not only heeding my request, but to put the more expensive material blade was a really nice touch!

Thanks Leatherman!

-Mike

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Re: LM has a customer for life.
Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 07:03:47 PM
IMO,

Leatherman is a top flight company that puts out a high quality product designed and built for work.  Lately, I've been EDC'ing my Skeletool a lot and I am amazed how good this tool is.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 07:05:56 PM
I agree. One of the reasons why I decided to focus on Leathermans when I first started to collect multi-tools.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 07:24:20 PM
Agreed.  I've tried Sog, I've tried Gerber, I even had a Buck tool for a while, but Leatherman is always the MT that's I've come back to.  Never tried a Swisstool, though.

us Offline IrishMike

Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 07:38:09 PM
Agreed.  I've tried Sog, I've tried Gerber, I even had a Buck tool for a while, but Leatherman is always the MT that's I've come back to.  Never tried a Swisstool, though.

My first MT was a Gerber sport 600, used the crap out of it until it was stolen while my wife was borrowing it.

Replaced that with a Gerber suspension... something about it just turns me off, I think it is the ridiculously short blades and heavy weight.

I basically stopped carrying a MT for years after I got the suspenstion, it just sat in my laptop bag... now it lives in the kitchen utility drawer.

Since getting my Skeletool, I bought the bit set which I EDC and picked-up a Charge to fill the gap while Skele was in the shop (and I think it's a Cadillac of MT's).

I also picked-up a Micra so I have a lot of the tools on my keychain that the Skele lacks.

The Skeletool is a great fit for someone who needs a knife, bottle-opener and good screwdriver on their belt.

-Mike

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 04:03:35 AM
I'm still packing a Skeletool as my EDC. :tu:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 04:23:00 AM
 :o They did do you good :D Glad to hear it :tu: I love my PE Skeley as well :cheers:

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 07:25:34 PM
I agree Leatherman customer service and Skeletools are great.
Mike
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 08:52:11 AM
The service with Leatherman is just awesome.  They always come through for their customers.  I have never had a bad experience with their Customer Service department, and they always send me a brand new tool. (I've had to warranty three tools  :-\ , they were well loved).  As far as I'm concerned, Leatherman and Victorinox will always be my prime choice for carry anywhere.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 01:53:43 PM
Ive tried a few MT's now including the swisstool and its still LM for me, everyone has there reasons but i guess for me it was the first MT i owned and looks like it will be the last  :D

paul

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 07:01:22 PM
Ive tried a few MT's now including the swisstool and its still LM for me, everyone has there reasons but i guess for me it was the first MT i owned and looks like it will be the last  :D

paul

All I own are LM's and SAK's at the moment, but I'm sure a gerber octane will add itself someday. 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%