Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Lockpicking and lock picking tools

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Lockpicking and lock picking tools
on: May 21, 2007, 01:24:37 AM
I've been thinking of giving lockpicking a try, it seems like a very handy skill.  I've read that there's a printable lockpicking guide online written by someone at MIT that's pretty user friendly. 

But where could I obtain the tools?  I'm sure they can be handmade, but starting out I'm guessing a specialized set of picks is the best way to go.  Has anyone ever gotten into lockpicking?
[

Offline knife-man

Re: Lockpicking and lock picking tools
Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 02:07:16 AM
yes ... i was pretty handy with it in my time ... TBH I don't think it is worth it It take a while and there are lock's that you just cant do .. no matter how hard you try.

For me the only lock I ever needed to open ( a pretty lady had invited me in but lost her key's  ;) ) was of course the first lock that I failed to open .. making me look like a pillock and losing me my nookie at the same time  >:(.

Lock pick set's are easy to come by if you search

http://www.lockpicksonline.com/tutorials/

Tutorials seems to have multiplied since my time as well ... I had to learn it the hard way .. trial and error.
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 03:12:07 AM
For me the only lock I ever needed to open ( a pretty lady had invited me in but lost her key's  ;) ) was of course the first lock that I failed to open ..

...and I imagine it is even more difficult to do under that kind of pressure!   :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 03:12:43 AM
As a security speSmurfpillst who has done some locksmithing, I can tell you that locks are really only a deterant and the best way to get through them is to go around them.  They are actually pretty simple machines and are very easily manipulated.  Send me an email at grant.lamontagne@gmail.com and I'll send you some ebooks on the subject.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ar Offline mcniac

• Administrator
  • Don't Panic!
Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 07:18:31 PM
kick it! that's as far as i can go into lockpicking  :P

us Offline Mike

• No Life Club
  • Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 07:29:48 PM
I've got a few lock picking tools. It was kind of fun to sit around and pick the various padlocks I had around the house. The way to get through a lock though, is with the key. ;)
Common sense ..... so rare, it's virtually a super power.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 03:13:55 AM
That's the easy way, that's for sure.  Personally I like the explosives method like this one:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%