Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

EDC knife needed - Freestyle CX it is!

Offline Passive101

EDC knife needed - Freestyle CX it is!
on: November 25, 2009, 05:47:08 AM
I did some research for my next multi tool. After moving back to WI my gravity knife is not legal to carry here. So not only did I start looking for a quick easy to use one handed knife that is reliable, easy to use, and can be used for self defense if the situation calls for it, but I also found a multi tool with it!

I love my Leatherman Blast and was thinking of an S2 to carry around with me and such. Then I saw the Freestyle and then the Freestyle CX with a blade that would be great and would suit my needs. The pliers on it really take the cake as those will be handy as heck for me!  :multi:

This will be my 3rd multi tool and I'm really excited about it. It will be my bare minamilist tool to carry while working, going out, etc. My Blast will be kept in my car for now on so I will usually have it with me.

I plan on a bigger full size for primary car use or travel use in the future.

Thanks Leatherman for making a multi tool so I have at least a couple extra tools along with a knife I will be able to depend on if my primary tool is not available!  :salute:

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Re: EDC knife needed - Freestyle CX it is!
Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 05:49:22 AM
Glad your enjoying the multitools.  Welcome BTW to the forum!  :)

Offline Passive101

Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 05:54:12 AM
The freestyle won't have screw drivers on it, but I found these. Are these the best ones out there to go on my keychain? The "keychain" sized multi tools are to big and I simply want the screw drivers.

http://countycomm.com/screwkey.html
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 05:59:04 AM by Passive101 »

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club

Offline Passive101

Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 06:54:18 AM
That is a neat little tool, but I think if I need more then a philips or flat head I'll get a different tool or grab a larger multitool. In the future I'm going to replace my go to Blaze with one that has interchangeable bits to keep in the car or bring along with for travel to peoples places.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 11:16:58 PM
Glad to see that the Freestyle suits your needs :cheers: I like the CX model best of the 2 and if/when I get 1 will prob b that 1 cause of the PE blade :tu:

Offline Passive101

Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 11:29:11 PM
It was shipped today so next week I'll have to report back after my first impressions and after a week of use.

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 11:31:40 PM
I'm seriously considering a Freestyle and a SAK for light days . For me the Skeletool biener was a waste of space , and I was never uber impressed with the new fangled bit holder . All that said the concept had a lot of appeal .

Chris

Offline Passive101

Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 04:50:43 AM
I received my Freestyle CX yesterday. I carried it all day today.

Wow is this MT a looker  :drool:

This is a really durable little tool. It doesn't have sharp edges on it. It is easy to deploy the knife with one hand. It has a lot of solid steel to make it durable. The pliers are fantastic on it and very durable. I'll see how carrying it goes as an EDC   :multi:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%