Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

French Army Knife..?

AHB · 86 · 9264

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Re: French Army Knife..?
Reply #30 on: November 30, 2009, 12:14:22 AM

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #31 on: November 30, 2009, 12:18:32 AM
Happy days.
I'm back!!

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: November 30, 2009, 12:27:02 AM
You may take our hammocks but! you will never take our bananas  :ahhh :D

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Reply #33 on: November 30, 2009, 02:32:27 AM
*shrugs*
“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #34 on: November 30, 2009, 03:13:16 AM
You may take our hammocks but! you will never take our bananas  :ahhh :D

All your banana are belong to us

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: November 30, 2009, 03:41:25 AM
(

us Offline bren10man

Reply #36 on: December 01, 2009, 12:01:30 AM
Harriet Myers.......
MOLON LABE!

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #37 on: December 01, 2009, 12:55:10 AM
...lots of Americans would surrender to an invading force, and lots would be those men and women in that photo.   

In the cities, maybe.  And Peoples Republik States (those states with massive gun control, to include but not limited to: Kalifornia, New Jersey, New York, Illinois, LA, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, etc.).

Now, down South and the country where I come from, where there is no gun control, to quote ADM Yamamoto of the Imperial Japanese Navy, who toured the USA and studied here and at Oxford prior to WW2, and who planned the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor: "...you cannot conquer the USA.  Behind every blade of grass is a [firearm]..."

bren10man,

Something tells me you've never spent any time in Illinois.  You make it sound as if we can't own any weapons.  I have many, many guns, from side by side shotguns to gas operated, magazine fed rifles.  Not to mention revolvers and pistols.  All I needed was a FOID card.  I don't have a problem with getting a FOID card, I've got nothing to hide.   

As for the South, you must be forgetting about Florida.  I lived in Florida for 8 years and Florida has PLENTY of crime.  They have very lenient gun laws in Florida too.     
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 01:01:52 AM by 1jump2many »
[

Offline Bowman1911

Reply #38 on: December 01, 2009, 02:23:17 AM
Talking of politics and banana  :D
(Image removed from quote.)

It's much worse now.
N

ca Offline Shane769

• No Life Club
  • Gone Climbing.
Reply #39 on: December 01, 2009, 06:40:11 AM
Hey guys... I found the Canadian (or at least BC) Army Knife ;)

*Edit: Changed to a way better chainsaw after considering it has to work if it's for Canada ;)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 06:53:31 AM by Shane769 »
"I would rather live 40 years of excitement and fun and exhilarating and just WOOOO, full volume, then 80 years of la di di di da... you know... boring. Why not get out there and live it?!"

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: December 01, 2009, 06:43:01 AM
Hey guys... I found the Canadian (or at least BC) Army Knife ;)

I must have one!  :D or nevermind(just seen the site it was on...)
(

us Offline Singh

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: December 01, 2009, 01:57:10 PM
In the event of any invading force it would be a dumb government or state not to rearm it's people that even goes for the UK as well  :salute:

That reminds me...

American lockpicker, for the win!  :salute:

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Reply #42 on: December 01, 2009, 02:00:11 PM
the above post in what era was it?
“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

us Offline Singh

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: December 01, 2009, 03:18:31 PM
Someone mentioned Canada?  :D

« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 03:22:55 PM by shamus »

us Offline bren10man

Reply #44 on: December 01, 2009, 03:55:10 PM
the above post in what era was it?

World War II.  UK has always had an anti-gun feeling (Remember April 1775, Lexington and Concord, "..the shot heard 'round the world.." the Redcoats were coming to seize powder, shot, and muskets stored there until the Minutemen drove them off; rest is history).   Hence, why when Herr Hitler nearly defeated the BEF and the rest of the Allies in France, UK had almost nothing.  Hence, the drives in the U.S. to send private arms and then Lend Lease in 1941.  After WW2, UK got rid of alot of that Lend Lease and donated arms via shipping back to US as surplus, or scrapping.  You can tell if a say Colt M1911A1 or Smith and Wesson Victory model revolver (mainly in .38 S&W, not .38 Special) was formerlly in UK service by the MOD release stampings or Broad Arrow stamping.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 04:11:40 PM by bren10man »
MOLON LABE!

us Offline bren10man

Reply #45 on: December 01, 2009, 04:08:48 PM
bren10man,
Something tells me you've never spent any time in Illinois.  You make it sound as if we can't own any weapons.  I have many, many guns, from side by side shotguns to gas operated, magazine fed rifles.  Not to mention revolvers and pistols.  All I needed was a FOID card.  I don't have a problem with getting a FOID card, I've got nothing to hide.   
As for the South, you must be forgetting about Florida.  I lived in Florida for 8 years and Florida has PLENTY of crime.  They have very lenient gun laws in Florida too.     

1. I have cousins and a great-aunt that live in Joliet-Romeoville part of Chicagoland.

2. Why do I need an Firearms Ownership ID Card when there is the 2nd Amendment?

3. Chicago, ran by the stooge, machine politics, anti-gun Mayor Daley: 
http://biggovernment.com/2009/11/10/chicago-mayor-daley-blames-fort-hood-on-americas-love-of-guns/
You can't own a pistol, period, in Chicago.  No way to legally defend yourself. 
Result:   http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/1911357,thanksgiving-homicides-cook-county-113009.article
Plus, right after DC vs. Heller SCOTUS decision, NRA and GOA sued to overturn ban in Chicago, and several suburbs of Chicago.  Suburbs dropped thier unConstituional laws. 

4. Been to Florida numerous times.....grandma livevd in Sarasota in the winter.  Crime is in Miami mostly, but not northern Florida.  Same for lower Illinois  (Egypt) vs. Chicago.  Look who lives in both of those places......  BTW: Florida in parts is mostly NE expats, and from Latin America, so that demographic has changed.
MOLON LABE!

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #46 on: December 01, 2009, 08:15:01 PM
Did someone mention bananas?

A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #47 on: December 02, 2009, 12:25:57 AM
bren10man,

1. I have cousins and a great-aunt that live in Joliet-Romeoville part of Chicagoland.

2. Why do I need an Firearms Ownership ID Card when there is the 2nd Amendment?

3. Chicago, ran by the stooge, machine politics, anti-gun Mayor Daley: 
http://biggovernment.com/2009/11/10/chicago-mayor-daley-blames-fort-hood-on-americas-love-of-guns/
You can't own a pistol, period, in Chicago.  No way to legally defend yourself. 
Result:   http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/1911357,thanksgiving-homicides-cook-county-113009.article
Plus, right after DC vs. Heller SCOTUS decision, NRA and GOA sued to overturn ban in Chicago, and several suburbs of Chicago.  Suburbs dropped thier unConstituional laws. 

4. Been to Florida numerous times.....grandma livevd in Sarasota in the winter.  Crime is in Miami mostly, but not northern Florida.  Same for lower Illinois  (Egypt) vs. Chicago.  Look who lives in both of those places......  BTW: Florida in parts is mostly NE expats, and from Latin America, so that demographic has changed.

I live right around Joliet/Plainfield.  There is an awesome Gun store in Plainfield called Mega Sports, indoor range, large variety of weapons of ALL types.  Hmmm, remind me again where Rock River Arms and Springfield Armory weapons are manufactured?  Oh yeah, N. Illinois.

Cook County/Chicago isn't the whole state.  Not to mention, it's a democracy, if a majority of the people that live there want strict gun laws, that's the way it is.  I thought the Conservative Party wanted the States to have more self governance? 

As for Florida, you are completely wrong.  The crime isn't just high in Miami, it's high in all over the State.  I lived in the Tampa Bay area, Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties.  My Dad live in Sarasota and my mother-in-law lives in Bradenton.  I take it you've never been to Jacksonville either? 
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #48 on: December 02, 2009, 03:17:05 AM
OOooo a political discussion, this will be sure to end well I am sure.

As always, peoples opinions will vary hugely to such topics so keep it civil folks.

Oh boy! Politics AND guns in the same thread! :) I can't wait to see how this will turn out.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• No Life Club
Reply #49 on: December 02, 2009, 06:14:51 AM
I know I agree with Bren10man.
(

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #50 on: December 02, 2009, 06:51:41 AM
Like supply weapons so you could win your independence?  Exercise their own freedom by not agreeing with the US government?  Or by sacrificing their own countryside to provide intelligence and free prisoners from the Nazis?

I really am sick of the French bashing BS that goes on from time to time.  Learn your history folks.

Def
here a go some histroy on French-American relations.

Ok I am going to say one thing on French-American relations (till it comes back around).

Early (pre civil war) American history has a lot to do with American’s relation to France and the UK, being caught between the two during the Napoleonic wars.  To start with the French is who the doubt of gratitude is owed (sadly it back fired on him).  Next up was Robespierre whose hands were so bloody many were POed at him.  The French revolution was the end good feeling left over from the revolution, on both sides I might add, they were honked off at the US because we did not help them.  Next Napoleon he sold us Louisiana (good for him), but violated our flag (so did the Brits by the way) and it was a toss up who would get the War of 1812, but the Brits won that right, but Americans still were not the fond of the French.  By default Americans were closest to the British (in blood and ideals), so the bad blood between the two was passed on to the US.  

So as to the French resistance (not to forget every country had a resistance movement), I say they were very brave and helped end the war, but come on the French Government was useless during WWII, which I think is was most people refer to.  

Honestly I don’t care if they went to war with us or not.

I know my history.

Also I was taught American history by one of you most fine and noble Canadians :D.

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #51 on: December 02, 2009, 07:24:17 AM

Unfortunately I live in Illinois.

Illinois sucks, big time.

Illinois is always competing with New Jersey and Louisiana for the title of "most corrupt State in the Union."  Currently Illinois holds the title.

The last Governor was impeached and will probably do time in prison for corruption.

The 2nd to last Governor is doing time in prison right now for corruption.

Illinois has sent more Governors to prison than any other State, IIRC - maybe it was more Governors during the 20th Century.

Chicago is a notorious cesspit of corrupt politics - where Obama got started and learned politics.

US Senate and House seats can be bought for cash in Illinois.

Springfield is nearly as corrupt as Chicago, because it's largely controlled by the Chicago pols.

All of this might be tolerable if Illinois was well governed, but it isn't.

Illinois specializes in extravagantly expensive, inefficient, overly intrusive government.

N

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Reply #52 on: December 02, 2009, 07:47:18 AM
BTW: Florida in parts is mostly NE expats, and from Latin America, so that demographic has changed.

:D This is so juicy its not even worth touching   :angel:
- Terry Pratchett

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #53 on: December 02, 2009, 02:10:20 PM
And all of this has exactly what to do with the French Army knife that this thread was originally about?  :pok:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #54 on: December 02, 2009, 03:07:13 PM
And all of this has exactly what to do with the French Army knife that this thread was originally about?  :pok:

Def

I agree, I've made my points, whether anyone wants to believe them or not.  I'm not going to hijack this thread as my political soap box.  My point wasn't political to begin with but I see it turning in that direction.  The reason I like this forum is because it's a non political forum. 
[

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #55 on: December 02, 2009, 03:13:37 PM
The reason I like this forum is because it's a non political forum. 

You and me both...  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #56 on: December 02, 2009, 03:15:11 PM
+1 to that.
I'm back!!

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #57 on: December 02, 2009, 03:23:22 PM
+1 to that.
+2  :tu:
(I'll never post a funny picture again... ok, maybe just one or two) ;) :D

us Offline bren10man

Reply #58 on: December 02, 2009, 03:59:02 PM
This is getting old.......now, time to post pics!!!
MOLON LABE!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #59 on: December 02, 2009, 04:02:01 PM
Yay pics!

I'm back!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68