Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

any swiss army knife lovers

Zed · 41 · 3857

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
any swiss army knife lovers
on: November 30, 2009, 03:55:36 PM
i have this one in the middle on my keys all the time i find i handy ,although wish it had a lock on the main knife, the bottom one is a Chinese fake ive had for about 10 years works very well for a copy, any other swiss army knife fans,

paul
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 04:06:37 PM by zed6309 »

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: any love for the swiss army knife ?
Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 03:59:08 PM
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
Asking if folks like SAKs around here is like showing up at a Redneck Wedding and asking if anyone like light beer and Twinkies...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 04:05:44 PM
well iam new lol so let me off  :oops: ok so i should change it then to so you are all SAK lovers lol

paul

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Re: any swiss army knife lovers
Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 04:08:36 PM
Well at last count I was running around 400 SAKs, but that was some time ago... btw, I own that other site as well as this one, and since you are new, you can also check out our fledgling auction site, www.EDCSource.com which is trying to pick up where eBay left off with sharps and shiny things last March!

Def

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 04:13:19 PM
While I'm not in quite the same league as Grant (and a good few others here) I do have over 40 SAKs and only 6 pliers-based multitools so you could definitely call me a SAK fan. :D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 04:15:56 PM
thanks guys , grant im going to check out that site as ebay obviously these days doesnt seem to sell knives etc, i guess because of the bad wrap blades are getting in the press, shame as some of us use them as useful day to day tools,

paul

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 04:16:13 PM
I don't have near as many as most on this forum, but I use them all.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 04:21:12 PM
the one here i was given by a student who stayed with us a few years ago, her dad works for victorniox,she also gave my wife a little pink SAK that has a torch, she has it on here keys as well, although i dont think it gets any use, shame nice other than the pink lol

paul

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 04:26:35 PM
the one here i was given by a student who stayed with us a few years ago, her dad works for victorniox,she also gave my wife a little pink SAK that has a torch, she has it on here keys as well, although i dont think it gets any use, shame nice other than the pink lol

i think mine is the Climber Swiss Army Knife  model    

paul

us Offline Smitty44

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 04:39:44 PM
Welcome to the forums Zed6309,If you like SAK's you came to the right place.  :climber::cheers:& :salute:

PS: Def where did you get that picture of my cousin.  LOL
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 04:41:38 PM by Smitty44 »

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 04:41:35 PM
thanks guys , grant im going to check out that site as ebay obviously these days doesnt seem to sell knives etc, i guess because of the bad wrap blades are getting in the press, shame as some of us use them as useful day to day tools,

paul

Actually, eBay.co.uk has banned the sale of knives in the UK, and across much of Europe.  Tragically this is not based on law, just a company policy meant to try and placate the anti knife movement in the UK.  As you can see, there are a lot of members here from the UK and across Europe that aren't criminals that have legitimate interest in tools and knives.  

As a result, something had to be done, and so we are doing it.  :D

Def

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 04:50:33 PM
Asking if folks like SAKs around here is like showing up at a Redneck Wedding and asking if anyone like light beer and Twinkies...

(Image removed from quote.)

Def

LOL!!!!  That's hysterical...true, but hysterical.  :) 

Yeah, Zed, there's a few SAK nuts around here and more than a few converts...myself included.  Welcome to MT.O.
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 05:02:41 PM
I might have the odd Farmer or two dotted round the place :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 05:02:50 PM

paul

Actually, eBay.co.uk has banned the sale of knives in the UK, and across much of Europe.  Tragically this is not based on law, just a company policy meant to try and placate the anti knife movement in the UK.  As you can see, there are a lot of members here from the UK and across Europe that aren't criminals that have legitimate interest in tools and knives.  

As a result, something had to be done, and so we are doing it.  :D

Def

oh thats the reason, shame that we have to pay for some stupid yougsters playing with knives,thanks for the info and the thread , i even had trouble getting a hobby craft knife on ebay lol, oh well ebay does do my head in some times so nice to try out a alternative,

paul

Offline andrea.from.roma

Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 05:21:50 PM
[...] a student who stayed with us a few years ago, her dad works for victorniox [...]

[me thinking]

By now zed6309 should be drowning in a tsunami of private messages from all of us going like "Ok, here's my number, tell him to call me as soon as he can, even at night, please! And here's my mom's number, in case I'm visiting her!"

[/me thinking]

:D

A.
R

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 05:47:09 PM
[...] a student who stayed with us a few years ago, her dad works for victorniox [...]

[me thinking]

By now zed6309 should be drowning in a tsunami of private messages from all of us going like "Ok, here's my number, tell him to call me as soon as he can, even at night, please! And here's my mom's number, in case I'm visiting her!"

[/me thinking]

:D

A.

lol, im still in contact with her, i have to say she is the prettiest young lady ive ever seen, i real stunner, of course being a happily married man with 3 daughters i never noticed,

yeah right lol

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 05:56:27 PM
Zed, it's a bit lengthy, but you may want to have a look at this thread:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,9197.0.html

We have also seen Leatherman sheaths, without the tools being pulled from UK eBay listings.

Def

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 06:05:48 PM
Zed, it's a bit lengthy, but you may want to have a look at this thread:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,9197.0.html

We have also seen Leatherman sheaths, without the tools being pulled from UK eBay listings.

Def

wow def i read a little and TBH it was enough to make me realize how bad its got,i guess my local camping shop should be ok for SAK and leathermans, well they was there 4 months ago, poss all gone now , its very sad, when i was 14 in 1984 i collected knives and rep guns, was easy then you just walked into a sports shop (well the one near me lol) and got what you wanted, most my blades was over 6 inches, i never took them out the house as i had them displayed, but for camping i had a SAK or a 5inch hunting knife that was given to me forget its name, sadly i sold my whole collection of over 50 knives and 60 odd rep guns to a collecter in 1990 , these days because of the kids and all this on tv i have them tucked away, other than SAK on my key ring, another in my ruch sack, and the leatherman when i go mountain biking, its in my hydration bag, lifes defo got complicated my friend,

paul

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 06:31:16 PM
Yeah, it's amazing what you can accomplish with a lot of hype and a little sense huh?

Add to that the ban on selling kitchen knives with points in the UK and the recent proposed bans on pocket knives in the US, and it makes you wonder just how long common sense has left before it's extinct!

Def

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #22 on: November 30, 2009, 07:55:27 PM
What's a SAK..???  :think: :think:

:D  :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #23 on: November 30, 2009, 08:19:07 PM
Swedish Air Kangaroos- similar to the Australian kangaroo, only with large, bat-like wings that allow it to glide short distances with each hop.  Very rare...

Def

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #24 on: November 30, 2009, 08:22:04 PM
Swedish Air Kangaroos- similar to the Australian kangaroo, only with large, bat-like wings that allow it to glide short distances with each hop.  Very rare...

Def
And people actually collect THOSE...??   :o :ahhh  :o :ahhh

:rofl:

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #25 on: November 30, 2009, 08:35:42 PM
Yeah - you don't have a Swedish Air Kangaroo. Allan? I thought you were a serious collector too  ???

;)

Funny thing is, I don't even collect Swiss Army Knives, yet I must have accumulated about 20 ........  How does that work :think:

.......i guess my local camping shop should be ok for SAK and leathermans, well they was there 4 months ago, poss all gone now .....

Oh that kind of place will still be sellling SAKs and tools, and I dare say that the ebay ban has given them a real boost. I would advise though (especially with the higher priced tools) that you look here, and on edcsource.com before buying anything locally. Half price is not uncommon!
I used to come here a lot.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #26 on: November 30, 2009, 08:51:14 PM
Swedish Air Kangaroos- similar to the Australian kangaroo, only with large, bat-like wings that allow it to glide short distances with each hop.  Very rare...

Def
And people actually collect THOSE...??   :o :ahhh  :o :ahhh

:rofl:

I would have thought being a Scandinavian you would have been more familiar with those than anyone else here.  I was hoping you could get an ALOX one for me to complete my collection!  I've been looking for a while but all I can find are these knockoffs...

Def

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #27 on: November 30, 2009, 09:23:54 PM
I would have thought being a Scandinavian you would have been more familiar with those than anyone else here.  I was hoping you could get an ALOX one for me to complete my collection!  I've been looking for a while but all I can find are these knockoffs...
Def
If I stumble upon a ALOX your'll be the first to know... But it might be a 2HO if that's okay with you...?

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #28 on: November 30, 2009, 10:54:39 PM
SAK? What is a SAK?  :think:

;)
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #29 on: November 30, 2009, 11:28:36 PM
Why it stands for Silent Air Konditioner, you Silly Ass Kanadian!  :D

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%