Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

75 mm Secretary? 1269

Sr. Member Posts: 448
75 mm Secretary?
« on: December 15, 2009, 07:13:42 PM »
Hi
I recently found this little beauty,a 75mm Secretary like penknife,after a lot of searching I still can't come up with a name for it can someone please help.
Thanks

Rest is not idleness,
and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day,
listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky,
is by no means a waste of time
Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 31,380 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
Re: 75 mm Secretary?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 07:59:30 PM »
I've not got an answer for you I'm afraid but we do have a few guys that might be able to tell you.  Unfortunately that whole Pocket Pal/Secretary/ Excelsior range just seems very muddled, let alone the smaller versions. :-\

Welcome to the forum though. :tu:

Try not to be the person who blunders around and causes everyone else to get out the way.  Everyone else thinks you're a utter...
No Life Club Posts: 4,534
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 01:06:48 AM »
All I can tell you is they appear to be built on the 0.68xx frame, which was common in an earlier time for ladies and gentleman's knives. That's a very nice find as those knives are very pocket friendly.  It appears the knives were made with many different scales, but often from natural materials rather than aluminum.  I hope you find out more information, but I have a feeling there may not be any official name for that.  You could ask Victorinox if they know of any name being associated with it (or at least get the correct AN), but they don't seem to have paid much attention to the earlier names that were assigned by the importers.  The proper AN though may help you find a name if one exists.
Sr. Member Posts: 448
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 06:58:05 AM »
Thanks for the help guys,I'll see what I can gather from Victorinox,as far as being pocket friendly you hardly notice it, I actually forgot it in my pocket after photographing it,but as its the only one I've got and in such good condition I won't be carrying it,its for display only. :D

Rest is not idleness,
and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day,
listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky,
is by no means a waste of time
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 05:14:02 PM »
It looks like in the past this knife had the AN ' 1070 r+ ', but at that time they used a different shield emblem.
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 09:07:45 PM »
Actually now I'm not sure if those were 75mm or 84mm.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
February Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: $308.00
PayPal Fees: $18.89
Net Balance: $289.11
Below Goal: $10.89
Site Currency: USD
96%