Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Accidents with multitools

geoemt · 14 · 3016

Offline geoemt

Accidents with multitools
on: September 27, 2006, 04:11:02 AM
I saw this story last year, it involves a boyscout and a LM Micra...do you have bad experiences with your multitools??
Guillermo

http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_356200328.html

<

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Re: Accidents with multitools
Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 04:40:07 AM
Man, I thought the pinches and blood blisters my Wave was giving me was bad, but.... DAMN!!!

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 08:44:50 AM
Nothing as bad as that poor boy.  But I did take a rather large chunk of my thumb off while trying to close my LM Charge with one hand while on a ladder. Also I got a few bites while playing with a SOG Powerlock for the first time.
"

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 02:37:26 PM
Nothing major that I can speak of, mt wife got pinched bad by a paratool once.

DavidBinGA

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 09:27:54 PM
I got two stitches in the end of my finger after a PST II blade folded on me during use.  It was my middle finger so I made sure to ask the doctor if I'd ever be able to drive again!

My PST II also is getting a little loose and when you try to flip it closed, the blades in the opposite handle fly out.  Depending on which handle I have in my hand I run the risk of stabbing my wrist!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 11:53:24 AM
my Biggest Multi related injury caused when a Vic Classic closed on my finger (I was using it to bore a hole in something, so it closed with considerable enthusiasm)

On the upside, I have a really cool scar.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 07:09:41 PM
Yeah, those little Classics can give quite a bite if you aren't careful.  The sad part is that unless you can come up with a really good story, it's usually embarrassing to show folks which knife left the mark!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 07:28:49 PM
While playing with my Huntsman I cut the tip of my right index finger from the top of the nail all the way to the first line on your index finger. It was so bad you could see muscle and bone! I completely drenched my sweater in blood. I wraped it up with duct tape than in a week I used butterfly closures!
B

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 08:29:36 PM
About 10 or 12 years ago I was on a date with a girl. We were, of course, in my old beater truck at the time. We went to Worlds of Fun, an amusement park in Kansas City. Had a great time. After it closed we went to get in the truck. The driver side door wouldn't open. The lock was stuck. So I opened up the passenger side and had her crawl in and roll down the window to see if I could pull up the lock manually. I couldn't do it with my fingers so I pulled out my tool :o, my Leatherman. So I was yanking on this lock and it finally broke loose. When it did I was still yanking as hard as I could and it caused the tool it hit me in the face. Right on the eye socket bone.

Needless to say I saw stars and heard Elvis. After a while I pulled myself together and realized I was bleeding fairly good and hurt like hell. Being the tough guy John Wayne person I was(or thought I was) I drove her home, which was about 45 minutes away. After that I went to my house, another 45 minutes away.

The next day I had a black eye and it still hurt bad but I went to work anyway. I started noticing my vision wasn't quite right so I made an appt with the eye DR. It turns out I'd cracked my eye socket slightly and had torn my retina. I had a few laser surgeries to correct it but my vision was never again 100%. In the last year my "floaters" in that eye have gotten so bad that I don't drive unless I absolutely have too and only in the daytime.

Yea, I'm clumsy.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 08:32:02 PM
Sod that mate :o
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 11:42:42 PM
DTH that sounds nasty!  :o  When I used to race RC cars I saw a guy trying to lever up something on one of his cars with a phillips screwdriver and it slipped off and the screwdriver went into his eye.  :-X  Luckily it had gone just below his eye ball so he recovered ok.

You have all seen one of my injuries.  :D  That was with a fixed blade though.
I'm back!!

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 12:12:34 AM
The good part is that almost all of the damage was below the skin so my pretty face wasn't damaged. I've always been clumsy and accident prone. Most people who know me say that I am, BY FAR, the clumsiest person they know. I'm always falling down, or hitting my head, or elbow, stubbing my toe, impaling myself with hand tools, electrocuting myself, accidentally setting things on fire, accidentally setting MYSELF on fire, dropping things and tripping over large easily seen objects like couches. I've always been this way but it's getting worse.

Although, perhaps ironically, messing around with my SAK's and multi-tools is something I'm always doing but I RARELY cut myself. And if I do it's just a small one. I've only cut myself bad enough to need stitches once and that was when I was 15.

http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 02:42:50 AM
I used to race slot-cars! That was the coolest hobby ever! They went like 70 MPH!
B

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 04:08:47 AM
 ???
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00