Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Quick Itunes question

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Quick Itunes question
on: December 30, 2009, 04:04:46 AM
I'm trying to create a dedicated album folder from a CDR, and when I put in the CDR and upload the songs, they appear seperated on the main page.  Is there a way I can combine those tracks into an album folder?

And how can I pull a few tracks off a CD and create another folder for them?  Like some CDs I have also have an EP or demo tracks added to the end of the album.  I'd like the album tracks to be in one folder, and the EP or demo tracks to be in a seperate folder...
[

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Re: Quick Itunes question
Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 04:18:09 AM
I do a fair bit of this kind of thing as I've recorded some of my old vinyl into mp3s and such.

If you right-click on one of your tracks, select "Get Info" and then select the "Info" tab, you just need to edit the "Artist" and "Album" fields to be the same, and then they'll be grouped together. You can use the track number fields to sort them to play on the right order. I think that does the first bit.

The best way to do the second thing would be to use playlists. Just drag one of the tracks into the left-hand margin to create a new playlist, rename it to whatever you like, then just drag the extra tracks you want in there too. The playlist will sync onto your iPod, and it's a convenient way to burn your own compilations to CD etc.

I think I understood what you're after - but drop me a PM if needs be :tu:
I used to come here a lot.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 04:27:32 AM
I'll try that :tu:

What kind of setup do you use to upload albums from vinyl?
[

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 04:39:44 AM
I just made up a cable (it's a little while since I've seen it actually  :think:), but I connected the headphone socket on my amp to an input on my sound card.

I would record the whole side of an album as a .wav file using some free software I found called Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/). You can then use Audacity to cut your long continuous "track" into individual tracks and export them as .mp3 files.

Import them into iTunes, edit the tags as mentioned above and you can burn as a CD or whatever. It's a bit convoluted, but for any old vinyl you've got that can't be found on CD or a download - it's great.
I used to come here a lot.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD