Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

111mm Carry

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
111mm Carry
on: December 23, 2009, 02:45:28 AM
I recall something about a tyre innertube on the belt, but what other options do people have for 111mm SAK carry?
I want to carry either my Helmsman or OHT, but neither have clips and loose things rolling around my pockets distress me.

Has anyone seen belt pouches of a decent size? or suggest other innovative carry techniques that give both ready access and secure holding? (I'm often in unusual positions, so I need more than gravity to stop things rolling out of my pockets)

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: 111mm Carry
Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 02:48:15 AM
Put a small carabiner on the keyring, then hang on pocket rim, the gate would lock onto your pocket.

I carry my keys this way and a few times the keyring slipped out but carabiner still held on securely.

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 03:23:05 AM
My OH-GAK is usually sheath carried in the right back pocket.

For a clipless, larger SAK the back pocket is my preferred mode of carry.  I don't EDC belt sheathes.  EDC with a belt hanger dangling into a front pocket is awkward feeling and hard to access.

For back pocket carry to work well, the sheath must be customized to fit the SAK and the 'average' pocket it'll be carried in.

Sheath keeps the SAK vertical with the top of the handle just below the top of the pocket.

Sheath keeps the SAK on the outboard side of the pocket, which is important for comfort when sitting and climbing in and out of vehicles.

SAK fits tightly in the sheath, for secure retention, with about a half-inch of handle sticking up above the top of the sheath.  Enough handle exposed to grab between thumb and forefinger then easily tug free of the sheath.

Often carried with a short paracord fob or a longer paracord lanyard clipped to the SAK, which makes access to the SAK even easier.

Try back pocket carry, you might like it.

N

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 03:23:18 AM
Either a belt pouch , or the plier/screwdriver pocket on workpants .

Chris

00 Offline Bill.H

Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 05:02:16 AM
On/Scene Tactical makes some kydex sheaths for the 111mm series. I bet one of them could be fitted with a tek-lok for belt carry, or used as-is for carrying with paracord.

gb Offline Screwtape

• I am the Toast King!!
Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 11:17:08 AM
I'm belt carrying my OHT in a gerber crucial pouch recently.  Works for me :tu:
"Hello! I am the Toast King and I rule over the Moon!"

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 01:07:07 PM
Vic do their own pouches for the 111mm.  I believe the 4.0533 and the 4.0538 on this page would suite your needs.

http://www.victorinox.ch/index.cfm?site=victorinox.ch&page=4&lang=E
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%