Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

so I fail...

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
so I fail...
on: January 04, 2010, 04:09:55 PM
So yesterday I tried to walk from one end of my girlfriend's apartment to the other. Simple enough. Unless 2 steps in you lose your balance for no apparent reason, twist your ankle so bad you hear it pop out of and back into place, and end up in so much pain you can barely get out of bed without help.... guess it's a good thing I don't have a job to go to lol. Seriously though, this crap hurts. Im fairly confident its just a really bad sprain, but damn it sucks. Seems to have loosened up a bit though, I can at least hobble around (sorta) unassisted now.

Edited for rampant cell phone induced typing errors.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 04:13:48 PM by thebullfrog »

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Re: so I fail...
Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 04:11:02 PM
ouch :-[
A

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 04:15:27 PM
I feel your pain, 9 years ago while bmx racing i twisted my foot backwards, i had to have it re-built as lost alot of lower bone, i had a major op and lots of plates and pins, TI  ;) and now 9 years on i have really bad arthritis and lose strength in it now and then, ive got a parachute jump at the end of this year for my 40th and i have to do a buddy jump as my ankle wont take the landing, i also had to give up a long love of bmx last year as was getting to beat up and it hurts when i land,  :-\ and im a old git  :D take care and put your feet up with a cuppa  :tu:

paul   

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 04:17:42 PM
Yeah. So instead of going home this morning like I was supposed to do, I'm now holed up in her bad while she's at work. Keeping my leg elevated and iced. Playing Star Ocean on my PS1 emulator on my laptop, and using my phone to hang out with you guys all day lol.

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 04:19:18 PM
the one time i twisted my ankle was when a big one of this full with water used my ankle as a trampoline after falling out of a truck bed

resting helps :tu:
A

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 04:22:35 PM
Thing is I've actualy hurt myself far worse than this, but usually it's while doing something. Like crashing a dirt bike, or putting my face through a car window (don't ask) or having a wooden store display fall on my leg, or whatever. But this honestly seems to hurt more. I think it's the lack of adrenaline. Breaking my arm and then setting it myself didn't feel as bad as that ankle twist did.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 04:27:19 PM
Thing is I've actualy hurt myself far worse than this, but usually it's while doing something. Like crashing a dirt bike, or putting my face through a car window (don't ask) or having a wooden store display fall on my leg, or whatever. But this honestly seems to hurt more. I think it's the lack of adrenaline. Breaking my arm and then setting it myself didn't feel as bad as that ankle twist did.

some times its the odd things that hurt the most, i woke up once with a black eye, it really hurt and ive no clue how i got it, although the other half still gives me this little smirk when i talk about it  ;)  :rofl: she denies it of course  :angel:

paul

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 04:38:08 PM
Yeah, that's what happens when you start saying another woman's name in your sleep  :pok:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 04:43:54 PM
Yeah, that's what happens when you start saying another woman's name in your sleep  :pok:

:rofl: i think it was more than likely my snoring  :-\

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 05:33:31 PM
Ouch!  Not a good day, huh?
I don't have any tension left in the ligaments of my ankle due to numerous sprains, strains and breaks over the years.  They can hurt like a Colorful Enunciation though!  If you feel up to it later and she has a bath tub, you might want to try to some passive movements under the water, preferrably as cold as you can stand it.  Also, might try putting a towel on a slick floor, like kitchen floor and while sitting, put your foot on the towel and push it away from you then pull it back by bending and straightening your knee.  Passive flexion and extension...might help loosen it up.  Take care and RICE!
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 06:31:59 PM
What you should do now is go out in the streets and when you se a really fancy car you walk in front of it, really important that it looks like you have been standing in the streets for a long  time, and when the car nicks you, drop right down in the street and start yelling “My career! My promising football career as a QB for the Green Bay Packers! OH WHY OH WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TO ME!!WHY!” When you have been crying that out for a couple of minutes you say “Now I have to play for the Raiders but 50 000$ might help me forget that”

The driver will feel so bad that you would have to play for the raiders that he will pay you out of pure sympathy.

But don’t tell this to anyone since I think it’s not legal :D
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 06:39:16 PM
Make sure you see a doc mate, your probably right, but best to be sure :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 09:40:54 PM
I've done a bit of hobbling around and it feels a bit better. That bathtub idea wouldn't be too bad, but I'm way to tall for her tub lol. A doctor would also be a decent idea if I had any money, a job, or insurance. Since I have none of those things I'm on my own lol.

And I'm pretty sure if - told anyone around here I play for the Packers they'd just back over me repeatedly till I was dead.....

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 10:14:43 PM
Sorry mate I forgot about the medical insurance you'd need your side of the pond :-\
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 10:36:28 PM
haha yeah, good 'ole U S of A. But if my last name was Ramirez and I didn't speak English I'd get free treatment.... I know I know, not suppose talk about that stuff any more, but it really irritates me that I have to sit here in pain untreated because of the asinine way our medical system works. (and no it's not a race thing, it's the fact that our medical system is set up in such a way that illegal immigrants from anywhere in the world can get free treatment at the drop of a hat, but I can't get any without jumping through so many hoops it isn't worth it unless I'm dying)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 10:38:35 PM by thebullfrog »

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 10:38:19 PM
Sorry mate I forgot about the medical insurance you'd need your side of the pond :-\
Please don't go there  :-\

sorry to hear about your leg with luck it should be fine in a day or two ;)

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 10:44:55 PM
And I'm pretty sure if - told anyone around here I play for the Packers they'd just back over me repeatedly till I was dead.....

Hmmm, where do you live?

A doctor would also be a decent idea if I had any money, a job, or insurance. Since I have none of those things I'm on my own lol.

That sucks mate........How much does it cost to go to the doctor in the states ???

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 10:48:08 PM
I live close enough to Chicago that even if you're a Packers fan you don't dare say it in public LOL.

Cost depends. If I go to my doctor it's a min. of $50 just to walk in the front door. Any treatment brings it closer to like $200. Anything perscribed to me for pain or whatever costs who know what. And God forbid they wanna do an X-Ray to examine it (which is a guarantee they will) cause then were getting over a grand just for that most likely, and yeah you can see where it's headed.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 11:06:33 PM
Cost depends. If I go to my doctor it's a min. of $50 just to walk in the front door. Any treatment brings it closer to like $200. Anything perscribed to me for pain or whatever costs who know what. And God forbid they wanna do an X-Ray to examine it (which is a guarantee they will) cause then were getting over a grand just for that most likely, and yeah you can see where it's headed.

DANG! You can say what you want about government run healthcare but it has it's advantages.

I would have helped you out bro if I could, but since I got fired a month ago I don't have the funds. But I will give you some posetiv thoughts and hope that it's nothing seriouse.

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 11:35:51 PM
I don't think its too overly serious. It seem to have improved fairly drastically throuout the day. I can hobble around unassisted now if need be. Im sure it'll be a week or two before im really able to use it tho.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 03:11:58 AM
It amuses me no end when I hear people in Britain complaining about the NHS (and my god how they complain)  ::)

Maybe it's because I've lived abroad and have a different perspective now, but if you have to wait for a couple of hours for free treatment, it ain't bad value really is it?

I guess you'll know in a day or two whether it just a sprain or more serious bullfrog - fingers crossed for you mate  :-\
I used to come here a lot.

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 04:27:03 PM
Seems to be feeling a lot better today. It's a dull ache as opposed to ungodly pain  :tu: I also have most of my range of motion back without too much trouble and I can actually put a bit of weight on it. Still can't walk normally by any means.
My girlfriend wouldn't let me drive home yet tho so I'm still confined to bed rest lol.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%