Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ebay got the best of me...

665ae · 10 · 1862

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Ebay got the best of me...
on: June 12, 2007, 07:23:02 AM
I was browsing the 'bay tonight and snagged a SOG Powerlock... I wasn't even looking for one... Ugh, I can't resist bidding on stuff  >:D
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline supratentorial

Re: Ebay got the best of me...
Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 08:52:09 AM
Ebay has gotten the best of me many times!   But, I've also gotten the best of Ebay may times so I guess it equals out.   :angel: >:D

Congratulations on the auction win.  The Powerlock is one of my favorites--I hope you like it!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 01:24:09 PM
By my reckoning, you were WAY overdue for a new multitool anyway! After all, how long has it been...?  ;D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 02:57:59 PM
By my reckoning, you were WAY overdue for a new multitool anyway! After all, how long has it been...?  ;D

Hmm... I don't know.  I bought a couple of SAKs a few months back... So yeah, I was WAY overdue!  I guess now I need to make up for it... Where's my link to that Gerber for sale? :)
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 03:50:28 PM
That's where I got my Powerlock :multi:
[

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 03:56:43 PM
I remember a thread way back where someone got a Powerlock off of ebay and it wasn't the same one that was delivered.  Anyone remember that thread?  I don't remember the exact details.

I know in the auction I won.  The picture was of a Powerlock with the V cutter, but there was a note in the description that the picture was for reference only.  The one I won isn't "exactly" like the picture.

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 04:12:29 PM
Then he sends you a crappy Chinese LM rip-off..... :D
[

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 04:27:30 PM
Then he sends you a crappy Chinese LM rip-off..... :D

Ugh... don't say that!!!  The description does say it's a SOG Powerlock.  I'm assuming it's just the one without the V cutter, while the pic has the V cutter.

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 06:52:33 PM
I never do that, I trade heavily on Ebay, and never buy an item where the photo isn't of the item being sold, unless the person explicitly describes the item as 'brand new' in which the description can be used to hold the person to account if the item is messed up. Otherwise their description, i.e. saying something is in 'good condition' doesn't mean sh!t, how can you quantify 'good'? Good for him might be crap for you.

The other alternative is to ask the person to describe the item really well, exactly what condition its in, what kind of dents and scratches it has, is it in full working order, etc. If they have good positive feedback, then I'd trust them, but I would still be wary, its not the best way to buy.

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 07:05:57 PM
Haha... ok, the Vcutter is included in the description.  It also says Mint, never been used, not in original packaging. 

I always read the sellers ratings to see how they've done.  I usually look for comments about people receiving items as described, how they were packaged, how fast they were shipped, etc. 

I wasn't exactly looking for a new in box tool.  I'm starting to gain a certain fondness for slightly used 2nd hand tools.  It gives them some character :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%