Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Colonial Solder Tec

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Colonial Solder Tec
on: June 12, 2007, 03:35:17 PM
This tool was brought up in another thread...  Smokey Mountain Knife works has them with a price of $2.99  :o

Here's the link...  http://www.eknifeworks.com/webapp/eCommerce/product.jsp?A=&Mode=Cat&Cat=14&range=11&SKU=MIST10
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Re: Colonial Solder Tec
Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 03:43:35 PM
Sorry to sound down hearted, but let me tell you a story. Colonial is/was a good company but and thier product seemed to be decent quality. For a little while I was even thier "man" so to speak for the product testing of thier new line, shortly down the road I was ignored and phonecalls/e-mails were never returned. Steve Palantonio runs the company, it's in the family line, like I said they made good products. Unless I got something cheap, I don't think I would actually BUY thier products.

to check out the website I had built for my reviews on colonial products go to http://members.aol.com/colonialknifefan/ it's not the best in the world but hey, I am an amature. I really had faith that these folks were going to make a come back, they sent me knives for free to test/review them and it was a cool partnership, I got to see the pheonix rise from the ashes so to speak, when I told him about MT.ORG and what we were doing here, he said that they only give products out to the press and that if I wanted something I was going to have to buy it. Words from the same guy who would work with me on anything??  ::) I just don't get it, I probably never will. Check out the site while it still exists, my AOL is no longer in service but by the grace of god the site still stands, maybe as a testimate to what I was doing for the company, who knows. Enjoy, let me know you thoughts, this is not to be a colonial bashing thread by any means, but I just don't know what happened. They grew faster than they anticipated and didn't need me anymore? Ohh well, MT is here to stay and we arn't going no where.  :grin:

David.....sorry for rambling

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 12:23:21 AM
That's really odd...who exactly counts as "the press"?  I personally read ALL reviews on knives/tools/lights, etc on the internet...I consider a website like multitool.org to be "the press".  His loss I guess...although that tool looks nice.  What is the quality like of their stuff?  I'm not expecting much for $3 :-X
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 01:22:41 AM
Pic
Colonial Solder-Tec.jpg
* Colonial Solder-Tec.jpg (Filesize: 38.94 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 01:22:54 AM
It's made in China. Quality is somewhat better than the usual crap coming from over there. It's the sort of tool you would normally expect to pay $15 or $20 for. No way in hell is it worth the $71 that Colonial Knife Company is asking for them HERE.

I'm wondering if that Smokey Mountain price is some sort of misprint?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 06:23:41 AM
Hehe... If I order anything from them, I plan on adding one of those Colonial tools to my order.  We'll find out if the $3 tag is right or not...
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 12:39:08 AM
If they aren't too thick, it looks like two of those tools would be good for a electronics kit...one to hold something and the other to snip it..etc..
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD