Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Mini Ritter RSK vs. Mini-grip

Offline skidoosh

Mini Ritter RSK vs. Mini-grip
on: January 16, 2010, 04:21:16 AM
I'm looking for thoughts on the mini-ritter RSK vs. the Mini-griptillian.   :gimme:
1) I'm not real clear on what the mini-Ritter RSK gives me over the mini-grip.  In your opinion is it that superior of a knife for the money?  Are the ergonomics different on it? 
2) I always fight between tougher steel vs. tough to sharpen- thoughts here. 
3) Have read a few reviews on the mini-ritter RSK and am intrigued- if you own one, speak up.
4) Grip owners- axis lock- love it or what?
thanks

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Re: Mini Ritter RSK vs. Mini-grip
Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 11:17:38 PM
skidoosh,

The only significant differences between the Ritter Mini-RSK and the Benchmade Mini-Grip is the blade steel and blade design. In colored handles the Ritter uses a different synthetic material called Valox instead of Noryl GTX.

Benchmade uses 154CM in their Mini-Grip while the Ritter Mini is using CPM S30V (although there is a limited edition version of the Ritter that comes with CPM M4 blade steel) so with the Ritter you will be getting a better edge holding steel, and one a bit tougher to sharpen.

For me, at nearly double the price of a regular Mini-Grip, I don't see the Ritter being worth it because you are definitely not getting double the performance or quality.

As to the AXIS-lock........it's great. One of the best blade locking mechanisms out there.

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

Offline skidoosh

Re: Mini Ritter RSK vs. Mini-grip
Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 02:46:43 AM
Ok,
that sums it up for me.  My Leatherman ALX has 154 CM steel and the thing is seriously scary sharp with the sharp maker.  Wasn't sure if the ritter was that much better but I was wondering. 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%